Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    What if it all was actually planned to get even more voters to the ruling party's side? After all, their current strenght comes from entire opposition weakness (as in few other countreis with similar problems recently). Now opposition's voters will see Presidend as 'their' saviour, despite President being still aligned with ruling party, then jsut apply some magic and PR and boom! You got even more voters and winning majority that can 100% legally change constitution and no EU nor any other outside powers can accuse you about it being illegal after all that rhetoric that is going on right now about illegitimacy and whatnot.
    Nah, noone sees him as saviour. People see him as weakling who cracked first and went all out "not gonna (politically) die for this".
    You know funny thing ? Kaczynski and his closest mooks don't sign anything. Which means that once ruling party chances and someone would want to hold him responsible, he technically never did anything. Duda on the other hand needs to sign everything. Which means that you have nice, and easily accesible proof against him.

And noone who is now manifesting against pis will ever support them. Thats not that mentality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nah, noone sees him as saviour. People see him as weakling who cracked first and went all out "not gonna (politically) die for this".
    You know funny thing ? Kaczynski and his closest mooks don't sign anything. Which means that once ruling party chances and someone would want to hold him responsible, he technically never did anything. Duda on the other hand needs to sign everything. Which means that you have nice, and easily accesible proof against him.

And noone who is now manifesting against pis will ever support them. Thats not that mentality.
    They don't even need to support them, they just need to stop voting opposing parties - voters' absence will work in favour of ruling party. Similar pattern happened in recent years in different countries which have 'alt-right problems'.

After all what happened, you just need to apply some proper PR, magic and propaganda and opposing parties will look like nothing more than a screaming mob, because 'actual' saviour was someone else (whom was criticised from the start by opposing parties, so they can't get credit for that).
    It doesnt' matter if that saviour was weak or scared, what his intentions were or whatever. All that matters is that it weren't opposing parties that did it. Opposition usually being fractured doesn't help with it either for them to get actual voters agains ruling party.

I don't think this matter is anywhere close to the end and might get even dirtier as time goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't even need to support them, they just need to stop voting opposing parties - voters' absence will work in favour of ruling party. Similar pattern happened in recent years in different countries which have 'alt-right problems'.

After all what happened, you just need to apply some proper PR, magic and propaganda and opposing parties will look like nothing more than a screaming mob, because 'actual' saviour was someone else (whom was criticised from the start by opposing parties, so they can't get credit for that).
    It doesnt' matter if that saviour was weak or scared, what his intentions were or whatever. All that matters is that it weren't opposing parties that did it. Opposition usually being fractured doesn't help with it either for them to get actual voters agains ruling party.

I don't think this matter is anywhere close to the end and might get even dirtier as time goes.
    Yeah, buddy let me tell you this - 28 years isn't that much. And people have pretty good memory here. And you know what they say, once traitor, always traitor. All duda shown was that THEY are weak and divided not opposition.
    And nobody really changed their minds about duda. A puppet who fell from strings is still puppet. A puppet without any real backing. And only person who can endorse him is kaczynski - public enemy no.1.

And it was opposing parties who "did" it. They, and others were to pull people together on the streets and united them. Duda isn't seen as savior here, he is guy who was easily scared into submission.

15+ Year Old Account
    PiS as a party seems like some sort of cult given that former members of his government or his who were fired by ragebag Kaczynski suffer from battered wife syndrome ("I behaved badly. I deserved this. He had no other choice!").
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    PiS as a party seems like some sort of cult given that former members of his government or his who were fired by ragebag Kaczynski suffer from battered wife syndrome ("I behaved badly. I deserved this. He had no other choice!").
    If you call that cult you should see them celebrate monthly "anniversary" of smolensk plane crash. They do this for last 7 years. And every month they say that have final proof that it was outside job.

Aren't judges' appointments in other countries also influenced by politicans, even if much less directly? At least I've read some comments like this from people who were praising this reform. Separation of three powers isn't that rigid outside of USA afaik.
    Not that rigid *in* the USA, given that judges are explicitly politically-aligned and elected in lower courts and politically-appointed in higher courts.