Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about this void shit but high elves are probably a likely sub-race option at this point. Ion said as much in that one interview a year or so ago IIRC. There was a time when I'd have laughed at the idea, and I still think it's a bad one on a few levels, but eh, after Legion I think it's safe to say there's nothing in fan demand that Blizzard won't at least consider, for better or worse. Things like faction balance, old lore, and unique silhouettes clearly don't mean as much today as they did a few years ago. The bottom line trumps it all, and you've got to admit putting blue-eyed blood elves on the Alliance would rake in some cash.

Deleted
    Hmmm... that would actually make sense if they wanted to add them. It's a nice counterpart to the arcane addicted ones.

Honestly i would rather that to Highborne. I can't stand their animations and silhouette.

Though more likely this is the roots for a void ranger class.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-07-25 at 03:01 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Hmmm... that would actually make sense if they wanted to add them. It's a nice counterpart to the arcane addicted ones.
    They would still be addicted to the arcane, just fucked with the void too
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    if high elves would be a subrace it will be for blood elves...

and why in the ass you guys think giving nightborn to horde everything will be ok? we do not want that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Just because we are on one side, I don't have to agree with everything he says. Putting a non-entity like Horde Wildhammers on the same bag as an existing faction of Alliance high elves is no argument.
    Frankly, I wouldn't even say we are on the same side, it's just that many here fall prey to herd mentality, branding any who do not agree with them as on a particular subject as enemies and putting then in one bag.

And to clarify, I did not say that Horde Wildhammers are the same level of possibility as Alliance High Elves. Both could happen under certain circumstances, but the level of probability is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post

I used to wish I could play a Human that defected to the Horde, but I didn't make hundreds of threads about it. Why? Because if I want to play a Human that badly, I'd just play Alliance.
    now you're talking...defection options in game....

am serious. would rule.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    They would still be addicted to the arcane, just fucked with the void too
    Do we really need more elf races though? Blizzard doesn't even be able to keep up with the current ones we have lore.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I can totally see it
    On ptr, Alleria becomes the first high elf to embrace void magic by siphoning the very essence of a fallen Naaru, and she ends up mastering its powers.
    I think there's a good probability she will teach her newly acquired knowledge to the remaining Allerian elves of Argus and Outland the way Illidan did to Blood elves (Yep Thalassian rangers who followed Alleria during WII are on Argus too : http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=121559/high-elf-ranger) but also to her sister Vereesa who in turn, will bring what she learnt to the High elves of Azeroth, thus creating a new lore and unlocking High elves as a playable race for the Alliance.

From this way, the high elves would finally become interesting counterparts to blood elves instead of just being Alliance-loyal blood elves.

Blood elves would draw their power from the light of a Naaru, while High elves would do it from a dead one.

Void High elves would be a darkened elf race with a mix of thalassian culture and void magic style. Instead of just having generic classes, they could bring to the Alliance some interesting classes combinations such as Void paladin, void cleric and void magister. And it would really fit the upcoming expansion based upon the rise of the old gods !

What are your thoughts ?

(found on Scrolls of lore) datamined stuff from 7.3

racials? 10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Do we really need more elf races though? Blizzard doesn't even be able to keep up with the current ones we have lore.
    The obvious answer is no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    now you're talking...defection options in game....

am serious. would rule.
    A way to ruin faction identity completely? yay.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    Frankly, I wouldn't even say we are on the same side, it's just that many here fall prey to herd mentality, branding any who do not agree with them as on a particular subject as enemies and putting then in one bag.
    That's not herd mentality. Herd mentality is blindly following a way of thinking without thinking yourself. It's parroting an idea without showing understand of it yourself.

And it's the shared arguments and ideas thrown into the "one bag", not the posters themselves and the minor disagreements with each other. After all, I'm pretty sure you're throwing me, Friendlyimmolation and Mehrunes into just another "bag" despite the fact that we don't indeed agree with each other on everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That's not herd mentality. Herd mentality is blindly following a way of thinking without thinking yourself. It's parroting an idea without showing understand of it yourself.

