Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    It's actually an interesting concept that Elune could potentially encompass not only the moon but the sun also, but if so, her name must be changed because Elune clearly comes from "lunar", or "moon" and that doesn't fit one bit.

Also a detracting notion from this theory is if Elune is indeed the Light why didn't she use the sun in the first place as opposed to the moon? the sun is clearly more powerful not just by real life standards, but it is also the sun which gives daylight in WoW - the moon being a lone source of waning Light in the night.

A much more believable theory is that Elune is some sort of guardian to Azeroth a being greater than even the naaru and Xe'ra being created by her falls into place. She is strong but must not be the PRIMARY source of Light everyone thinks her to be at the moment:

HERE is the twist:

In an upcoming expansion we will be facing the true threat to this world to which demons pale in comparison: the Void.
    I can see a true sun god being introduced in that expansion which will deal with this who created an even stronger prime naaru, and possibly even stronger titans.
    We will recognize the sun as the source of light in nature and high elves are being set up by the moment with Alleria to take their sun worship to a newer level, actually facing their hitherto symbolic deity as a real one.
    Well it might be because the Moon is actually closer to Azeroth? She could actually be something like a Sun and uses the Moon as something to reflect or amplify her magic/power through it? Would explain the whole Eclipse business that popped up in the cinematic and why Balance Druids can use there new New Moon, Half Moon and Full Moon spell.

As for her name sake, we call her Elune but that might be a name we've given her? If you put timeline into play we know that safely Night Elves acknowledged her 10,000 years ago. Elune came across as something simpler to help with understanding thus that easy assumption became common knowledge and Elune stuck with it?

I reckon Elune is Azeroth's Guardian, though the Titans themselves have not really involved Elune openly to say she is part of them. We only can judge based on that Tear of Elune pillar of creation that there is some connection really.

As for being a prime Light candidate - it's honestly hard to say, I don't really say she is as high ranking as that. She can probably use both Light and Arcane magic in her arsenal as much as Sargeras can use Arcane and Fel really. But they've still kept both Elune and Naaru as enigmatic entities. But at the same time, thrown something in that has such a colossal backlash that it's a bit weird to throw that curveball into the mix to begin with.
    She has a sentience to at least mate with Malorne to create Cenarius, Elune is real in that regard, we then can assume that she is humanoid like Titans because Malorne being a stag wouldn't be able to procreate a child with that humanity and stag mixture. Overall, it still throws more questions than ever before and that's before the mic drop of Elune being able to harness enough ability to make a Naaru.

Like I said what's weird about it all is the fact that Moonkin being Elune's champions and Balance spec has references to Elune while other's do not. Even their spells have Solar and Lunar qualities though you can forsake as just gameplay whimsy, it doesn't make sense to include it still if the direction is going another way either. It would be like not removing Metamorphosis from Demonology Warlocks while letting Demon Hunters have it too, yet Demonology is stepping away from that intended fusion and gifting it to Demon Hunters.
    They made the effort to keep it and added to it even, by giving the Artifact to Balance as Scythe of Elune. Relating it to things like the Wolf tribulations too.

The sun hasn't been really acknowledged so I'm not sure that will suddenly appear out of nowhere. If it was then they would relate it to the Naaru of some kind since they are from the Chronicles - beings of Pure Light and they haven't. I mean they could but throughout the game I've never really come across the whole "Sun gives us day" or anything Sun at all.

I so follow your thought of things being built up but I reckon Elune is being built up to be something of importance to combat the Void, if the Void is as terrifying as it is... then what that Orc said on Broken Shore is true... We will have a huge fight that includes Azeroth, PC's, Sargeras, Titans, Elune and maybe more to come to face the Void Lords. With all those allies it will truly establish what a real threat the Void Lords actually are because the whole parts of the universe is trying to combat the Void.

