Poll: Would buy and play this "leaked" expansion if it ends up being true?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Nope. I'm sorry but you'll have to come up with a better excuse for Naga not serving their queen who they've been serving for the past 10k years under the sea.
    The existing Illidari Naga?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Because Goblins and Gnomes have had very little spotlight in the game. That's actually a very good reason why there should be a class or an expansion that adds to their lore.

What about Gazlowe and Mekkatorque? Those are major lore characters.

Tinkertown, Kezan, and Blidgewater Harbor. If this leak turns out to be true, you can add Gadgetzhan to the list.
    I'm sorry, but we will have to disagree. Gazlowe and Mekkatorque are not major lore characters. Only a few times have they even pop'd up, and it always felt forced. Maybe during the release of goblins as a playable race. But never within a role of helping us fight and save Azeroth. I don't remember much , if anything from them during the last 2-3 expanions. What impact have they had? They're generally super selfish, naracsstic people. Not saying that Illdian isn't, but his motives were always to help, just a different path taken.

Nope. I'm sorry but you'll have to come up with a better excuse for Naga not serving their queen who they've been serving for the past 10k years under the sea.

I'm still waiting for my Ogres, who are officially members of the Hore so why dfaq can't they be playable??
    Honestly you don't need a better excuse. We've been given dozens of examples of NPC races that have split off to help our factions, and practically join out of no other reason than mutual hatred of a common enemy. This is even in the face of eternal servitude under some common overlord. Death Knights are THE prime example of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Honestly you don't need a better excuse. We've been given dozens of examples of NPC races that have split off to help our factions, and practically join out of no other reason than mutual hatred of a common enemy. This is even in the face of eternal servitude under some common overlord. Death Knights are THE prime example of this.
    Deathknights turned on their maker because they got liberated from his control.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually it was because he betrayed and sent them to their deaths on purpose in order to draw Tirion Fordring out @ Light's Hope Chapel. It wasn't so much of a "breaking away from control" as much as it was "forcefully relinquished" methinks.

No way that Azhara would ever betray or doom her followers in her pursuit for power amirite?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

I'm still waiting for my Ogres, who are officially members of the Hore so why dfaq can't they be playable??
    There's the Coilskar naga, they're not a part of Azshara's army.

- - - Updated - - -

This leak is obviously fake as it's Jaylock who made it. But nonetheless, it's got elements from what I expect to be 8.0

Naga, Azshara and all that good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    There's the Coilskar naga, they're not a part of Azshara's army.
    The Coilskar are actually the perfect candidates to join the Horde and Alliance after the events in Legion. They'll be without a faction leader yet still allied with our forces, it makes sense for them to officially join us if and when Azshara plans for world domination. I'm sure Azshara wouldn't be too happy about the Coilskar leaving to serve someone other than herself.

It also falls in line with the leaks and the mentioned plans to bring the Broken into the mix too, since they were also a part of Illidan's army. I think Neutral Naga would make more sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I'm sorry, but we will have to disagree. Gazlowe and Mekkatorque are not major lore characters. Only a few times have they even pop'd up, and it always felt forced. Maybe during the release of goblins as a playable race. But never within a role of helping us fight and save Azeroth.
    Gelbin Mekkatorque fighting against the Legion with Greymane, Varian, and Jaina on Broken Shore was literally him helping us fight to save Azeroth. Gazlowe fought the Legion in the Barrens to help protect Durotar.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Might be because people remember that previous xpacs have been leaked on here before and were right. People are likely more open minded, I suppose. Not to mention, there's been heavy hints in Legion that the Queen Azshara story isn't over. She's up to something.
    Yes, and that's exactly why these "leaks" happen. It's very likely Azshara will be the next antagonist, and leaks have happened before, and therefore people get free credibility. But come on, "Rise of the Naga Empire"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Well its not like "World of Warcraft: Legion", was that great of a title.
    It's a billion times better than this "leak". Legion is a good title, as far as design goes - it tells the player what's going to happen, without being too long.

Deleted
    How will Naga be able to wear legs and shoe items???

