Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    as you can see Cof and umbral are the top trinket in every single fight

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...rior&spec=Fury
    I wonder if it will be nerfed for the next raid or if we have to wear it for the rest of the xpac.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I wonder if it will be nerfed for the next raid or if we have to wear it for the rest of the xpac.
    Probably nerfed. If not nerfed then the trinkets should be better choices either way. Don't see it lasting that long as BiS.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Probably nerfed. If not nerfed then the trinkets should be better choices either way. Don't see it lasting that long as BiS.
    I hope that trinkets + power creep (inflated ilvls) will make the Argus raid trinkets better. I have had shitty luck getting a a CoF that's a higher ilvl; 3x 890 ones lol.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that trinkets + power creep (inflated ilvls) will make the Argus raid trinkets better. I have had shitty luck getting a a CoF that's a higher ilvl; 3x 890 ones lol.
    Difference between 890 and even a 920 one is pretty minor though. Wouldn't stress too much about it. Mine is still 890 and frankly it's not even worth my time to farm NH for anything higher. Not shooting for world firsts or anything so that extremely marginal difference just isn't worth the time.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Difference between 890 and even a 920 one is pretty minor though. Wouldn't stress too much about it. Mine is still 890 and frankly it's not even worth my time to farm NH for anything higher. Not shooting for world firsts or anything so that extremely marginal difference just isn't worth the time.
    I have pretty much got to that point also. I'm hoping to get one out of my mythic NH cache by chance lol.

Yeah all you get with a higher ilvl CoF is slightly more Strength which is hardly vital to your DPS.

I once decided to test dropping CoF for my high ilvl Crade of Anguish and I definitely lost DPS. Having Battle Cry's cooldown reduced by about 20s on average is a very, very powerful effect. I think it's going to be nerfed come tier 21. Either that or the Antorus trinkets are going to be all manner of broken in order to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah all you get with a higher ilvl CoF is slightly more Strength which is hardly vital to your DPS.

I once decided to test dropping CoF for my high ilvl Crade of Anguish and I definitely lost DPS. Having Battle Cry's cooldown reduced by about 20s on average is a very, very powerful effect. I think it's going to be nerfed come tier 21. Either that or the Antorus trinkets are going to be all manner of broken in order to compete.
    That was my thoughts too. The new trinkets are going to have to be outrageous to out-perform having extra BC windows.

They'll just end up nerfing CoF into uselessness. Probably just make the cooldown reduction 1 second instead of 5. You'd think they'd go with 3 maybe 2.5 seconds or something, but lets be real, it's Blizzard, they only deal in extremes.
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2017-07-25 at 08:33 PM.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

They've already stated that they'll address CoF so that it's not used in the next tier. Taking a trinket forward one tier is fine, taking it forward for the rest of the expansion is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    They've already stated that they'll address CoF so that it's not used in the next tier. Taking a trinket forward one tier is fine, taking it forward for the rest of the expansion is not.
    Was bloodthirsty instinct ever nerfed? (i don't play a hunter). I feel like that will get nerfed also. Having a trinket bis the entire expansion is retarded.

Was bloodthirsty instinct ever nerfed? (i don't play a hunter). I feel like that will get nerfed also. Having a trinket bis the entire expansion is retarded.
    No, BTI is still unnerfed(and the presumed bug is also not fixed)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Ilvl scaling indirectly nerfs it, so it exists in the same way that Arcano does.

• BTI/Arcano could theoretically be useful with a high enough warforge, but the chances of that are slim enough that it can exist as a carrot without upsetting the status quo.
    • CoF doesn't care much about ilvl, since it scales so heavily with your characters own power inflation, and so it isn't devalued over time in the same manner.

My aim for CoF is to get one with a socket, as that's worth more than a few warforge upgrades. If you're also doing NH weekly, then go for that.

It's me or ToS trinket are just a bit over complicated. We want from Stats sticks to mechanic that can be screw over by so many stuff sometime out of our control. I got 4 trinkets (Cradel, Umbral, Engine and Specter) and they all sims close, cradel being at the top (they are not all the same ILevel).

