Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Elves falling for humans is complete fulfillment especially shown from knaak. The point being Half Elves are not a good thing, especially in WoW.
    Oh, that.

Well, the comment I replied to mentioned curbing the excessive xenophobia and portrayed half-elves as a result of this; I may have misunderstood which part you object to. Now with so many occasions of having had to fight together, it would only be reasonable that races learn to coexist. Half-elves... I guess it would nice to keep them rare in the lore, but I don't think they are inherently wrong. There had been half-elves going way back; Alodi was one, if I recall correctly.

Elves falling for humans is complete fulfillment especially shown from knaak. The point being Half Elves are not a good thing, especially in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

These are so incredibly rare that blizzard basically said they dont exist. (thankfully)
    They do exist, they're just an extreme rarity. I imagine most of them would be in Dalaran. Logically, the number of high elves (even if they're shown in large numbers) should be much smaller than the amount of humans.

I definitely think half-elves should be a human subrace if subraces ever become a thing. Roleplaying a half-elf was a great experience and actually playing one in-game would probably be equally fulfilling.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-07-25 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

These are so incredibly rare that blizzard basically said they dont exist. (thankfully)
    Blizzard never actually said that, and again, the Warcraft half-elves have nothing to do with Knaak in their origin. Blizzard was planning for the half-elves to have a significant presence in Warcraft III, way before any involvement from Knaak. Knaak only adopted this.

http://web.archive.org/web/200108131...s/ranger.shtml

These fearless Half-Elven women are masters of survival and wilderness exploration. Trained to hunt down renegade Orcs and Trolls in the wildlands of both Azeroth and Lordaeron, the Rangers are a force to be reckoned with. Being Half-Elven, the Rangers are often avoided by members of the High Elven stock. However, these crafty females make their home in the wilds and seldom feel the need for the distractions of camaraderie. Rangers are expert marksmen with the longbow and carry specially weighted bows and magically enhanced arrows.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Blizzard never actually said that, and again, the Warcraft half-elves have nothing to do with Knaak in their origin. Blizzard was planning for the half-elves to have a significant presence in Warcraft III, way before any involvement from Knaak. Knaak only adopted this.

http://web.archive.org/web/200108131...s/ranger.shtml

They state in s terry that they are so rare they didnt even come up with a lifespan for them. Half elves running around all over the place is a rpg book thing and not canon.

its from a tweet. https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/847671283407966208

using "they almost did" isn't an argument, if anything its because they realizes how stupid half elves are in fantasy.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-07-25 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Reji View Post
    You seriously say this after we had not one, but two mostly Horde-centric expantions?
    Honestly, if you call those Horde-centric, then I would gladly pay Blizzard double for the next few expansions if they become Alliance-centric. You know, Alliance leaders committing treason, Stormwind being ransacked, Alliancewrecker titles, the works. The people I've played Horde with since Vanilla are sick of Horde-centric being an excuse to shit all over the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    well they forget Rexxar, even in MOP, and only bring him to be a follower, i could not expect less from horde characters

who care about the damn annoying elf couple

Nazgrel is badass
    Wasnt there a whole quest chain dealing with Rexxar?

Deleted
    They state in s terry that they are so rare they didnt even come up with a lifespan for them. Half elves running around all over the place is a rpg book thing and not canon.

its from a tweet. https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/847671283407966208

using "they almost did" isn't an argument, if anything its because they realizes how stupid half elves are in fantasy.
    The point is it was not Knaak who came up with them, it was Blizzard, Knaak only adopted them. And the reason why this hero unit did not make it to the final game was because during the beta of Warcraft III, Blizzard had decided to trim down the number of hero units to three, and this unit got axed (same as Shadow Hunter, who returned with The Frozen Throne).

As for the tweet/video concerning half-breeds; he wasn't actually speaking of their numbers per se, but that they appear so rarely they don't have any lore established for them. For example, there was a whole tribe of Mok'Nathal, yet their only relevant appearance was through Rexxar, and as such, they did not really bother to develop them. Though that changed a bit with Chronicle Volume II.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Wasnt there a whole quest chain dealing with Rexxar?
    where? in mop? i dont remember

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    The point is it was not Knaak who came up with them, it was Blizzard, Knaak only adopted them. And the reason why this hero unit did not make it to the final game was because during the beta of Warcraft III, Blizzard had decided to trim down the number of hero units to three, and this unit got axed (same as Shadow Hunter, who returned with The Frozen Throne).
    And the half elf did not.

As for the tweet/video concerning half-breeds; he wasn't actually speaking of their numbers per se, but that they appear so rarely they don't have any lore established for them. For example, there was a whole tribe of Mok'Nathal, yet their only relevant appearance was through Rexxar, and as such, they did not really bother to develop them. Though that changed a bit with Chronicle Volume II.
    He flat out said they are so few they dont have lore with them. Which makes sense. The average lore does not have elves loving humans, aside from whatever mental disorder all three windrunner sisters have.

Mok'nathal aren't half elves, and they are pretty much all dead otherwise, but even then there is an actual village of them instead of the 3-4 half elves.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    where? in mop? i dont remember
    It was WOD I was thinking of wrong Xpac

Deleted
    And the half elf did not.
    So? That changes nothing about the point.

He flat out said they are so few they dont have lore with them. Which makes sense. The average lore does not have elves loving humans, aside from whatever mental disorder all three windrunner sisters have.
    Except there's also Alodi, who has nothing to do with the Windrunner sisters or Knaak.

