Poll: What Cherry MX keyswitch do you prefer for WoW?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Preferred Cherry MX keyswitch for WoW

It is a question that truly just comes down to preference and feel imho.

For 4 years I have been using the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 model with cherry MX blue switches, and have always LOVED them, but started to wonder if there was a better keyswitch type suited for WoW. I just bought and immediately returned the Corsair K95 with Brown switches because it just felt too soft. I think I still need to feel out Clears and Blacks because I am big fan of the bump and more resistance, but I could really care less about the *click*. So whats your preference, and why?!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly can't tell the difference aside from the click noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my reds for gaming, but hate typing with them

I feel as if this game really doesn't matter what kind of keyboard you need as long as it works.

It's 100% preference, black and red are smoother so I prefer them.

if you have a wife,
    for the sake of your marriage get Reds

Always linear for gaming, so usually Black or Red. Specifically for WoW I don't really think it matters, but for other games with faster inputs (I played a lot of Stepmania/FFR in my day) I had issues with switches like Blues resulting in multiple inputs on a single press above a certain repetition speed. My personal favorite is the SteelSeries 7G w/Blacks, built like a tank, super reliable. I'm not a fan of RGB lighting on everything.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    I just bought and immediately returned the Corsair K95 with Brown switches because it just felt too soft. I think I still need to feel out Clears and Blacks because I am big fan of the bump and more resistance,...
    Since I still have to do a fair amount of typing anyway, I wanted a switch better for that than the "gaming" (linear) switches like Red or Black. IMO the Brown is a good middle ground between the tactile Blue typing switch and the linears. It has the tactile 'bump' but I also wouldn't mind it being a bit stiffer actuation for gaming. Maybe the Clear or w/e is a 'stronger Brown' would be what you're looking for.

I prefer Blacks. Reds come in second, I don't like the "click" the Blues and Browns give, well Browns are more of a bump, but Blacks and Reds have a more smoother feel.

Only difference between Blacks and Reds are the force needed to press down. I like having resistance when I type / game, so Blacks are for me.

MX Blacks. Also type a bunch with them, not a big deal. Despise clicky keyboards.

Speed/silver are technically the "best" for gaming. I've been using reds for years now and love them. Will be looking into getting speeds for my next kb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It's 100% preference, black and red are smoother so I prefer them.
    have you ever tried speed? seem to be torn between speed and red

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    have you ever tried speed? seem to be torn between speed and red
    Get speeds, they feel the same as reds but actuate faster.

This poll makes me want to try out brown...But I love my current K70 red with o-rings
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    This poll makes me want to try out brown...But I love my current K70 red with o-rings
    Browns were my first mech years ago. They were great and a night and day difference from rubber dome, but the slight tactile bump they have have makes them almost feel "mushy" and closer to a rubber dome feel. I love reds/linear switches because they just feel so smooth. I would use blues or another clicky switch if I actually wanted true tactile feedback when actuating rather than something halfway like browns. Obviously personal preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used reds also, was happy with them, they're loud enough without having to go blue and enrage everyone who might hear me playing Overwatch in the AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like browns quite a lot. Prefer the small tactile bump.

That said, blues are quite nice if you hate everyone around you.

Cherry MX Silver (MX Speeds). You can spam them much faster than a normal switch. The actuation is very short. Look at the Corsair K70 Rapidfire, or something like the Ducky Shine 6 with MX Silver.

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Speed_Silver

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop...uct_list&c=363

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Speed/silver are technically the "best" for gaming. I've been using reds for years now and love them. Will be looking into getting speeds for my next kb.
    I just picked up a board (Ducky shine 6) with the MX silver (Speed) and will never go back. They are like reds but feel much better.
    Last edited by Hotsforyou; 2017-07-25 at 08:55 PM.

Blues are just generally awful. Razer Switches are too.

The Silent Reds and Clears tend to be the best in my experience. It keeps noise down and it feels nice to use. If you are looking for specific prebuilt Keyboards I can direct you to those too.

I use the Logitech Romer-G switches, which are pretty much just MX-Browns