Quote Originally Posted by popotine View Post
    How will Naga be able to wear legs and shoe items???
    Night Elf/Blood Elf 'glamour' racial, where they appear as a biped out of combat and when riding. Works just like Worgen, and the Naga NPCs already 'glamour' into Night Elves in certain places.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yes, and that's exactly why these "leaks" happen. It's very likely Azshara will be the next antagonist, and leaks have happened before, and therefore people get free credibility. But come on, "Rise of the Naga Empire"?

- - - Updated - - -

It's a billion times better than this "leak". Legion is a good title, as far as design goes - it tells the player what's going to happen, without being too long.
    The leak itself says that "Rise of the Naga Empire" is the working title....

The leak itself states that the name is internally subject to change.

The leak itself says that "Rise of the Naga Empire" is the working title....
    What..? My entire point was that people who believe in this "leak" are beyond naive. It's painfully obviously fake.

- - - Updated - - -

The leak itself states that the name is internally subject to change.
    Right, so that at least means the one who bullshitted this leak was smart enough to give themselves leeway with the title changing.

Gelbin Mekkatorque fighting against the Legion with Greymane, Varian, and Jaina on Broken Shore was literally him helping us fight to save Azeroth. Gazlowe fought the Legion in the Barrens to help protect Durotar.
    I went and looked up more info on him. He is barely present in anything. Very small, almost non-existent parts that if they were cut out, no one would even know. He is a "high tinker" but basically a warrior in every other sense of the word. He just also does engineering/tinker with his spare time. I really feel this entire Tinker idea is being forced, and people are just projecting any resemblence of the Tinker class in game on everyone else. Where are all the other tinkers? Why are there only two? There are litterally hundreds if not thousands of all the other classes... But in wow lore, theres only a handful of tinkers.. So yes, lets make a class around an extreme minority. So silly.

Right, so that at least means the one who bullshitted this leak was smart enough to give themselves leeway with the title changing.
    So they're smart enough to give themselves leeway yet it's the one thing you point out as reason for being bullshit? I mean c'mon, you could have pointed at anything other than the one thing they gave an excuse for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went and looked up more info on him. He is barely present in anything. Very small, almost non-existent parts that if they were cut out, no one would even know. He is a "high tinker" but basically a warrior in every other sense of the word. He just also does engineering/tinker with his spare time. I really feel this entire Tinker idea is being forced, and people are just projecting any resemblence of the Tinker class in game on everyone else. Where are all the other tinkers? Why are there only two? There are litterally hundreds if not thousands of all the other classes... But in wow lore, theres only a handful of tinkers.. So yes, lets make a class around an extreme minority. So silly.
    Were Death Knights a majority before their integration to World of Warcraft?

So they're smart enough to give themselves leeway yet it's the one thing you point out as reason for being bullshit? I mean c'mon, you could have pointed at anything other than the one thing they made an excuse for.
    Except as I said, the title is enough to cement the bullshit-ness. Even if they say "oh the title can change", Blizzard wouldn't have tacked such a stupid title to it in the first place.

If I wanted to read fanfiction, there are far better things to read than a fake leak.

I went and looked up more info on him. He is barely present in anything. Very small, almost non-existent parts that if they were cut out, no one would even know. He is a "high tinker" but basically a warrior in every other sense of the word. He just also does engineering/tinker with his spare time.

A warrior can build that in their spare time? He also was a major part of the Broken Shore scenario.

I really feel this entire Tinker idea is being forced, and people are just projecting any resemblence of the Tinker class in game on everyone else. Where are all the other tinkers? Why are there only two? There are litterally hundreds if not thousands of all the other classes... But in wow lore, theres only a handful of tinkers.. So yes, lets make a class around an extreme minority. So silly.

You asked for the major lore figures, so I gave you Gazlowe and Gelbin, since both of them have appeared in WoW, and other WC related products. There are a lot of Tinkers in the game though. These guys are at Broken Shore for example:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=92122/gnomeregan-tinkerer
    Last edited by Rhamses; 2017-07-25 at 08:30 PM.