Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Here's a suggestion:

Make all divorces default no fault. Nobody gets any money. Everyone keeps what they have.

But that is unfair to spouses staying at home, you say. Well tough. Keep that in mind when staying at home (or not doing that) going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Here's a suggestion:

Make all divorces default no fault. Nobody gets any money. Everyone keeps what they have.

But that is unfair to spouses staying at home, you say. Well tough. Keep that in mind when staying at home (or not doing that) going forward.
    Or get a prenup?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanyemuhammad View Post
    Honestly. He kept his money and only had to do 6 months. Shit that's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 6 months is going to turn into a year.... and then two.... and then three... if he doesn't pay.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a suggestion:

Why don't we just leave things the way they are, and if you want things to work that way then write up a prenup for your marriage?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The 6 months is going to turn into a year.... and then two.... and then three... if he doesn't pay.
    That's the problem with contempt charges. You do your time and come back - if you still don't comply there can be more.

Still, if you hate your wife enough to do some number of six month blocks and make her suffer without money for the duration, even if you eventually have to pay out one day, that's some impressive spite.

He's a grade-a scumbag. 6 months is way too soft. He got married, knowing the consequences, yet cheated multiple times and then has the gall to complain.

Besides, prenups exist.

Deleted
    Here's a suggestion:

Even in a no fault divorce, where no alimony is paid, the assets have to be split. And that is the part he objects to.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Except that never works because the woman always refuses to get married under one because that means he doesnt trust her and as such marrying someone you dont trust just screams that divorce wont be too far off
    Then don´t marry her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Because the two of them had a contract that states that they share all of their assets. Which means in a separation or divorce everyone gets half. If you disagree with the terms of a contract, don't enter. There is no renegotiating at the end.
    Thats laughable. Nobody signs a contract when they get married that states how shit will be divided/owned. It may be implied or assumed, but there is no contract

10+ Year Old Account
    He shouldn't have to pay her anything. I just got divorced, and luckily she didn't try to go after anything, but if she had, probably would have done the same thing he did. Funny situation though.

Alimony is an abomination and sexist to the bone. Men make up over 80% of the people forced to pay it. It has no place in a civilised society.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    $10 million for 6 months in jail? where do I sign?
    I know right.

I don't think what he did was right, but 10 million? lol. No.

I remember telling my ex-wife that I would freely live under a highway underpass before I gave her a penny. Meant it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Alimony is an abomination and sexist to the bone. Men make up over 80% of the people forced to pay it. It has no place in a civilised society.
    I agree for the most part.

I can understand if one spouse stays home and takes care of the kids for 20 years, and sacrifices their career opportunities to do so, while the other spouse makes tons of money and up and leaves after 20.

I can see why alimony might be justified in that situation, but it really should be a case by case issue.

Well, considering the woman is now in her sixties, and they were married for forty years she certainly isn't a woman, digging for gold from older men. In addition, it is quite difficult, to start rebuilding a life in your sixties, without any kind of money, and probably next to no retirement funds.

But yeah, it is surely about greedy golddiggers here.
    Last edited by josykay; 2017-07-25 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Well, considering the woman is now in her sixties, and they were married for forty years she certainly isn't a woman, digging for gold from older men. In addition, it is quite difficult, to start rebuilding a life in your sixties, without any kind of money, and probably next to no retirement funds.

But yeah, it is surely about greedy golddiggers here.
    You need 10 million to rebuild?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Too bad the law and anyone with a brain disagrees with you.
    so you think that regardless of what happens durring a marraige the wife deserves 50% of the males assets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    It was pretty clear that my point was to make you aware that you failed to read before speaking out.
    doesnt matter, divorces laws are a relic from an age before women worked, now they can, and they still use it to dig for gold in alimony or half the mans assets after not doing shit for the entire marraige and claiming they gave up thier dreams. They dont deserve shit and shouldnt become accustomed to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    So to sum it up, he's a giant scumbag and on top of that he defied the courts for years and he got six months in jail as a result. I feel like six months is too little, if anything.
    No. To sum it up: Hes a man who likes good looking women, who don't have a man haircut, and who aren't old, like most men. His wife is a gold digger who wants HALF of the money HE earned. She should settle for maybe 2 million and call it a day. Yes, he cheated. Clearly, he had cause to do so. No, she doesn't deserve 1/2 his money. This is why you don't get married without a prenuptial agreement. Good on him for choosing prison than to let his old ugly cow wife win.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2017-07-25 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    No. To sum it up: Hes a man who likes good looking women, who don't have a man haircut, and who aren't old, like most men. His wife is a gold digger who wants HALF of the money HE earned. She should settle for maybe 2 million and call it a day. Yes, he cheated. Clearly, he had cause to do so. No, she doesn't deserve 1/2 his money. This is why you don't get married without a prenuptial agreement. Good on him for choosing prison than to let his old ugly cow wife win.
    I can't roll my eyes hard enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Guy didn't sign a prenup, and then he went out and started a secret family. At the point he started getting thoughts of starting a secret family (and you can't say this was a "moment of weakness", he fucking had 3 kids and was going to get engaged to her along with other women) then he should have manned the fuck up and told her he wanted to separate.

If he doesn't pay he'll go right back to prison, so it won't be over once he's out in 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    so you think that regardless of what happens durring a marraige the wife deserves 50% of the males assets?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. A marriage is a partnership. Even when one partner earns most of the money, they are doing so while the other partner provides other things.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The joys of being human, I'd choose going to jail over paying a woman $10 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Yes. A marriage is a partnership. Even when one partner earns most of the money, they are doing so while the other partner provides other things.
    unless she can provide proof he forbade her from working its her fault she gave up those years, this isnt the 30s anymore, women are not forbidden from working. Sorry but alimony is the biggest crock of shit ever and the main reason marriages have declined and if they do happen a majority of people are getting prenups. Anyone who doesnt get one is a god damn fool.