Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    What you and others in this thread are willfully ignoring is that nothing will stop human migration, save for a police state like North Korea, where people die trying to escape from it. These people who load up their families on boats, trailers, etc. can't wait for the legal channels to grant them entry. Once you understand why they are doing this, you can understand the only humane solution.
    I fully understand why are doing what they are doing. In their place, there is a good chance I'd be tempted to do something similar, but I'd understand that the consequences of that choice would be upon me - not some other person/entity. If you want to place the blame on some faceless entity then place it on the governments of Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, China, India, etc for doing such a poor job of protecting it's citizens. The US is a sovereign nation that has laws that provide for proper immigration processes. Those that do not follow those laws certainly cannot blame the US for the disastrous events that occur because of their decision to use illicit means to enter the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    So were these people looking to get jobs at Walmart? Also, why hasn't anything been done about Mexico yet? You know it's bad when you would risk your life by heat death to escape it. We just assume Mexico is a shit hole and throw the responsibility on US?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    So were these people looking to get jobs at Walmart? Also, why hasn't anything been done about Mexico yet? You know it's bad when you would risk your life by heat death to escape it. We just assume Mexico is a shit hole and throw the responsibility on US?
    The trailer just happened to be parked at Walmart. Lot is 18 wheelers park at Walmarts on the weekends. I would imagine they will be stopping that.
    Not all of the people in the trailer were from Mexico. Although they more than likely did come through Mexico to get here.
    What would you like "done about Mexico" ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Fucking Wal-Mart has gone too far. It's 100 percent their fault!
    To be fair, if the outcome of this story was that Walmart is also the global leader in human trafficking, I wouldn't bat an eyelash: it'd just be an extra untaxed revenue stream for them.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    What would you like "done about Mexico" ?
    Go to war with them? Isn't the government corrupt as hell? I'd imagine it would be better and cheaper to overthrow the government there than build a stupid wall. Plus improve the lives of the Mexicans, you know that's important too.

Its like something out of the wire. Very sad

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Oh, so you don't mind if refugees came to conquer your house and defend and keep it, yes?
    Oh i very much would mind, and i'd kill to defend it.

- - - Updated - - -

It will take a myriad of actions that will take generations to change. First, change the policy on drug consumption and manufacturing in the US, second the US needs to spend hundreds of billions of dollars every year for decades to stomp out illegal drug operations, modernize Central and South American economies, which will invariably lead to a North American Union, strengthening federal enforcement and trade/business.

Who cares about your support or value judgements of an immigrant? It's about creating a policy that enriches both the US and the immigrant, which "illegal" immigration already does in spades.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok conservative internet hero and veteran of the meme wars, can't wait to hear about all your conquests of cuckistan.
    rofl i didn't think you'd have anything of value left to add to the convo. Nice chattin' with ya.

Some people have likened it to an invasion.
    "Some people" are morons. This is the calamitous result of obsolete legal systems interfering with present economic and political realities. Don't want people to die crossing borders? Let them cross safely. Any other response is a justification for letting people die for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Go to war with them? Isn't the government corrupt as hell? I'd imagine it would be better and cheaper to overthrow the government there than build a stupid wall. Plus improve the lives of the Mexicans, you know that's important too.
    The last time the United States began a project to rebuild a country it had decimated in war, and that project had any meaningful long-term success, was Japan and West Germany. Since then we've been kinda cocking up the whole "nation-building" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Nobody has a right to be in America. It's a privilege. If your first act upon American soil is that of a crime, why should anybody cares what happens to you?
    Because not everyone is an unfeeling monster who thinks death is the appropriate countermeasure for the Federal equivalent of a local jaywalking statute.

Additional information.
    http://m.chron.com/news/local/articl...s-11339719.php

Looks like the Zeta drug cartel was involved.

What you and others in this thread are willfully ignoring is that nothing will stop human migration, save for a police state like North Korea, where people die trying to escape from it. These people who load up their families on boats, trailers, etc. can't wait for the legal channels to grant them entry. Once you understand why they are doing this, you can understand the only humane solution.
    F humane solutions. The law is the law. Those who are not US citizens who try to enter this country illegally should be treated as 1 thing: an invading force.

And dealt with accordingly.

You can stop human migration, if you have the resolve to do whatever is necessary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    F humane solutions. The law is the law. Those who are not US citizens who try to enter this country illegally should be treated as 1 thing: an invading force.

And dealt with accordingly.

You can stop human migration, if you have the resolve to do whatever is necessary.
    Oh another internet conservative hero, who would shit his pants faster than a toddler when given the chance to neutralize this "invading" force if we was conscripted for border guard duty, or better yet, saying this statement in public.