Also as for Alleria, that was out of the blue. She's been stuck off Azeroth forever and I don't think High Elves will come into game or they would have with Quel'Thalas by now. And... I don't think she will be a sun worshipper... She will be the opposite actually. And that's not trying to spoil 7.3 for you. If you do then: Alleria becomes one with the Void, she gets a Void form and is scorned by Xe'ra for doing even if it saved that Naaru, so yeah you won't be getting your Sun worship or deity that way sorry.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-25 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Taurens worship the Earth Mother (Sun is meant to be one eye of hers) and Trolls worship Loa.
    The An'she believe of the Tauren seers is closer to the Church of the Holy Light. The Loas are Wild Gods, powerful primal beings. None is actually revered like the Night Elves with Elune.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We go to the world where her soul has been hidden for all this time and defend her from the Paraxis (which we assume is some kind of Legion vehicle/invasion force) I still think our best bet on finding out what Elune is, is to actually make an effort to visit the actual moon!

- - - Updated - - -

I mean in D&D creatures and environments of pure positive energy either blind you or heal you to bursting (you literally burst from too much positive energy that your body can no longer contain).
    I absolutely agree we will have to visit the Moon to do so though it's kinda weird we haven't yet despite out of all the cosmology, the Moon is quite literally the closest thing to us!

Let's visit distant planets and far off reaches of outer space but sod the Moon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    It would be hard to say and pretty much a guessing game. We really don't know why Elune is close to Azeroth really either, because if Elune is as special as the Night Elves claim what does she see in Azeroth?
    "What does she see in him" - every reject's mantra.
    Well, something she clearly does not see in you.
    A World Soul maybe? Sargy boi seems all heated up about it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The An'she believe of the Tauren seers is closer to the Church of the Holy Light. The Loas are Wild Gods, powerful primal beings. None is actually revered like the Night Elves with Elune.
    Some loas are wild gods. Some are not. Loa is a very all-encompassing term for the trolls.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-07-25 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    "What does she see in him" - every reject's mantra.
    Well, something she clearly does not see in you.
    A World Soul maybe? Sargy boi seems all heated up about it as well.
    Right...? Not sure what the point of that exercise was. Though the question is pretty much the premise of what I was getting at... the lack of explanation, which is what's present in the lore for Elune.
    I've said to others that have missed it... We know Sargeras and Burning Legions' agenda to purge everything or well, even might be something similar to what he's up to in 7.3 so I won't divulge. Void lords want to corrupt everything. Titans want to continue with their vision of ordering and use Azeroth as part of their team as it is the last and strongest of all the Titans. Elune doesn't appear to be a Naaru and more Humanoid thanks to Cenarius and Malorne.
    Elune has no known 100% foolproof established alignment to any of them to concur that her desires fit others aforementioned, all we can see is a Pillar of Creation is a Titan relic, Elune is adorned by Night Elves and for years a form of religious sway that was also in Mu'sha for Taurens. Elune has had a relationship that created Cenarius and other little tid bits but as a whole, it's not a lot of an arc of story and development like the Titans have under gone.

Elune obviously desires to keep Azeroth's wellbeing intact but we have no known actual purpose.

We can't assign one to it because we have no known affiliation with ones we do know. Get it?
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-25 at 01:11 PM.

Imagine Elune is actually a purified old god who does her business from up above cause the earth is full of old god corruption. She is kinda anti old-god and trying to protect azeroth from their corruption. Just a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    Imagine Elune is actually a purified old god who does her business from up above cause the earth is full of old god corruption. She is kinda anti old-god and trying to protect azeroth from their corruption. Just a theory.
    That could be fun.

Deleted
    The Blue Child is Cenarius... D'uh.

The Blue Child was, according to tauren myth, said to have been set upon the sky by the Earth-mother to honour Cenarius, child of Mu'sha and the White Stag (Malorne)

The white mother and the blue child. I mean it's kinda obvious when you think about it.

Elune is no moon, she's a space station.

Elune is just the reflection of the Azerothian world soul.
    The Night Elves first learned of Elune when they communed with the Well of Eternity. Before the Night Elves were Elves, when they were still trolls, they believed that Elune lived within the well. And we are aware that the Well of Eternity was an open wound in Azeroth.

Also, every Pillar is connected to a titan. The only one that we never understood was the Tears. Everything points to this. I bet that's going to be Blizzard's explanation for Elune.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    If Elune is a manifestation of the Light, then one has to wonder: is azeroths world soul "corrupted" by the Light? And is that just as bad as being corrupted by shadow? Is dark/light a yin/yang situation in wow?

