Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Ehhh no, it is a term they invented themselves - as opposed to the alt left which is made up as a derogatory term.

- - - Updated - - -

That's some really stupid shit right there, antifa are anarchists basically the opposite of authoritarian, please educate yourself.
    No, they really aren't anarchists. They are more than happy to use violence in order to silence and intimidate others. I've never seem anarchists who actually hate freedom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The alt right and its neo nazis just replaced the jews of the 20th century as scapegoat with the muslims of the 21st century.

At the end it is the same basic scheme: Taking the believers of a world religion as scapegoat for every evil in the world. And questioning their rights.
    Actually, you're wrong. It's still Jews. Muslims are just something they want to deal with right now. At least get your fucking facts straight.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worvon View Post
    You just literally described Trump's campaign.
    Explain which.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    There is no such thing as the 'alt left'; whereas alt-right was a term created by the group it describes to mark them as distinct from modern neoconservatism.
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/alt-left#English

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Man, I sure am glad all the attested sources are precisely the people that would make up the alt left in order to normalise the alt right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Lol I found the comment funny, meanwhile random right people get offended because I'm gay.
    And Random left People get Offended that Straight guys won't date Trans-people.

Idiots exist everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I sure am glad all the attested sources are precisely the people that would make up the alt left in order to normalise the alt right.
    No one had to make up the Alt-left, they just called themselves Antifa and showed themselves all on their own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Actually, you're wrong. It's still Jews. Muslims are just something they want to deal with right now. At least get your fucking facts straight.
    No, actually the alt right of nowadays is friend to Israels current politics, as it is right populist. Anti semitism may still exist, but every single right wing echo chamber is filled with anti muslim memes, and every single propaganda from the right is based on "islamist terrorism" and the typical religious denouncing we know from the early 20th century, just targeted at Islam nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    No one had to make up the Alt-left, they just called themselves Antifa and showed themselves all on their own.
    Do you even know what the 'alt' in alt-right means or are you just being wilfully obtuse? It was created to distinguish that part of the right wing from neoconservatism and rebrand neonazism to make it more politically palatable. Antifascists are defined solely by their opposition to the alt-right and have no unifying ideology apart from 'talk shit, get hit'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Nothing says fighting fascism like beating up random people and committing arson :P
    Nothing says fighting liberals like stabbing 2 muslims just for being muslim (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_P...d_train_attack)
    Killing a doctor (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assass..._George_Tiller)
    Or shooting up a church just because of people's race (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charle...hurch_shooting)

Please, I'm trying to be neutral here, but you're just so incredibly ignorant that I have to keep correcting you.

They are basically just neo-nazis. And they're trying to work themselves up into doing something awful.

Where did I defend this Spencer guy? I hate white supremacists just as much as anyone.
    Times may have changed, but not the language that slanders Jews.
    "this spencer guy" LITERALLY created the term "alt-right".
    ??????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    It's almost as if fundamentalist assholes stick together, whether they're nazis, ultra-right-wing catholics, New Atheists, or whatever.
    At the end, the new right is a coalition of miserable people.

OG Nazi:

Neo Nazi:

Neeext

Breitbart was a Jew, but he no longer runs that rag; Milo is a troll who doesn't care about anything. And Reddit and /pol being satire? No, the word you're looking for is trolling, not satire.
    How is trolling not considered satire

Deleted
    Would antifa qualify as a terrorist organization?
    This thread isnt about Antifa.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Bernie also appealed to populism to try and get nominated. Is he as bad as the hairpiece in charge?
    Depends, as always, on how he did it and what he actually said - populism isn't just a thing - it's a lot of ideas put together. If you're looking for absolutes and definitive answers, you won't find them here. Everything depends. I mean, even the hair-piece had some good policy ideas when he was running - I'm honest enough to admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    And Random left People get Offended that Straight guys won't date Trans-people.

Idiots exist everywhere.
    It's not a tenant of the left to get angry one doesn't want to date a trans person... anti-gay has been a fucking platform for the right meanwhile.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    I have yet to meet any left-wing person that hates the Jews. Detest Israel and the politics of the Isreali government, absolutely. But that is in no way, shape or form the same as hating Jews in general.
    Israel = The Jewish State as stated in their Declaration of Independence and in the 1947 UN Jewish homeland. Israel is also the Jewish holy land according to their scripture. To say that you hate Israel and not the Jewish religion nor Jews that live in Israel is preposterous and dishonest. It is simply leftists attempt to hide (maybe from themselves?) their hatred of Jews.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    To say that you hate Israel and not the Jewish religion nor Jews that live in Israel is preposterous and dishonest.
    People criticize Israel for their right wing populist politics. And once again, that is not anti semitism.