Fist Retribution
    Smite Disc Priest
    Mortal Strike / Bloodthirst Warrior Tank

Wrath:
    Balance Druid

Cata:
    Prot Warrior

Deleted
    TBC Survival Hunters.. I miss the days of unique classes and specs.

-2 handed shammys (pre-BC) for PvP.
    -Shammys offtanking with shield (offtank UBRS when it was raid!!!!).

P.D: Looking at how many warlocks loved the concept of transforming them in to a Nathrezim, maybe it's time to give them a new tripeA perma-pet.
    No disrespect for doomlords/infernals, but it's time to summon Pit Lords/Nathrezim/Eredar and chain them to your will (or recieve the same fate of their master).

WoD and MoP demo
    MoP fury and arms
    Every hunter spec
    Combat rogue
    Frost dk

10+ Year Old Account
    PoM + Pyro mages from vanilla before resilience was a thing lol :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Basically all warlock specs.

I also preferred the pre-legion BrM to this.

In fact i don't think any specs got better with legion, they butchered most of them.

Deleted
    Cata SP (at least until DS)
    Cata Balance
    MoP warlock (all specs)

vanilla warlock was also awesome Seduction - CoE - Soul Fire - Shadowburn

Duel wield unholy in the start of cata. It had the flow of frost and better, and it also hit really damn hard lol like it was so strong they nerfed it to the ground and removed unholys capability to duel wield.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Shockadin.
    This a thousand times.

Deleted
    I think we shuold change the thread title in:

"What is the most OP, bugged, nosense build that's been killed by Blizzard"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I think we shuold change the thread title in:

"What is the most OP, bugged, nosense build that's been killed by Blizzard"
    Mists fury wasn't op or bugged and it's the best spec ever to play in this game.

Cata Arms and Prot Warriors, Wod Blood DKS, Wod Brewmasters

10+ Year Old Account
    Reck bomb during classic.

Though I'm not sure if you can consider it a build, but it was fun in certain situations and before it was killed due to Kazzak being 1 shot.

A rogue would come up behind you and do its thing, then you'd turn around and hit him 5 times in a second as it laid there after dying in a pool of confusion.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

To me, it was the DK when they first launched.

There was a time, when you could tank or dps with all three specs. They were also beast in pvp.

I know it wasn't balanced the best, but I really liked the idea that the role was determined- not by spec but by the selection of talents.

I would like to see at least one class like that, something that works a little different from the cookie cutter approach.

Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
    What was cool about it?
    Easily MoP demo lock. You could glyph so metamorphosis turned you into a tank and it was amazing to play. I got gold tank PG with it in MoP and it was shit hard but fun as hell.

Here's a video of ex Method player Sparkuggz making it look easy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq6Bl-JDkZs

It was fucking hard and anyone saying otherwise is a liar. The average player in an actual tank spec would have trouble with gold PG. So much so that silver was the only requirement to enter hc dungeons in WoD.

He did a few Challenge Modes as well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXPA...GT5QYWV-7Wlkvj

There were very few guides as it wasn't a full tank spec. It didn't have crit immunity for example and you still had cloth armor. Involved a lot of kiting and control of adds. You couldn't face tank much without a healer. Other tanks in MoP also had 'Vengeance', a mechanic involving a stacking buff that would allow them to do more damage based on damage taken, which could be cheesed by taking massive amounts of damage on purpose and using defensives at precise moments so that you wouldn't die. The game would register that you took more damage than you did and you'd do insane damage. For classes like DKs damage done = self healing. Warlocks didn't have this.

From gamepedia.com -
    The Mists of Pandaria expansion introduced the [Glyph of Demon Hunting], granting a Demonology warlock a new form with increased survivability. In [Dark Apotheosis], the warlock gains:

10% physical damage reduction
    15% magic damage reduction
    a [Twilight Ward] that absorbs all schools of magic (instead of just Shadow and Holy)
    a Taunt-like ability
    Like a traditional tank, Dark Apotheosis possesses many damage-mitigation qualities and the ability to keep aggro from other party members. Unlike designated tanks, warlock tanks are still missing protection from critical hits.

Though this glyph initially hinted at the viability of warlocks as "true" tanks, Lead Designer Ghostcrawler quickly quelled the community's requests to queue as tanks for LFD and LFR -

*Ghostcrawler*
    "Just to make our intent clear, the Glyph of Demon Hunting isn't intended to turn Demonology warlocks into a tanking spec. You won't be able to queue as a tank for Dungeon Finder for instance and won't have the survivability or tools of say a Protection paladin.
    Historically, warlocks felt tankier than other casters and could even off-tank some encounters. We have made an effort in Mists to recapture some of that flavor. A warlock with this glyph should feel like they are about as effective tanking as an Arms warrior who pulls out a shield and swaps to Defensive Stance, or a Feral druid who goes into Bear form. You might be able to off-tank adds or pick up an actual boss for a short period of time if the tank goes down.

To make warlocks an actual tank would take more significant changes. For example, we want tanks to have to pick up separate tanking gear than their DPS gear (this is even true of druids) and want tanks to have to give up some of their DPS potential in exchange for their survivability. In short, it needs to be a commitment, and that's the sort of thing that needs larger gameplay changes than just a glyph.
    View original post

Despite Blizzard's attempts to dismiss warlock tanking as little more than a fun option with which Demonology warlocks could play around, there have been many reports of Dark Apotheosis warlocks tanking heroic instances and even raids (see video section). On the other hand, the relative difficulty of maintaining enough fury to avoid spike damage compared to using a Voidlord makes it highly situational, and pet tanking is still an important part of a warlock's PvE arsenal."

Shame because people have been asking for ranged/warlock tanks for years (they would be used to tank some niche mechanics in TBC) and this was seen at the time as Blizzard finally making steps towards it being a thing.
    Last edited by Jyggalag; 2017-07-25 at 03:33 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Explosive Shot Survival Hunter. RIP

cata fire mage

5+ Year Old Account
    Pre-Legion Sub Rogue. The class was more complex, ultimately more fun to play with, and was in all real terms, an absolute beast in the DPS pools. Whilst 7.2.5 has made some substantial changes, that see the class out-DPS Outlaw etc. it just is so simplistic and simply is not fun to play.

WotLK Balance Druid. Fun, not too complicated, but required focus for good DPS and effective raiding - also just a very lore intensive class. Legion has completely decimated the fun in the class I think - tho the DPS is intense.

All Warlock specs. Demonology is quite fun now, but Affliction is boring now, and Destro just isn't what it was in WotLK, Cata or Mists.

Can't comment on any classes from WoD - Never played it.

Poq'yith mazzka awan ki uhnish'philfgsh

Wrath/Cata/Mists all had fun classes and builds.
    Wrath Ret and all 3 DK specs were great fun/
    MoP overall seemed to really care about how fun a class was to play. My warlock in Mists was the most fun I've had on him. Though I did really enjoy Cata lock. WoD started to do a little bit of pruning but most of the classes still felt pretty good/fun to play. Legion ruined so much I have a hard time enjoying any of the classes for more then a few days of play time before I level another class. I have never had this problem in any other expo.