Mok'nathal aren't half elves, and they are pretty much all dead otherwise, but even then there is an actual village of them instead of the 3-4 half elves.
    Yes, except he was talking about half-breeds in general, not just half-elves, therefore it is entirely reasonable to use them as an example of "he was talking about being rare in appearance, not actual numbers". Unless we treat "rare" as "not so common", in that case alright, he might have been talking about actual numbers, but then again, "not so common" is far from "non-existant". Redhead people are rare as in not so common, yet they still exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    So? That changes nothing about the point.
    The fact that they went back on their decision to introduce a shitty fantasy trope as a hero means alot.

Except there's also Alodi, who has nothing to do with the Windrunner sisters or Knaak.
    Alodi is dead and therefor isnt really and argument unless now its "playable ghost high elves!!!"

Yes, except he was talking about half-breeds in general, not just half-elves, therefore it is entirely reasonable to use them as an example of "he was talking about being rare in appearance, not actual numbers". Unless we treat "rare" as "not so common", in that case alright, he might have been talking about actual numbers, but then again, "not so common" is far from "non-existant". Redhead people are rare as in not so common, yet they still exist.
    An village of mok'nathal doesnt count as enough obviously. Three living high elves is going to do nothing. So yea, high elves pretty much are non existent, which is where they should stay. Atleast blizzard doesn't spend any effort on Vereesa's children, maybe they will forget about them just like she did.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Night elves, all variations of high elves and all the elves in general having more of the spotlight in WoW absolutely makes sense; having been around for much longer than the other races, they obviously have either more influence on Azeroth overall or have more knowledge of what transpired during times when the other races didn't know a tenth of what is going on. However, the Warcraft I like is a heavily faction-based Warcraft and there is plenty of stuff they can build around, circumventing this elven influence on the lore.
    Neither of which is particularly explored during the times that Silver Covenant gets coverage.

He literally said that elves have a multiple-millenia spanning presence on Azeroth, whereas all the other Horde races, save for tauren and trolls(super-small tribe), are either absolutely new races or are old races that never had much thinking put into them. Even the elves within the Horde have been dramatically changed to a point where they represent the largest group of a type of high elves in one place/faction.

If Lor'themar and his people are on Azeroth for an incredibly longer time than the orcs, isn't it obvious their lore will be more stablished than the orcs'?
    No? It's the amount and detail of lore that matters, not just a mention of a time period.

You're the dude with Grom's avatar here, calling someone salty while replying to their comment with an overly salty aura about yourself lol give it a break.
    "Why won't anyone agree with me that Forsaken are Hitler on the merit of them destroying trees QQ".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    The fact that they went back on their decision to introduce a shitty fantasy trope as a hero means alot.
    Alright. For the last time. Blizzard did not remove the hero unit out of this particular reason. That's extremely evident seeing how they introduced Alodi, let Knaak had his way with Rhonin's children (believe it or not, they could have vetoed it if they had wanted), introduced Arator, and finally, how Metzen himself crafted several artworks featuring half-elves.

Alodi is dead and therefor isnt really and argument unless now its "playable ghost high elves!!!"
    You really need to do something with your reading comprehension. At no point have I said that the half-elves should be playable. My only two points were that your "half-elves should not exist because they make no sense and are an invention of Knaak" is both hysterical and not grounded in reality at all, and that (which was a response to Atethecat, not you) a small number of half-elves or their descendants existing would not contradict lore, as there were high elves who lived in human lands, both Dalaran and other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright. For the last time. Blizzard did not remove the hero unit out of this particular reason. That's extremely evident seeing how they introduced Alodi, let Knaak had his way with Rhonin's children (believe it or not, they could have vetoed it if they had wanted), introduced Arator, and finally, how Metzen himself crafted several artworks featuring half-elves.
    and yet they never introduced this amazing hero class when they could have if they wanted too. There is a difference between a few half elves and there being cities full of them as some people desperately wish.

You really need to do something with your reading comprehension. At no point have I said that the half-elves should be playable. My only two points were that your "half-elves should not exist because they make no sense and are an invention of Knaak" is both hysterical and not grounded in reality at all, and that (which was a response to Atethecat, not you) a small number of half-elves or their descendants existing would not contradict lore, as there were high elves who lived in human lands, both Dalaran and other.
    The first half elves anyone is going to read about usually are the fulfillment of Knaak and his hot elf wife for his insert mage character, not that he invented them which you seem to think I was trying to say. Half elves shouldn't exsist because they are fucking terrible, but that is a different point.

a small number of half-elves or their descendants existing would not contradict lore, as there were high elves who lived in human lands, both Dalaran and other.
    anything other than a few is pushing it, considering the mass majority of High elves do not have a last name of Windrunner.
    Holy shit lol

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    Didn't we just had an expansion filled with Orcs and their great heroes and families and friends and WHARHRHR SMASH, HONOR, AXE, WRARHARR? And the expansion before that was driven by Orcs again? Or maybe pushing the Orc boar faces everywhere isn't as popular and cool as you might think in the end.
    Spend an entire expansion plotting against orcs then laying siege to the orc capital then going to a time travel planet to genocide orcs.

Nothing but two Alliance brown nose expansions and Legion's ElfxDraenei love fest isn't helping.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is nazgrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Who is nazgrel?
    Old quest giver in Hellfire during TBC. Orc with wolf head and ugly axe.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    Old quest giver in Hellfire during TBC. Orc with wolf head and ugly axe.
    Hmm, was he the horde questgiver in Thrallmar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Hmm, was he the horde questgiver in Thrallmar?
    Yes, he was Nazgrim before Nazgrim in positions of power.
    Holy shit lol