Poll: Would buy and play this "leaked" expansion if it ends up being true?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Tinker is close to the most requested class but it's definitely not right behind the DH.

It was always
    1. DH
    2. Warden (Which is now invalid)
    3. Necromancer
    4. Tinker
    Pretty sure a Dark Ranger still beats Tinkers by 10:1 when the entire community would vote...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Yes, but we seem to be actually getting one this time.

As for the Tinkerer concept in the leak, the fact that it was being considered with only 2 specs, and melee actually gives it an air of validity. Not a single fan-made concept envisioned the Tinkerer that way.
    Well, I could leak you an entire South Seas expansion with Tinker as a class as well... this "leak" is 90% bs and 10% right guessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Tinker is close to the most requested class but it's definitely not right behind the DH.

It was always
    1. DH
    2. Warden (Which is now invalid)
    3. Necromancer
    4. Tinker
    The Tinker actually beat out the Necromancer by a sizable margin in a previous poll;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...should-be-next

So I'm not sure about that ranking.

Yes, but we seem to be actually getting one this time.
    I am pretty sure the same thing has been said about the previous "leaks".

Deleted
    Naga as a neutral race, and the Tinker being reduced to 2 specs, one of them being melee DPS isnt wish list material.
    Old zones revamped
    Playable naga
    Tinker class
    Housing
    new battleground
    new arena

Please tell me more about how this isn't a wishlist

What about Gazlowe and Mekkatorque? Those are major lore characters.
    We already discussed this. They may be "major" lore characters but still bottom tier when it comes to that. They are nowhere near Malfurion, Illidan, Tyrande, Velen, Sylvannas, Jaina, Khadgar or anybody else that has some kind of a prominent role. I'd say even unknown but more stylistic characters are much more popular than those two which are very unpopular and mostly pretty useless (as they never played a decisive role).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-25 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They've NEVER played a major role in the game. Ever. Never will. Death Knights, Demon Hunters had major leading characters in the game lore wise. Goblins and gnomes are by far the least played races, according to server stats. Engineer is one of the least taken professions. You're really, really, really reaching. Where is this wonderland you're talking about? It doesn't exist....
    That's not a very good argument when Monks are a thing and Pandaren... well.. were practically nonexistant before MoP but thematically it fit well. But really with the way the story is going I just can't see tinkers being added for the sake of it. All the classes added have fit the theme of the expansion. How the hell would Tinkers fit with Nagas and Void shenanigans without shoehorning it in with some lame excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    P

Well, I could leak you an entire South Seas expansion with Tinker as a class as well... this "leak" is 90% bs and 10% right guessing.
    And I could assure you that the Tinker idea would be more than 2 races, 2 specs, and be melee DPS and tanking. Fan-made concepts are way more wild than that.

- - - Updated - - -

We already discussed this. They may be "major" lore characters but still bottom tier when it comes to that. They are nowhere near Malfurion, Illidan, Tyrande, Velen, Sylvannas, Jaina, Khadgar or anybody else that has some kind of a prominent role. I'd say even unknown but "cooler" characters are much more popular than those two which are very unpopular and mostly pretty useless (as they never played a decisive role).
    The person I was quoting said that there were NO major lore characters. I was just trying to point out his error, I wasn't trying to have a pissing contest about which various WC lore characters are more "cool".

And I could assure you that the Tinker idea would be more than 2 races, 2 specs, and be melee DPS and tanking. Fan-made concepts are way more wild than that.

- - - Updated - - -

The person I was quoting said that there were NO major lore characters. I was just trying to point out his error, I wasn't trying to have a pissing contest about which various WC lore characters are more "cool".
    And that's a reason why this leak could be "real"?

Don't get me on that "cooler", I didn't know what I wanted to write and wrote a grammatical mess which I already edited lol.

If they're really adding a new class next expansion, it better be a ranged DPS one. I'm tired of them just piling up more and more melee classes, they even converted a ranged spec to melee in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Old zones revamped
    Playable naga
    Tinker class
    Housing
    new battleground
    new arena

The answer to that question is in the post you quoted. I have never seen anyone request Naga as a neutral race, and I have never seen a Tinker fan-made concept where the DPS spec is melee and the class is only 2 specs. If this were a wishlist you'd be seeing Naga with Ogre playable races, and a 4 spec Tinker class with a 2 ranged DPS specs, and a healing spec, that somehow includes Draenei technology.

Jesus christ why do so many fucking morons believe in this leak? That name is enough to INSTANTLY dismiss it as a POOR bullshit attempt.

- - - Updated - - -

The answer to that question is in the post you quoted. I have never seen anyone request Naga as a neutral race, and I have never seen a Tinker fan-made concept where the DPS spec is melee and the class is only 2 specs. If this were a wishlist you'd be seeing Naga with Ogre playable races, and a 4 spec Tinker class with a 2 ranged DPS specs, and a healing spec, that somehow includes Draenei technology.
    Yes because there's not a single logical person in the world who would have a wishlist that makes any sense. Are you for real?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Jesus christ why do so many fucking morons believe in this leak? That name is enough to INSTANTLY dismiss it as a POOR bullshit attempt.
    Well its not like "World of Warcraft: Legion", was that great of a title.

