Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    More like the audacity that sexism exists in the sense of alimony payments still. How often do men get alimony? Almost never.
    In this entire article, there is one mention of alimony, and that is in an image caption. Nothing in the writing states that she even wants alimony, the entire article is about their separation of assets.

Explain why she deserves 10 million.
    Because the two of them had a contract that states that they share all of their assets. Which means in a separation or divorce everyone gets half. If you disagree with the terms of a contract, don't enter. There is no renegotiating at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a classic case of self-destructive stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    In this entire article, there is one mention of alimony, and that is in an image caption. Nothing in the writing states that she even wants alimony, the entire article is about their separation of assets.

Because the two of them had a contract that states that they share all of their assets. Which means in a separation or divorce everyone gets half. If you disagree with the terms of a contract, don't enter. There is no renegotiating at the end.
    It is alimony. Call it what you want, but it is alimony.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Same benefits he reaped, 50/50.
    Ok so why does she get money after the fact? She should have invested instead of buying lavish things.

They should make a law that says that no one can get married without a prenuptial agreement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Typically a spouse may give up a career or not start one to handle other family matters, such as raising kids or taking care of the house or whatever. Essentially, it's paying for her wasting her time and thinking she mattered to the guy.

She never intended to take half his shit. I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    It sounded like she contributed a lot to the success of his company.
    You have to forgive Orlong. He's MMO-Champion's resident corporate bootlicker. You put the word 'Businessman' in front of someone's name and they become the Messiah who can do no wrong to him, so obviously the fault lay with the other party.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so why does she get money after the fact? She should have invested instead of buying lavish things.
    The splitting of assets is not alimony.

If she invested anything, HE would be entitled to half of it, so I'm not sure that your argument makes any sense whatsoever.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Alimony is something you pay every month to support the lifestyle someone was accustomed to. I get the argument against that in an equal society, even though I don't completely agree with it. Alimony also is largely at the judges discretion.

On the other hand, after a divorce both parties have a right to part of the shared assets. Rights to exactly half of it, if not stated otherwise. How else would you want to handle that? Most couples (especially in that age range) don't even have separate accounts.

If he's willing to do the time to prevent her getting the cash, I don't see the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god for prenuptial agreements

So, marriage is not that great after all, eh Tenissace?
    Can you make $10m? Thought so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    If he's willing to do the time to prevent her getting the cash, I don't see the problem.
    He still has to pay up, or he goes back to prison. Basically, the jail time is for contempt of court because he's repeatedly refused to obey a court order, and if he doesn't pay up when he gets out in August, back in the slammer he goes.

How much of your money are you willing to allow me keep as long as I stay in jail?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Deleted
    Yeah, sounds like a really smart plan. Going to prison for contempt of the court to evade a judgement against you. Will probably pay off really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sounds like a really smart plan. Going to prison for contempt of the court to evade a judgement against you. Will probably pay off really well.
    Not just that, but while imprisoned he can't really do his job, meaning he could lose his position in the company and lose the contacts he'd made depending on how long he stays in prison and continues to disobey the court. Nothing's stopping the judge from simply chaining back-to-back prison sentences for contempt of court when he repeatedly refuses to follow a court order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    \10chat, as dirty as it feels to post in a tennistroll thread.
    I know right Trilliax has a couple words he likes to yell when he see a Tenn post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    They should make a law that says that no one can get married without a prenuptial agreement.
    Actually people should just have a better understanding of their partner before they get married. Also if a divorce does occur men and women alike shouldn't just roll over and agree to all the terms their former spouse puts down just to speed along the divorce proceedings. Men in general have a nasty issue with just giving up and letting their ex-wife take everything instead of actually fighting for it.

Also there's always a reason involving 2 people that a divorce happens. People on this forum are so quick to blame the woman getting half even if her former husband was abusive and/or constantly cheating on her. It's literally saying that a man can do whatever he wants and if a woman chooses to leave him and gets what is lawfully hers in court she's the one being selfish.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    There isn't a lot of point in discussing this stuff with wizards.
    The argumentative law-informed part of me wants to, but the internet-informed side of me says "naaaaah"

Dude shouldn't have destroyed his marriage and betrayed his wife if he didn't want to get divorced and divide the assets.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    I hope in future women are able to get some better jobs, so they will have to pay on divorces. Till they are not up there marriage seems to make no sense. But on that side... dominating good jobs and not getting married seems still the best outcome as a male!

Didn't say it was smart. Boyo had two options in front of him. He hated his wife enough to turn left when most people would've grumbled and turned right.

Stupid, but his choice, and he's eating the consequences of his choice. Can't ask for more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    $10 million for 6 months in jail? where do I sign?
    Honestly. He kept his money and only had to do 6 months. Shit that's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk