Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Reminds me of that south park episode with the mind controlling fern aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Except y'know sounding like all the other nu-metal bands
    well, there's a bit more variation between nu-metal bands than some metal bands tbh. though, there were a lot trying to be coal chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    There's a difference? Don't hurt me
    emos wear thin skater clothes, skinny jeans. usually in a variety of colors.

goths tend to stick to all black, some leather jackets, tripps or loose black jeans.

Except y'know sounding like all the other nu-metal bands
    You know what, I think the mainstream ones were actually all very distinct.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, there's a bit more variation between nu-metal bands than some metal bands tbh. though, there were a lot trying to be coal chamber.
    Still can't believe Ozzy did that terrible Shock the Monkey song with them. I mean he's done some bad stuff but jeez...

10+ Year Old Account
    Is goth even a thing anymore ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I'm neither but I'd rather bang Goth chicks than Emo chicks.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by afrospinach View Post
    you know what, i think the mainstream ones were actually all very distinct.
    we're trying to build a prisooooon.

- - - Updated - - -

Bounce! POGO POGO POGO POGO.
    Jump! POGO POGO POGO POGO

10+ Year Old Account
    Which one gives fewer fucks..... I mean I still give fucks but it takes a lot for me to give a fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Still can't believe Ozzy did that terrible Shock the Monkey song with them. I mean he's done some bad stuff but jeez...
    i haven't actually listened to that. guess i gotta do that today.

i liked that little "amir of the desert" thing they did, it was funny. i like funny shit like that.

Deleted
    hikikomori

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    There's a difference? Don't hurt me

I'm anything and everything you want me to be.
    Goth grew out of the new-romantic scene that followed punk in the early eighties, just with macabre dress inspired by some of the more theatric metal and hard-rock acts; emo came from the post-hardcore punk scene that (unsurprisingly) followed the hardcore punk scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    hikikomori
    Trying to be one in the US is difficult.

Deleted
    Never in to Manson, like Funeral for a friend - hours, thats emo for me boys.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did we go back in time to the early 00's?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember kids, down the road, not across the tracks

Never thought I was either, but enjoy music from both genres. I'm a culture junkie so whatever I like I'll take some of that. Never stayed in one lane and still don't to this day. I could go to a metal show one night, an alt country show the next, and finish the weekend with an EDM show. Just depends on if I like the artist or not.

Probably Hipster is where most people put me. I'm also partial to black, but my features just make it easier than a lot of colors for me. Makes going to Jam festivals a little odd though.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, there's a bit more variation between nu-metal bands than some metal bands tbh. though, there were a lot trying to be coal chamber
    The trouble with the term "nu-metal" is it doesn't so much describe a genre or sound but a period of experimentation. The more generic sounding ones were the rap-metal groups aping Limp Bizkit, like Linkin Park, PoD, Crazy Town etc. Some went for a more industrial sound like Static-X, Coal Chamber, Slipknot etc. and others were more experimental, like Incubus having more of a drum'n'bass vibe. Then there are the groups who predate nu-metal and either drifted towards the "genre" (such as Fear Factory and Machine Head) or got lumped in there because their sound was non-typical of metal (like Sepultura's tribal sound.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Never in to Manson, like Funeral for a friend - hours, thats emo for me boys.
    Marilyn Manson wasn't so much goth music as industrial glam-rock. Funeral for a Friend are indeed emo (and fantastic.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Goth grew out of the new-romantic scene that followed punk in the early eighties, just with macabre dress inspired by some of the more theatric metal and hard-rock acts; emo came from the post-hardcore punk scene that (unsurprisingly) followed the hardcore punk scene.
    It's cuz The Cure went dark and The Sisters of Mercy got signed.

I miss young Robert Smith.

I'm a blood elf :3