Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Obama, even if he left the DNC in a fairly bad shape, had a message. That's really all you need if you seek to beat Trump.
    Agree with most of what you and @Didactic said, so rather than reiterate that I'll just interject, as a bit of a side note, that I think there has been many people somewhat unjustly bashing Obama for the state of the Democratic Party in terms of seats held in legislatures and executive offices across the country since the election. Let's not forget that he secured the Presidency for the Democratic Party twice, he did the job of President and Commander-in-Chief for 8 years. That's a busy job, as he has said himself he wasn't in a position to do that job, especially considering the circumstances in which he entered the job back in the Great Recession days, and also be the "Organizer-in-Chief" of the Democratic Party. While even he admits "part of the blame", it seems inherently unfair to single him out as responsible. If you agree with his political persuasion he did a lot more than anyone else to promote and advance that during the past 8 years, but he can only do so much. He is just 1 guy out of 320 million citizens, and the Presidency is "only" one of the three branches of one of the levels of government. So to those people I would ask, "what did you do"? Get involved, engage, vote. Which is a message Obama has been preaching for a long time and which I understand a lot of his post-Presidency will focus on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Agree with most of what you and @Didactic said, so rather than reiterate that I'll just interject, as a bit of a side note, that I think there has been many people somewhat unjustly bashing Obama for the state of the Democratic Party in terms of seats held in legislatures and executive offices across the country since the election. Let's not forget that he secured the Presidency for the Democratic Party twice, he did the job of President and Commander-in-Chief for 8 years. That's a busy job, as he has said himself he wasn't in a position to do that job, especially considering the circumstances in which he entered the job back in the Great Recession days, and also be the "Organizer-in-Chief" of the Democratic Party. While even he admits "part of the blame", it seems inherently unfair to single him out as responsible. If you agree with his political persuasion he did a lot more than anyone else to promote and advance that during the past 8 years, but he can only do so much. He is just 1 guy out of 320 million citizens, and the Presidency is "only" one of the three branches of one of the levels of government. So to those people I would ask, "what did you do"? Get involved, engage, vote. Which is a message Obama has been preaching for a long time and which I understand a lot of his post-Presidency will focus on.
    Fair enough, but there is still some blame to be levied at Obama for two things:

1) Not forwarding a hypercompetent political machinist as DNC head.
    2) Not appointing a political successor and just leaving it to whomever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

This is a hyperbolic and dishonest title.

He's holding her accountable for her part in her loss to Trump. Seems very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is a hyperbolic and dishonest title.

He's holding her accountable for her part in her loss to Trump. Seems very reasonable.
    The title is straight from CNN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    We're aware, newsbot. People with brains have been criticising CNN for its sensationalism and muckraking long before Trump and the deplorables started calling it fake news.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Oh well then, if it's from CNN, it must be 100% accurate and not misleading or sensationalistic in any way, shape, or form. CNN would never sacrifice journalistic integrity just for the sake of higher ratings/clicks.

The DNC could choose to push the following.
    Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
    Senator-elect Kamala Harris (double dip with her)
    Senator Amy Klobuchar
    Former VP Joe Biden

And as a bonus offering Michel Obama to bring in the $$$$.

10+ Year Old Account
    Senator Amy Klobuchar
    Former VP Joe Biden

Yeah, no. Kamala Harris is a maybe.

From CNN

An excerpt...

'In the 2016 campaign, there was no one more loyal to Hillary Clinton than her one-time Senate colleague Chuck Schumer. He defended his fellow New Yorker and the race she ran at every turn.
    Which makes what Schumer said about Clinton over the weekend all the more intriguing.
    "When you lose to somebody who has 40% popularity, you don't blame other things -- Comey, Russia -- you blame yourself," Schumer, the top ranking Democrat in the Senate, told The Washington Post over the weekend. "So what did we do wrong? People didn't know what we stood for, just that we were against Trump. And still believe that."...'