And it's the shared arguments and ideas thrown into the "one bag", not the posters themselves and the minor disagreements with each other. After all, I'm pretty sure you're throwing me, Friendlyimmolation and Mehrunes into just another "bag" despite the fact that we don't indeed agree with each other on everything.
    I agree!, No wait I disagree! Oh no!
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I agree!, No wait I disagree! Oh no!
    Too late son.

You got

CIRCLEJERK'D
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if high elves would be a subrace it will be for blood elves...

and why in the ass you guys think giving nightborn to horde everything will be ok? we do not want that
    Agreed, fuck the Nightborne I want them no where near my Horde. Bunch of ungrateful, high and mighty, whiners. *spit*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Agreed, fuck the Nightborne I want them no where near my Horde. Bunch of ungrateful, high and mighty, whiners. *spit*

That makes them the perfect fit for the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    it also is a textbook description of highelves, they'd fit in Dalaran perfectly.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. Whiners seem to fit everybody. High and mighty seem more on the Alliance sphere, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    you mean alliance? cause it was what alliance look like since vanilla "muh horde bias"

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you mean alliance? cause it was what alliance look like since vanilla "muh horde bias"
    When you look intensely enough, you'll find out that Alliance having more zones before Cata was also muh Horde bias, because poor oppressed Alliance players had to work harder if they wanted to do all of the quests available to them. Same goes to 7.2 and Alliance getting a unique questline in 7.2 while the Horde got squat. 7.2 was secretly yet another proof of Blizzard shitting into Alliance player's cereals all along!

Just because we are on one side, I don't have to agree with everything he says. Putting a non-entity like Horde Wildhammers on the same bag as an existing faction of Alliance high elves is no argument.
    Where did I say you have to agree with them? What if I agreed with them on that one, hence using that to support what I said?

Considering they are all closely related, you can say all elves are sub-races.
    Except for stuff like Chronicle explicitly calling the Nightborne a new race. Nightborne as a sub-race of Night Elves make the same sense as Ogres being a sub-race of Orcs.

Nathanos' new form was introduced for a reason. Be it a future sub-race or just an important plot point, I bet it will be explored somehow in the future.
    To make a character that got some sliver of spotlight in Legion stand out from the crowd? Nathanos looked like crap even by Forsaken standards.

I'm more concerned about the Horde "crybabies" that will be flooding the forums if I'm proven right. Hey, November is coming soon, and we will see.
    Let's see. 12 years of Alliance players crying at every opportunity about how Blizzard intensely hates them all (including the topic of High Elves) vs 12 years of the Horde players not doing that. Yeah, Horde players are going to be so much worse

That has been happening for one decade and it was never addressed. You can even still lose tag to you own faction if 5 people have already tagged a mob.
    Yeah, shared tags have been happening for one decade indeed.

Are you implying we should be grateful of having content that just portrayed us as morons?
    Can't recall doing so. What I do recall is Alliance's whinefest about "muh Horde bias" continuing even when the story turned to the Horde imploding on itself and everyone raiding its ex-Warchief. Or when the story was about killing AU versions of Horde heroes, who weren't actually aligned with the playable Horde. The Horde players weren't particularly grateful about that one either. But that wasn't enough to count as Alliance bias. Because literally everything in WoW is Horde bias.

The point remains that the story was an afterthought to Blizzard rectifying actual, observable and measurable Alliance bias in form of more zones and more quest content, so any Alliance whining about Blizzard pissing on their ancestors' graves and how fixing Alliance bias is somehow Horde bias is beyond ridiculous.

That huge Bilgewater Harbor with class trainers may not be officially a capital, but could very well be.
    Could be, but is not.

Considering that Alliance was winning until Sylvanas pulled the Val'kyr, it was a case of Sylvanas having a card up her esleeve.
    It'd still be military idiocy even if Sylvanas didn't get involved and Koltira lost. WPL happens after Hillsbrad. Southshore has long been destroyed. Andorhal had Forsaken to the south, south-east. And west, where Undercity was in rather close proximity. With Southshore gone, they had no supply lines whatsoever other than what they'd farm themselves. Sylvanas could have sent Royal Dreadguard at any time afterwards and they Alliance would be steamrolled anyway.

