Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Nope. Wouldn't even install it to check it out. Diablo is shit, Diablo MMO would be even shittier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    No. Unless diablo MMO manage to maintain at least 5 million subscribers "which is impossible since MMO are no longer a valid business model" then profit does matter.
    You are just pulling numbers out of thin air. The fact is that they need to make a decent profit margin and what that margin amounts to we cannot possibly know, but to suggest that they couldn't pull in the required numbers is just silly. Blizzard are arguably the most renowned game developer in the world, people would flock to a Diablo MMO just as they have to every other Blizzard game.
    Speciation Is Gradual

I'll quit WoW over any other Blizzard MMO. Knowing Blizzard it'll have similarities that WoW has. I'm at the point now where I like no other MMO but WoW, but even then I feel the burnout of it.

Deleted
    If its anything like diablo 2 sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Isn't Diablo 3 already an MMO?

There are tons of players and you can play with them? Games like World of tanks are considered MMOs and other small party FPS.

Is it not already?

- - - Updated - - -

UO was a 3d isometric game... It was an MMO
    Four people in one gameplay experience is not what you'd quantify as massively multiplayer online.
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

Deleted
    diablo mmo would be exactly like wow now just with a darker theme.

No. I've never even bothered to play any edition of Diablo.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    I would jump ship, yes. Diablo has potential as an MMORPG as long as the writers don't juggle with lore and retcon everything. Anyways, I would only give it a go if Blizzard drops the cartoony style for something more to my tastes. WoW feels stale, so a Diablo MMORPG would feel fresher to me.

I'd only leave for a game like wow but with an actual writing staff.

In short...No not for a diabloverse.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo occupies the same kind of "medieval fantasy" setting as Warcraft so I'd be more on board for a futuristic StarCraft MMO FPS if only to get a fresh perspective which isn't done as often.

Think Space Hulk: Deathwing but less shit and more open.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I'd try it, but would not quit wow over it. Now, if they made a sandbox type single player RPG based on Diablo, that would be hella cool.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't pull numbers anywhere.

All I said that MMO are a bad investment and Blizzard would be smart to avoid taking high risks with diablo and Alienating half their community between two games.

Sorry but I gotta say that the whole Idea is dumb and I would never approve it if I was a blizzard officer.
    No. Unless diablo MMO manage to maintain at least 5 million subscribers "which is impossible since MMO are no longer a valid business model" then profit does matter.
    Sure looks like number pulling to me.
    Speciation Is Gradual

No. I like Warcraft lore too much to invest in another MMOG.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm good enough at time management that I could roll with both, so no need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Unless Blizzard is ready to toss WoW in the bin and completely give up on it there is no way they are spending the money and time it would take to make another mmo that would have to compete with their own game. Nevermind the fact that WoW is still a money making beast for them even with the mmo market dying off. With the genius of the tokens they now have found a way to get people to play WoW and in some form pay for it so they can use tokens to get other games or features at a mark 25% mark up.
    Not necessarily. By all accounts, the main reason they scrapped Titan and recovered the assets for Overwatch wasn't that they weren't willing to run two MMOs at once, but because they couldn't make their vision for Titan work. That wouldn't necessarily preclude a Diablo MMO if they felt they could find a vision for it that would work; if anything it would probably mean more happy gamers as WoW can continue with its lighter storytelling and Diablo can pick up the slack on darker storytelling that's notably scarce in WoW overall.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Ehe.

No. I wouldn't. As if Diablo was a good RPG to begin with, in which it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Yeah, but the bosses are tired and worn out. I mean, I guess the same could be said for Warcraft. It just feels a little cringey knowing that "2.0 Rise of Diablo! Face him in the new raid... Hell!" would definitely be a thing. And then 3.0 Baal, and so on and so forth.

Meh, like I said, I'd still play it.
    You are thinking in the theme park style of wow, a true open world sandbox "world of sanctuary". Could easily have heaven/hell be overarching aspects like sargeras has been for most of wow. and just focus on the world, you know back to mmo roots, less menucraft more world

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I'm good enough at time management that I could roll with both, so no need.

- - - Updated - - -

Not necessarily. By all accounts, the main reason they scrapped Titan and recovered the assets for Overwatch wasn't that they weren't willing to run two MMOs at once, but because they couldn't make their vision for Titan work. That wouldn't necessarily preclude a Diablo MMO if they felt they could find a vision for it that would work; if anything it would probably mean more happy gamers as WoW can continue with its lighter storytelling and Diablo can pick up the slack on darker storytelling that's notably scarce in WoW overall.
    People are also assuming Titan was a MMO. Almost nothing is really known about it. The one thing they have clearly said with Titan is the communication completely broke down on the team and people stopped working together so things failed. If Titan was going to be a MMO that means they wasted 2 years and millions of dollars on a game that failed to launch. Mix that in with the decline of MMO's over all and you can't seriously think they would be actively wanting to create another.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I hate isometric camera games like diablo, path of exile etc But if the make it a normal open world MMO, but darker than wow and pegi 18+ I am in..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I would love a diablo pseudo mmo like the division. Open world, 4 player party, some multiplayer areas, dungeons and such.
    would rather have a potential diablo mmo be dark and grity but exactly like wow in game play / mechanics. The key is it would be a whole new world to explore based in the diablo universe with diablo classes.

I wouldn't quit WoW but i would subscribe to both in a heartbeat.

Maybe a $20 a month option for access to both MMOs

I already quit WoW but I would resub to quit it again