Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    This is Horse Shit.

The man attacked the woman, the woman won the struggle for the gun, the man yelled "don't fucking shoot" to try continuing his attempt to murder her at her obedience, the women fired away in self defense, and sustained an head injury defending herself.

now she's going to jail for being a victim? Fuck this shit, fuck that ass parrot shit.
    Were you there? The defense could have used your testimony.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I read about this the other day and almost made a thread about it.

Deleted
    lol, unbelievable

There's no goddamn way this is real. A parrot cannot be a witness nor can it be considered a recording device.

We took in a 7 year old conure from some other people. All it managed to mimic is the fucking smoke alarm. Still a fun bird when she isn't splitting my eardrums.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    http://time.com/4866467/parrot-murde...man-convicted/

http://people.com/crime/michigan-wom...victims-voice/

A Michigan woman was convicted on Wednesday of murdering her husband in a case that became famous because the husband’s pet parrot repeated his pleas for mercy.

Glenna Duram, 49, was found guilty of murdering her husband Martin Duram, 46, the Associated Press reports. He was shot five times in May 2015. Glenna was found in their home with a head wound in what prosecutors said was a suicide attempt, according to the AP.

Martin’s ex-wife, Christina Keller, told the AP that after Martin’s murder, the pet parrot, Bud, repeated, “don’t f—ing shoot” in his voice. Keller took ownership of Bud after Martin’s death.

Keller told Wood TV in 2016 that the African gray parrot often repeated the phrase in Martin’s voice and mimicked an argument between two people, who sounded like Martin and Glenna Duram.

Police originally believed Glenna was a victim in the incident, but became a suspect partly on testimony from the parrot.
    Reminds me of this part in this book called Next by Michael Crichton. The book is about genetics and genetic manipulation. This genetics lab breeds a grey parrot which are already pretty intelligent for a bird. They breed it with some genetic manipulation giving it some human genes. It ends up being a really smart parrot. The wife is the one who works in the lab the bred it. The parrot repeats stuff it heard concerning the husband cheating on the wife. It was pretty funny. The parrot would help their child with his math homework.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I swear you couldn't even make shit up like this.

How do they know it was the man saying don't fucking shoot? How can we even trust a parrot in the first place, lol...

you sure can
    Last edited by mmoc405f7ecfbf; 2017-07-25 at 04:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe 88 View Post

you sure can
    lol you beat me to it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldemorter View Post
    how do they know the parrot didn't pick this up from hearing it on a TV? my neighbor had african grey and it mimicked pretty much everything he heard. his three favorite things were: dudes ring tone, bridge on the river kwai theme, and his wife calling him an idiot
    Because, according to the report, The parrot mimicked the dead husbands voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemorter View Post
    how do they know the parrot didn't pick this up from hearing it on a TV? my neighbor had african grey and it mimicked pretty much everything he heard [...] his wife calling him an idiot

So then you would know that they can mimic the person's voice, not just repeat the words.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's bullshit, but I believe it.