Because Goblins and Gnomes have had very little spotlight in the game. That's actually a very good reason why there should be a class or an expansion that adds to their lore.

What about Gazlowe and Mekkatorque? Those are major lore characters.
    Biggest problems is that Gnomes and Goblins are B-tier at best in terms of popularity.

There's quite a few factors that make it difficult to put them in the forefront of an expansion. They simply can't and won't lead an expansion the way Death Knights and Demon Hunters.

There is no expansion theme they would be leaders in that isn't going to be some whimsical robo-invasion. Even in the Rise of Naga leaks, it's mentioned that Tinkers are still being considered but not solid because of their lack of relevance to the expansion theme. At most, they will be seen as participants in the war, not as strong leaders that are necessary to push forward. It's going to take a lot of creative leniency to properly write in a way they would be needed that isn't completely shoehorned in like 'Oh look Naga are using high tech that only the Gnomes and Goblins can destroy!'

On top of that, even if they were able to put Gnomes and Goblins at the front and center, it doesn't mean it will immediately be accepted by the public. Pandaria was a clear indicator of that, and it's a real worry for Blizzard knowing this is a 2-year cycle focused on these races/characters. At best, we will have an expansion where Tinkers are simply present in, but not pushing the story the way Death Knights and Demon Hunters have been portrayed as. There's simply no deep connection between Gnomes and Goblins and any external enemy other than... themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    and here we go again with these Leaks. Highly doubt naga will ever me a race due to the fact the tail causes to many problems, It would have to be a Subspeices of naga with legs. Plus highly doubt we would get a new class so soon after DH
    I don't understand why the tail would cause issues? Sure their boot slot would be different, but so is it for some other races too. I think the biggest issue would be how they sit when mounted. However for all we know there could be legged nagas, similar to the boss in Tomb of Sargeras but smaller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure a Dark Ranger still beats Tinkers by 10:1 when the entire community would vote...

- - - Updated - - -

Dark Rangers dont make any sense. We already have a hunter which fills the ranged bow / gun using class fantasy just fine. Dark ranger is just another name for Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Biggest problems is that Gnomes and Goblins are B-tier at best in terms of popularity.

There's quite a few factors that make it difficult to put them in the forefront of an expansion. They simply can't and won't lead an expansion the way Death Knights and Demon Hunters.

There is no expansion theme they would be leaders in that isn't going to be some whimsical robo-invasion. Even in the Rise of Naga leaks, it's mentioned that Tinkers are still being considered but not solid because of their lack of relevance to the expansion theme. At most, they will be seen as participants in the war, not as strong leaders that are necessary to push forward. It's going to take a lot of creative leniency to properly write in a way they would be needed that isn't completely shoehorned in like 'Oh look Naga are using high tech that only the Gnomes and Goblins can destroy!'

On top of that, even if they were able to put Gnomes and Goblins at the front and center, it doesn't mean it will immediately be accepted by the public. Pandaria was a clear indicator of that, and it's a real worry for Blizzard knowing this is a 2-year cycle focused on these races/characters. At best, we will have an expansion where Tinkers are simply present in, but not pushing the story the way Death Knights and Demon Hunters have been portrayed as. There's simply no deep connection between Gnomes and Goblins and any external enemy other than... themselves.
    I agree with all of that. I was just saying that Goblins and Gnomes should get more lore, and an opportunity to shine in an expansion. I certainly doubt Blizzard would ever produce an expansion focusing on Goblin and Gnomes, but I could definitely see them being strong supporting characters in an expansion about something else.

I would honestly compare a Tinker inclusion to the Monk inclusion (though Monks clearly fit a Pandaria theme better than a Tinker class would fit in a Naga/Azshara expansion).

Deleted
    Correction: This reads as someone's wishlist. If this were my wishlist it would include Draenor revamped into a bigass sign readin: Tinker won't happen ever.

At any rate this "leak" is definitely bogus. If anything at all turns out to be true about this leak it will be a monkey and typewriters kind of situation.

Correction: This reads as someone's wishlist. If this were my wishlist it would include Draenor revamped into a bigass sign readin: Tinker won't happen ever.

At any rate this "leak" is definitely bogus. If anything at all turns out to be true about this leak it will be a monkey and typewriters kind of situation.
    Like I said, the theme is correct, so there's a very good chance that other aspects of this leak are also true.

As for the Tinker class, never say never.
    Last edited by Rhamses; 2017-07-25 at 05:22 PM.

Old zones revamped
    Playable naga
    Tinker class
    Housing
    new battleground
    new arena

We already got old zone revamp in Cata. Players hated it because it took development time away from the rest of the expac, and we had a bunch of content cut. (including an entire fucking raid) That and, Blizz is not going to spend a fuckton of time revamping the old zones AGAIN while simultaneously offering paid level boosts that let you skip over all of it.

We already got player housing and it sucked ass because it was instanced and really not very customizable at all.

Naga will not be playable since they are not fully humanoid like the other races.

Naga (Neutral) A splinter faction of Naga unwilling to succumb the Old God's whispers defect from Azshara's ranks and choose to either join the Horde or Alliance
    Nope. I'm sorry but you'll have to come up with a better excuse for Naga not serving their queen who they've been serving for the past 10k years under the sea.

I'm still waiting for my Ogres, who are officially members of the Hore so why dfaq can't they be playable??