Elune is Azeroth's world soul. Calling it

Deleted
    All these millenias we were raising our hands to the sky and sent our prayers to the moon whereas we could as well touch the ground and entrust our hopes to the soul inside our land.

Seems like a bad writting equal to blizzards.
    Anyways what we do know is that both Malorne and Aviana when wished to pay a visit to Elune or w/e her avatar is they were flying towards the moon.
    And X'era can have the same connection with her as Cenarius. Not an artificial creation...

Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    I think this may be the direction they are moving toward with Elune and the Void/Void Lords/Old Gods etc. Since Chronicle describes the Old Gods as a cancerous physical manifestation of the Void Lords power in the Universe (they can't fully manifest but they can spread their tendrilly voidness out by seeding worlds with what devlop into Old Gods) I would not be at all surprised if Elune is a physical manifestation of the Light in the exact polar opposite to the Void's Old Gods. Is it any coincidence in Val'Sharah she manifests as tendrils/tentacles emanating from the moon?
    My only contradiction with your theory is I think Elune is naturally such a Light manifestation rather than a purified Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    All these millenias we were raising our hands to the sky and sent our prayers to the moon whereas we could as well touch the ground and entrust our hopes to the soul inside our land.

Seems like a bad writting equal to blizzards.
    Anyways what we do know is that both Malorne and Aviana when wished to pay a visit to Elune or w/e her avatar is they were flying towards the moon.
    And X'era can have the same connection with her as Cenarius. Not an artificial creation...
    You are assuming that the world soul is living inside the world as if the Azerothian crust is an eggshell and the world soul is living inside it. That's wrong. Azeroth IS the titan. In the Titans description in Chronicles it's explained that they are living planets with rivers and mountains on their skins. That's why when Aman'thul killed Y'shaarj it wounded Azeroth deeply.

Also, it's not bad writing. The Night Elves were the first to relate Elune to the moon. They were cavern dwelling trolls and that lived an nocturnal lifestyle, it's obvious they would worship the moon. The Tauren were day dwellers and worshipped the sun. It's actually quite logical that nocturnal creatures would turn their eyes to the moon.

Also, the tauren calls the moons the "eyes" of the "Earth Mother". This could also be a hint that the moons are part of something greater, maybe they were part of Azeroth during it's formation.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    You are assuming that the world soul is living inside the world as if the Azerothian crust is an eggshell and the world soul is living inside it. That's wrong. Azeroth IS the titan. In the Titans description in Chronicles it's explained that they are living planets with rivers and mountains on their skins. That's why when Aman'thul killed Y'shaarj it wounded Azeroth deeply.

Also, it's not bad writing. The Night Elves were the first to relate Elune to the moon. They were cavern dwelling trolls and that lived an nocturnal lifestyle, it's obvious they would worship the moon. The Tauren were day dwellers and worshipped the sun. It's actually quite logical that nocturnal creatures would turn their eyes to the moon.

Also, the tauren calls the moons the "eyes" of the "Earth Mother". This could also be a hint that the moons are part of something greater, maybe they were part of Azeroth during it's formation.
    soul of our land" then.
    Aviana's and Malorne's flights would need a different explanation than meeting with Elune (whats the reason for all that flying to meet her if they could just stay on the surface.
    Anyways the true nature of Elune is a mystery : she looks more comfortable in meddling with nature forces (wild gods,druids etc) but she gives also light powers (or at least thats what we are told). And that connection with the naaru as well. Her powers rarely have to do with the arcane.
    Other than that i dont think there is anyone mentioning her in our space travels so far so there may be a special connection to azeroth. 8.0 will bring more equivocal hints bout her for sure.
    One more thought: maybe by opening that wound part of Azeroth's soul/substance spaced to the moon huh ? (no idea about the chain of events will have to dig a bit about it).

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Well it might be because the Moon is actually closer to Azeroth? She could actually be something like a Sun and uses the Moon as something to reflect or amplify her magic/power through it? Would explain the whole Eclipse business that popped up in the cinematic and why Balance Druids can use there new New Moon, Half Moon and Full Moon spell.