It's a loss because Alliance was trying to prevent that. Did you play as Alliance?
    I cited SoS. But you didn't lose in Hinterlands. The best Alliance could do was fend off attacks. At no point it comes close to defeating the Horde or attack any of its bases.
    I know you cited Swamp of Sorrows. I addressed it where you did. I mentioned it earlier here due to the point I was making. Anyway, Stonetalon is a loss because the Horde kills some neutral Druids (for which Krom'gar was executed since it brought the Horde no glory according to Garrosh), but Hinterlands is not a Forsaken loss because... they utterly failed to conquer a Ranger lodge... OK then.

We fend off an attack. We won a battle, but we never threatened the Horde bases. Then the story gets redirected to fighting forest trolls.
    Look at all the destroyed Alliance bases in Stonetalon. Oh...

We lost on both those places. The Alliance bases remain and the war continued, but both storylines end in a very depressing tone. Specially Barrens, in which the commander is a good guy and ends up murdered. In the quest experience for both Alliance and Horde in SoS, Alliance steals some supplies and is repelled. It's an Alliance victory, but the tone of the narrative is completely different from the crushing defeats of Stonetalon an Barrens, in which we suffer big losses. At least the Horde player can fend off the attack on Stonard.
    Yes, the Alliance bases remained. Which was the entire point. I.e. exposing your double standard. Horde losing a fight but not getting expelled or conquered is some kind of a travesty. Alliance losing a fight is also a travesty, them not getting conquered or expelled be damned.

So what? It was still a loss after many other losses.
    And a case of faction imbalance prior to it. Besides, the only thing that doesn't make about Theramore getting destroyed out of all places is that it got destroyed so late.

I didn't see anyone complaining that Horde got an extra cinematic in 7.0. You had a cinematic about the passing of the torch from Vol'jin to Sylvanas. The Alliance equivalent just came out two patches later.
    First of all, there was no extra quests coming with it so your comparison is already false. Secondly, the Horde got extra cinematic in 7.0 because over half of their first one was a copy of the Alliance cinematic, focusing entirely on Alliance characters. If you add up the length of the Horde-exclusive part of the Broken Shore cinematic and the Warchief one, it still is shorter than the Alliance cinematic.

Also, it's amazing that even when you agree that Horde needs some attention, you sound like you want to disagree with me.
    I disagreed with you calling it ironic. Because it isn't. It's amazing that I explicitly said that already and that it somehow it did not register.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-07-25 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    "If you are not with me, you are my enemy" is one of the exemplars of herd mentality, especially if the said herd has an ideological basis.

Well, I don't even remember any interaction with you other than agreeing the orcs were butchered during the past few expansions, and that they need positive development, so there's little basis for me to put you in any bag, even if I were doing that. And I actually do not share too many ideas and arguments with Deicide, so your presented proposition does not seem to provide a meaningful explanation in this particular case. We were really put into this "one bag", as in called buddies" because we both disagreed with a certain notion, yet the grounds on which we disagreed with it are rather different from each other.

Furthermore, Deicide is a respectable and polite poster, and as such, I treat him in kind.

Other than Deicide not invoking "but Blizzard can do anything they want!" your arguments on High Elves are extremely close to each other, so *shrug*. And as Zulkan already mentioned, your understanding of Horde mentality is rather weird. Suddenly your portrayal of Chronicle material became much clearer though.

And to clarify, I did not say that Horde Wildhammers are the same level of possibility as Alliance High Elves.
    Something something we heard the exact same arguments when people were dismissive of the Warlords of Draenor leaks.

Too late son.

You got

CIRCLEJERK'D
    You forgot the TEH. Only the full name of TEH CIRCLEJERK properly expresses the nature of this argument.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-07-25 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.