Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And yet...

He has a White Trash conception of what wealth is.
    And bet you a cookie he screwed over at least three small businesses when having that monstrosity built. He is well known as one who will not pay his bills and threaten to bog down the people he owes in lengthly law suits if they dare to contest his nonpayment.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Great speech by President Donald Trump.

He's supposed to captivate those young minds and captivated he left them. He instilled on them some values that every POTUS should instill on the younger generations.
    Blame Hillary and Obama is a value?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Of course, the "it's all women and colored folks fault" line has been used ever since we started giving them rights like they were people.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Of course, the "it's all women and colored folks fault" line has been used ever since we started giving them rights like they were people.
    Well, I'm not going that far, much rather make fun of Trump finally speaking to an audience that's appropriate for the way Trump speaks... 11 to 18 years olds...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    He has a White Trash conception of what wealth is.
    Have you ever seen something so lacking in taste that it makes you want to vomit?

I've often said that were Donald Trump not born into inherited wealth, he'd be beer swilling white trash in a wifebeater. This is why he despises 'coastal liberal elites' or at least claims to, despite desperately wanting to fit in; he doesn't fit in with East Coast old money because he has absolutely no taste and doesn't play by the handbook, nor does he fit in with West Coast new money because he's too old and not 'hip' in any sense of the word.

In essence, he is a weaponised vial of the 1980s. Gaudy, hypercapitalist, utterly lacking in any taste, sensibility, or refinement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Have you ever seen something so lacking in taste that it makes you want to vomit?
    Funny part is that it looks like the wet dream of every low taste Russian oligarch.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Usually, we do not praise people with bad reputation in front of children. We teach them about the mistakes those people made so those children can learn not to do the same.

Usually, we do not praise people with bad reputation in front of children. We teach them about the mistakes those people made so those children can learn not to do the same.
    You should give that advice to Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Funny part is that it looks like the wet dream of every low taste Russian oligarch.
    Russia seems to be hung up on this vision of 1980s America as the pinnacle of prosperity, so it makes sense a lot of them would decorate their living spaces like the set of Dynasty.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You should give that advice to Trump.
    No. Trump understands that Hillary and Obama aren't good role models for those kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Trump understands that Hillary and Obama aren't good role models for those kids.
    Yeah, the thrice divorced nepotist pussy grabber is a better role model than a solid family man with two daughters and a dedicated spouse.

So, Trump shouldn't follow your advice?

Why is Obama not a good role model? He seems like a rather upstanding fellow, especially when compared to a person with as many flaws and skeletons as Hillary or Trump. I would love to know what metric you are using that would characterize Trump as a better role model than Obama.

The crowd of kids is full of Trump-worshiping Deplorables cheering for health insurance to be ripped form 22M people.

Yeah, the thrice divorced nepotist pussy grabber is a better role model than a solid family man with two daughters and a dedicated spouse.
    Those divorces clearly weren't Trump's fault. Trump is not a "pussy grabber". Locker room talk doesn't define a man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no... we usually don't attack our opponents at these events. Blaming others for your misfortunes, isn't a good value. I know it's a big one for Trump and you seem to think it's a good trait, but personal accountability is considerably more desirable value than finger pointing... at an event where no such political attacks actually take place...

10+ Year Old Account
    Those divorces clearly weren't Trump's fault. Trump is not a "pussy grabber". Locker room talk doesn't define a man.
    Nah, it really does. If you're only respectful to women when the cameras are on, you're still an asshole.

Really, Trump has absolutely no redeeming qualities at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, Trump shouldn't follow your advice?

Why is Obama not a good role model? He seems like a rather upstanding fellow, especially when compared to a person with as many flaws and skeletons as Hillary or Trump. I would love to know what metric you are using that would characterize Trump as a better role model than Obama.
    - ObamaCare is a boondoggle
    - Obama failed to reform immigration
    - He withdrew prematurely from Iraq
    - He blew the Arab Spring
    - Obama ignored the threat of a resurgent Russian dictatorship
    - He didn’t shut down Guantanamo, keep the NSA from spying, or rein in the drones
    - He has made America irrelevant

10+ Year Old Account
    - ObamaCare is a boondoggle
    - Obama failed to reform immigration
    - He withdrew prematurely from Iraq
    - He blew the Arab Spring
    - Obama ignored the threat of a resurgent Russian dictatorship
    - He didn’t shut down Guantanamo, keep the NSA from spying, or rein in the drones
    - He has made America irrelevant
    Which are apparently commentaries on his personal character. Lol.

Can you demonstrate how they were clearly not his fault?

Also, Trump did not say it in a locker room, he said it whilst being recorded. Not only that, but multiple women corroborated his boats of sexual assault. Let's not forget, he also admitted to barging in on naked underage beauty contestants, something that was also corroborated by others. If you like, we can also discuss his other actions, especially in regards to screwing over small business owners, and even private land owners.

Nah, it really does. If you're only respectful to women when the cameras are on, you're still an asshole.

Really, Trump has absolutely no redeeming qualities at all.
    A few qualities for you:

Donald Trump Quote – “Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make.”

- Decision Making

Donald Trump Quote – “You have to think anyway, so why not think big?”

- Confidence

Donald Trump Quote – “Show me someone without an ego, and I'll show you a loser.”

- Labor of Love

Trump Quote – “If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead, make your work more pleasurable.”

- Judge of Character