You lose Cradel if you drop below 50%, sometime you have no way to stop your hp to drop below this point
    Umbral, you need to pop it before BC, something that is opposed to what I am used to do since a while (pop CD after BC). Also, what ever you are hitting must survive or not move for 8 sec to get the full effect.
    Engine you need to see the proc and move around to grap the orbs. You might get out of reach of the boss by doing so.
    And for Specter, you need to chain 2 spire to get the full effect each time you use it.

I hope they will be back to simple on use / truly passive trinket so you can get one of both.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    It's me or ToS trinket are just a bit over complicated. We want from Stats sticks to mechanic that can be screw over by so many stuff sometime out of our control. I got 4 trinkets (Cradel, Umbral, Engine and Specter) and they all sims close, cradel being at the top (they are not all the same ILevel).

You lose Cradel if you drop below 50%, sometime you have no way to stop your hp to drop below this point
    Umbral, you need to pop it before BC, something that is opposed to what I am used to do since a while (pop CD after BC). Also, what ever you are hitting must survive or not move for 8 sec to get the full effect.
    Engine you need to see the proc and move around to grap the orbs. You might get out of reach of the boss by doing so.
    And for Specter, you need to chain 2 spire to get the full effect each time you use it.

I hope they will be back to simple on use / truly passive trinket so you can get one of both.
    Glaives are awesome man. Off the GCD so no opportunity cost, BiS for Fury single target damage, and unlike DoS scales with AoE. Only thing you have to worry about avoiding is the mob(s) being moved out of it but being smart about the timing can help avoid those situations for the most part.

Glaives are awesome man. Off the GCD so no opportunity cost, BiS for Fury single target damage, and unlike DoS scales with AoE. Only thing you have to worry about avoiding is the mob(s) being moved out of it but being smart about the timing can help avoid those situations for the most part.
    I didn't said those trinket have bad output, I'm saying they all have some kind of gimmick I'm pretty sure never seen before, at least not all the trinket for a raid(that a lot of raid, I might be wrong but nothing come to mind). Timing a trinket is one thing, but hoping nothing move for 8 sec is an other. For Aoe, no adds in ToS survive to get damage from the big blast at the end.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't said those trinket have bad output, I'm saying they all have some kind of gimmick I'm pretty sure never seen before, at least not all the trinket for a raid(that a lot of raid, I might be wrong but nothing come to mind). Timing a trinket is one thing, but hoping nothing move for 8 sec is an other. For Aoe, no adds in ToS survive to get damage from the big blast at the end.
    Plenty of fights have adds that live long enough to benefit from glaives, but the beauty of it is that even if they happen to die before it, it still doesn't hinder your single target performance of the trinket.

Play styles of trinkets are fun though. "2000 str and 1500 haste" is boring. The only trinket that's arguably a shitty mechanic is Specter and it's only being of it's stupid amount of positional requirements in a raid that has a lot of movement. I'm not a fan of buffs that rely on the players health, but I guess it does have the benefit of giving a person a reason to avoid mechanics better.

You don't really have to hope for mobs not to be moved either. A good tank won't move bosses or adds without a reason and you should be aware of when those reasons would be coming up to avoid using the trinket at that moment.

I wish vial simmed higher lol. I like the use and use reduction when a mob dies. Interesting gameplay.

H KJ comes to mind... unless your groups damage is really high you get 8 seconds on the boss + 3 adds and it lines up just about perfectly. But obviously as groups gear more you wont get the full duration.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    H KJ comes to mind... unless your groups damage is really high you get 8 seconds on the boss + 3 adds and it lines up just about perfectly. But obviously as groups gear more you wont get the full duration.
    Even if you get a little less time, you can always use glaives 1sec before adds spawn since you'll be delaying BC for a GCD anyways. Increases chances of getting the burst in there.

If for any reason the adds die before the burst...well it's still superior on single target which the Boss will still be hit by it and the damage to the adds is just icing on the cake. If the adds are dying before the trinket fully goes off then the group is probably doing something right and the extra little damage sitting on your meters isn't going to matter.