As for her name sake, we call her Elune but that might be a name we've given her? If you put timeline into play we know that safely Night Elves acknowledged her 10,000 years ago. Elune came across as something simpler to help with understanding thus that easy assumption became common knowledge and Elune stuck with it?

I reckon Elune is Azeroth's Guardian, though the Titans themselves have not really involved Elune openly to say she is part of them. We only can judge based on that Tear of Elune pillar of creation that there is some connection really.

As for being a prime Light candidate - it's honestly hard to say, I don't really say she is as high ranking as that. She can probably use both Light and Arcane magic in her arsenal as much as Sargeras can use Arcane and Fel really. But they've still kept both Elune and Naaru as enigmatic entities. But at the same time, thrown something in that has such a colossal backlash that it's a bit weird to throw that curveball into the mix to begin with.
    She has a sentience to at least mate with Malorne to create Cenarius, Elune is real in that regard, we then can assume that she is humanoid like Titans because Malorne being a stag wouldn't be able to procreate a child with that humanity and stag mixture. Overall, it still throws more questions than ever before and that's before the mic drop of Elune being able to harness enough ability to make a Naaru.

Like I said what's weird about it all is the fact that Moonkin being Elune's champions and Balance spec has references to Elune while other's do not. Even their spells have Solar and Lunar qualities though you can forsake as just gameplay whimsy, it doesn't make sense to include it still if the direction is going another way either. It would be like not removing Metamorphosis from Demonology Warlocks while letting Demon Hunters have it too, yet Demonology is stepping away from that intended fusion and gifting it to Demon Hunters.
    They made the effort to keep it and added to it even, by giving the Artifact to Balance as Scythe of Elune. Relating it to things like the Wolf tribulations too.

The sun hasn't been really acknowledged so I'm not sure that will suddenly appear out of nowhere. If it was then they would relate it to the Naaru of some kind since they are from the Chronicles - beings of Pure Light and they haven't. I mean they could but throughout the game I've never really come across the whole "Sun gives us day" or anything Sun at all.

I so follow your thought of things being built up but I reckon Elune is being built up to be something of importance to combat the Void, if the Void is as terrifying as it is... then what that Orc said on Broken Shore is true... We will have a huge fight that includes Azeroth, PC's, Sargeras, Titans, Elune and maybe more to come to face the Void Lords. With all those allies it will truly establish what a real threat the Void Lords actually are because the whole parts of the universe is trying to combat the Void.

Also as for Alleria, that was out of the blue. She's been stuck off Azeroth forever and I don't think High Elves will come into game or they would have with Quel'Thalas by now. And... I don't think she will be a sun worshipper... She will be the opposite actually. And that's not trying to spoil 7.3 for you. If you do then: Alleria becomes one with the Void, she gets a Void form and is scorned by Xe'ra for doing even if it saved that Naaru, so yeah you won't be getting your Sun worship or deity that way sorry.
    1. The moon doesn't amplify anything the most it can do is to reflect - The power of the sun god for example, the being who outranks Elune to be revealed in a later xpack. Elune never was a prime Light candidate anyways with the sun shining down.

2. If you question where daylight comes from try to look directly into the sun for an extended period of time.

3.Moonkin using Solar is just old design - at most they borrow the solar power or dabble in it.

4. I know what Alleria will turn into and since she is a mere high elf - the blood elves will counter that specifically by worshiping the sun since the battle against the void will awaken a newfound love for the Light in all races on Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am still trying to figure out the "Mother of Cenarius, had sex with a stag" part tbh.
    But then again, her high priestess is a furry herself.
    Haha, did you see Nobbel87 video on Elune, he used a similar wording. Besides that, I think he explains the mysteries of Elune well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Elune is Azeroth's world soul. Calling it
    People have been calling that since world souls and the Pantheon were given lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    My question about this portion of the lore is: Where is the Aman'thul planet? Or are titans as we know them only in planet stage when they are nascent and eventually this planet will break apart (like an egg) to show a fully formed Azeroth within?