It ends with..
    'All of which means Clinton continues to fill that leadership vacuum with a message much more focused on reshaping her own personal narrative than re-positioning her party to persuade voters in 2018.'

Article
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/24/politi...016/index.html

With all that stated in that article. Who do you all think could campaign for the DNC in 2018? I know I have a list of at least 5-6 contenders. Three of which are female.
    He's absolutely right. Clinton was a sht candidate with awful messaging. Only she could have lost to Trump. Bernie would have rolled all over him.

my 2018 dem shortlist:

Tulsi Gabbard, Kamala Harris, Martin O'Malley, Eric Garcetti, Kirsten Gillibrand, Julian Castro
    Last edited by Realitytrembles; 2017-07-25 at 07:20 PM.

Schumer's an asshole but so's Clinton so it all cancels out, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    We're aware, newsbot. People with brains have been criticising CNN for its sensationalism and muckraking long before Trump and the deplorables started calling it fake news.
    Thats probably one of the most frustrating aspects of this entire thing
    Their are perfectly valid criticisms of the media that have been made by progressive or left leaning people for a long time now. The media is too concerned with access, its too concerned with ratings, and too concerned trying to play fair. The trump turds come along and scream fake news and now it puts people who would formally be very criticisl of the media in a position of having to defend the media when they quite rightly point out trump is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    He's absolutely right. Clinton was a sht candidate with awful messaging. Only she could have lost to Trump. Bernie would have rolled all over him.

my 2018 dem shortlist:

Tulsi Gabbard, Kamala Harris, Martin O'Malley, Eric Garcetti, Kirsten Gillibrand, Julian Castro
    We have two the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Pretty much that, yes. In the short term, the best is to stop pushing the anti-Trump agenda and start working on preventing healthcare abolition. Preventing the environment from being obliterated. Preventing the disgusting anti net neutrality agenda. Allowing marijuana legalisation. Investing more in mental health. Investing more in education. Investing more in the development of new technologies and renewable energies.

The DNC needs to move from the anti-Trump party to a Pro-something. What does the DNC stands for? Obama, even if he left the DNC in a fairly bad shape, had a message. That's really all you need if you seek to beat Trump.

I think that's what makes me so hostile toward the DNC in its current state. Nothing but spite against Trump.
    They have a message increased minimum wage, single payer healthcare, and no crashing the economy when they have a majority. I'm pretty sure people just want to play pretend until their poor choices bite them in the ass.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    So if you can call me a deplorable and not get infracted for flaming can I call you a nigger kike? Let's see if justice prevails or if these forums once again show bias.

[Infracted]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    So if you can call me a deplorable and not get infracted for flaming can I call you a nigger kike? Let's see if justice prevails or if these forums once again show bias.
    Amusing considering I'm neither black nor jewish.

This has to be the most pathetic attempt to "call out" the bias on these forums that I have ever witnessed.

[Infracted]
    Considering he didn't call you specifically a deplorable, no, you can't. But that was your downfall and why you got the infraction. Especially your obvious racist remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Considering he didn't call you specifically a deplorable, no, you can't. But that was your downfall and why you got the infraction. Especially your obvious racist remarks.
    Well, not surprising considering he believes in a white genocide. Neo-nazi gonna nazi.

Senator Amy Klobuchar
    Former VP Joe Biden

Joe Biden is too old, Gillibrand is too dumb, Harris is too unlikable, Klobuchar is too unheard of. Not nice things to say but this is how the DNC is going to go through candidates.

It is going to be someone like Elizabeth Warren or a young, likable minority who is similar to Obama.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    my 2018 dem shortlist:

It is going to be one of these two or Elizabeth Warren.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2017-07-26 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    So what, it wasn't the US population that picked her so his point stands, Bernie would have a better chance as a candidate.
    There's no way to know that.

However his profile has gotten a lot higher since the election, so who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.