Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Glad our "Maverick" came back to vote on a bill that most Republicans and especially him have no idea what is in it.
    McCain voted yes on proceeding to the bill, but said he would oppose the legislation in its current form when it came time for final passage.

He also took a few swings at Trump and urged bipartisan cooperation. Honestly, I was surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    McCain voted yes on proceeding to the bill, but said he would oppose the legislation in its current form when it came time for final passage.

He also took a few swings at Trump and urged bipartisan cooperation. Honestly, I was surprised.
    Hate to say this, but is McCain going to be around for the vote? He should have voted "NO" right then and now. Kill it!

Glad our "Maverick" came back to vote on a bill that most Republicans and especially him have no idea what is in it.
    They opened it up to begin consideration. People that aren't brainwashed zealots enjoy a good debate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Basically. The Koch Brothers already made the threat to get healthcare done and get them a tax break or game over for their funds. They would fund primary opponents for their seats to remove them.
    The Koch brothers hate Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate to say this, but is McCain going to be around for the vote?
    Probably. And I'm legit disappointed he had to vote on the Floor. Just send an intern or something. Dude has brain cancer. Give him a fucking break.

*ahem*

McCain, like Paul, want the debate to move forward so more ideas can come up and be discussed. As it stands, there is no one single plan that all 50 GOP Senators who voted "yes" are behind. McCain, for example, is not behind repeal only, nor 3.1 version. Paul wants repeal only. That's a big of a log jam.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    They opened it up to begin consideration. People that aren't brainwashed zealots enjoy a good debate

- - - Updated - - -

The Koch brothers hate Trump
    They hate Trump but they openly threatened current Republican congressmen that if they don't get their healthcare bill passed, they're cutting off their funding and will fund opponents to take their seats.

Them wanting the ACA repealed isn't about Trump. It's about getting that juicy tax break that would come with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

AARP is going ham on the GOP as a result - https://twitter.com/aarpadvocates/st...09299122585601

Good on them. Fuck these people.

Call me a terrible liberal, but I won't be sad if McCain's brain tumor kills him sooner rather than later after this bullshit. Completely disgusting, his vote today made me lose the last bit of respect I had for the "maverick".

http://www.theonion.com/article/fire...vestigat-56026

The Onion still has one of the best pieces of commentary on his change over the years, despite being god damn satire.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    AARP is going ham on the GOP as a result - https://twitter.com/aarpadvocates/st...09299122585601

Good on them. Fuck these people.

Call me a terrible liberal, but I won't be sad if McCain's brain tumor kills him sooner rather than later after this bullshit. Completely disgusting, his vote today made me lose the last bit of respect I had for the "maverick".

http://www.theonion.com/article/fire...vestigat-56026

The Onion still has one of the best pieces of commentary on his change over the years, despite being god damn satire.
    Going to be hilarious if they follow through and post/mail their senators votes to all of them. A lot of old people don't actually follow politics that much. They tune it out and vote R or follow Fox News. The AARP sending them mail saying "hey your senator just voted to take away your healthcare" is a good way to smack them back to reality and get them to turn.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Probably. And I'm legit disappointed he had to vote on the Floor. Just send an intern or something. Dude has brain cancer. Give him a fucking break.

*ahem*

McCain, like Paul, want the debate to move forward so more ideas can come up and be discussed. As it stands, there is no one single plan that all 50 GOP Senators who voted "yes" are behind. McCain, for example, is not behind repeal only, nor 3.1 version. Paul wants repeal only. That's a big of a log jam.
    So McCain's replacement is super duper likely to be a "YES" vote on whatever bill gets proposed. Now yes his vote is not the breaking or deciding vote but you never know. Maybe its too much coulda, woulda, shoulda atm, but still it shows the "Maverick" is nothing more than a stooge than what he says he is. Only reason he is this much against Trump is he is so anti-Russian.

Edit: I'll admit I don't know much about how Arizona might replace a Senator, but again as we talk about and in other threads. If it has an "R" in front of name enough will vote. Plus we know liberals will not come out for special election. I give credit to conservatives, they will vote for whomever or whatever when they have too.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2017-07-25 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So McCain's replacement is super duper likely to be a "YES" vote on whatever bill gets proposed. Now yes his vote is not the breaking or deciding vote but you never know. Maybe its too much coulda, woulda, shoulda atm, but still it shows the "Maverick" is nothing more than a stooge than what he says he is. Only reason he is this much against Trump is he is so anti-Russian.
    They may not be. Arizona's governor isn't keen on an ACA repeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    They may not be. Arizona's governor isn't keen on an ACA repeal.
    If it passes, there are senators in purple states that are absolutely done for. McCain is already retiring but Flake (his co senator) is basically done for if they sign the full repeal. Heller from Nevada is gone as well. Both of those states are huge anti ACA repeal and are already expected to have to fight for their lives to get reelected in '18.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now yes his vote is not the breaking or deciding vote but you never know.
    ALL OF THE VOTES were deciding. Don't kid yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it passes, there are senators in purple states that are absolutely done for. McCain is already retiring but Flake (his co senator) is basically done for if they sign the full repeal. Heller from Nevada is gone as well. Both of those states are huge anti ACA repeal and are already expected to have to fight for their lives to get reelected in '18.
    Dems have a bench problem in Arizona atm. No one seems to really want to challenge Flake yet and the two best contenders either want to go for the Governor's office or keep their House seat

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Dems have a bench problem in Arizona atm. No one seems to really want to challenge Flake yet and the two best contenders either want to go for the Governor's office or keep their House seat
    Which is interesting because if a competent person ran against Flake, he's considered one of the most high risk senators in the country. Interesting that no one is really rising up to take him on.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    No, this is like saying Flat Earthers should get a debate stage. You don't debate crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is interesting because if a competent person ran against Flake, he's considered one of the most high risk senators in the country. Interesting that no one is really rising up to take him on.

The most likely name right now is Dr. Randall Friese who was one of the surgeons that helped save Gabby Giffords life and has been in the state house since 2014. Still a state house member isn't exactly a great challenger but with the house as lopsided as it is, might not have a choice.
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2017-07-26 at 12:56 AM.

So again McCain gave him fiery lines and then voted YES. He asked for both parties to work on a bill, but voting for something that only a few have seen and many problems. So that will not bring Democrats and even Republicans to the table.

McCain is a piece of crap. I'm thinking more that he just likes playing the Maverick and talk tough to play both sides. Yes all politicians do it, but we put this guy on a pedestal for no reason.

Edit: I think McCain will die or step down so he can again dodge the actual vote. Piece of bleep.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2017-07-25 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So again McCain gave him fiery lines and then voted YES. He asked for both parties to work on a bill, but voting for something that only a few have seen and many problems. So that will not bring Democrats and even Republicans to the table.

McCain is a piece of crap. I'm thinking more that he just likes playing the Maverick and talk tough to play both sides. Yes all politicians do it, but we put this guy on a pedestal for no reason.
    Its a legacy thing for mccain. What a statesman! Lool at him talk about bi partisanship!
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account

Shut up McCain.

How about you let your damn actions speak instead of the constant stream of platitudes. Words are cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Shut up McCain.

How about you let your damn actions speak instead of the constant stream of platitudes. Words are cheap.
    I'm betting that he will step down and his replacement would be a Yes vote on no matter what bill proposed. He is basically being a coward.

People that give McCain so much credit forget that he thought Sarah Palin was worthy of being 1st in line to the Presidency.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.