Oh another internet conservative hero, who would shit his pants faster than a toddler when given the chance to neutralize this "invading" force if we was conscripted for border guard duty, or better yet, saying this statement in public.
    I'm hardly fully conservative. On social issues ( gay rights, abortion, etc) I'm as hard left as they come. On economics, I prefer the Nordic model. On defense & immigration, I'm hard right.

I wouldn't need to be conscripted; we have a professional volunteer military that could handle this efficiently. Once the bodies start piling up on the border, this invasion will come to a screeching halt.

As for saying it in public? I do not conceal my views, not in a country where I have the right to speak my mind. Everyone who knows me IRL knows exactly how I feel about this issue.

I'm curious as to why you feel a nation has no right to forcibly guard its own borders against unwanted intrusions.
    Last edited by Realitytrembles; 2017-07-26 at 12:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    I'm hardly fully conservative. On social issues ( gay rights, abortion, etc) I'm as hard left as they come. On economics, I prefer the Nordic model. On defense & immigration, I'm hard right.

I wouldn't need to be conscripted; we have a professional volunteer military that could handle this efficiently. Once the bodies start piling up on the border, this invasion will come to a screeching halt.

As for saying it in public? I do not conceal my views, not in a country where I have the right to speak my mind. Everyone who knows me IRL knows exactly how I feel about this issue.

I'm curious as to why you feel a nation has no right to forcibly guard its own borders against unwanted intrusions.
    Livestream or record you saying the exact words in your last post on a soapbox in your local hispanic neighborhood. Say it loud, and say it proud. Then link it to me in this thread.

Because our nation wouldn't be any better than North Korea or Syria when innocent people are being gunned down at our border for some insecurity you have. Immigration is the lifeblood of the US, we should be encouraging it, not internet tough-guying it about how we would personally murder families for trying to cross.

This is exactly why you need a strong leader (like Trump) to actually enforce immigration laws so people that might be put in these situations will be deterred from even attempting it. The bigger the deterrent, the less likely this shit is to occur.
    Lol how is Trump even close to a strong leader

innocent people are being gunned down at our border
    Innocent people do not cross the border of a sovereign state without permission. If they do that, they are criminals, and as invaders they surely can be gunned down.

These people were failed by both their own government and the US government.
    I highly disagree with this. The US Government is not responsible for idiots putting their bets into a dangerous smuggling attempt. The man who did not give them water or even a method to cool off is to blame. You can't blame our government who didn't force them into that van. They wanted to illegally pass into the US. They wanted to take a dangerous smuggling shot. And now they're dead.

Waste of life yes, but if you try to do stupid things to bypass the law and you end up getting killed. I really can't hold much empathy for you. I'm sad they had to die, but that's it. I'm not outraged by their bad decisions.

Breaking federal immigration law is not analogous to jay walking. Nice try, I guess.
    Improper Entry is a low-level Federal misdemeanor. Unlawful Presence is a civil infraction. Jaywalking, in every jurisdiction, is either a low-level misdemeanor or a civil infraction.

Livestream or record you saying the exact words in your last post on a soapbox in your local hispanic neighborhood. Say it loud, and say it proud. Then link it to me in this thread.

Because our nation wouldn't be any better than North Korea or Syria when innocent people are being gunned down at our border for some insecurity you have. Immigration is the lifeblood of the US, we should be encouraging it, not internet tough-guying it about how we would personally murder families for trying to cross.
    You crack me up, seriously. Of course , if I was going to say those things somewhere that there were people who would try to suppress my speech, I would go in an armed group that would provide protection.

I don't know why you think I have some kind of insecurity; I simply say that any nation has an absolute right to say who can come in and who can't. And the comparison to NK/Syria is bad. Most authoritarian governments are very willing to accept those who want to defect to them and become citizens. They just won't let you leave.

"Innocent families" ? By definition, an illegal immigrant's very first act upon entering the country is a crime.

Let me sum up: if you are not an American citizen and you are not already in the US, you might as well be dust. I don't care about your problems, and I could not give less of a sht what kind of problems you are running from.

This is exactly why you need a strong leader (like Trump)...
    I don't think you know what the term "strong leader" means. A strong leader isn't considered a joke by the vast majority of the populace. A strong leader isn't treated as if everything passing through their lips is a lie, especially when it's so well deserved. A strong leader doesn't promise one thing then do the exact opposite on just about every campaign promise they made. A strong leader doesn't have everything they do questioned, ignored, and/or reversed by the court.

Trump is the exact fucking opposite of a strong leader.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/us/mig...aca/index.html

Up to 10 deaths now. One of the people dead had been deported at least once already and was suspected of being in MS-13.