Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will only be satisfied if Elune is revealed to be either A) a Light Lord, B) Azeroth's world soul, or C) Oprah.

If she's just a Naaru or Ancient or blah blah then pass. I won't support her and want my tithings back.

My question about this portion of the lore is: Where is the Aman'thul planet? Or are titans as we know them only in planet stage when they are nascent and eventually this planet will break apart (like an egg) to show a fully formed Azeroth within?
    They obviously become mobile once awakened. It's not like breaking out of an egg. The planets itself become titans like transforming robots in anime I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    They obviously become mobile once awakened. It's not like breaking out of an egg. The planets itself become titans like transforming robots in anime I guess.
    Which is kind of weird considering their spirits don't reflect any planet-like protrusions or rivers or mountains. They look like imperfect stone statues. If they can pick any form, why that.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    1. The moon doesn't amplify anything the most it can do is to reflect - The power of the sun god for example, the being who outranks Elune to be revealed in a later xpack. Elune never was a prime Light candidate anyways with the sun shining down.

2. If you question where daylight comes from try to look directly into the sun for an extended period of time.

3.Moonkin using Solar is just old design - at most they borrow the solar power or dabble in it.

4. I know what Alleria will turn into and since she is a mere high elf - the blood elves will counter that specifically by worshiping the sun since the battle against the void will awaken a newfound love for the Light in all races on Azeroth.
    There is no Sun God. If there is a Moon Goddess, don't you think they would have added him in for being so much more important than her?
    Fact is, they haven't and I never said Elune was a candidate for Light, I said several times Naaru are but that revelation could elevate her current standing of Moon Goddess which could be in itself a dupe as much as Illidan being dead in Black Temple was.

Really, it's funny you keep basing it on reality but throw "The Sun is bigger and a star therefore someone will come along and be better than Elune!". The lore doesn't do reality and that's where repeatedly from other people you keep ignoring. The sun has little relevance and that is obvious by Blizzard with their blatant willingness to not involve it on any regularity. If the Moon is one with Arcane as it's so often illustrated, they wouldn't just leave the Sun out for Light. You can add An'she to it as much as you want and will it into the lore further than what was placed in, but when Sunwalkers were added in Cataclysm nothing afterwards ever came even when we are seeing more and more lore attached to the reaches of Space.

The lore hasn't openly stated how daylight is done nor night actually for Azeroth and in fact the Warcraft Universe - it's just something not needing the explanation and assumed due to it's lack of importance. Referring back to reality modern science is something you are doing. As I said, if the Sun was actually involved then Blizzard would go out of their to do so but the lack of that doesn't make that concept to be true either.

Moonkins using Solar energy is not old design in any shape or form. They've still kept it in even after pruning and with the Class Halls which have made sure to tie in their specs closely to the lore fantasy, Moonkins with Solar and Lunar energy is very much a design they keep including and modernising, they are literally keeping and have done for the past 13 years. Don't you think with Class Halls they'd have thrown it to the wind already especially with Chronicles being the Bible to the franchise? They didn't and in fact kept it, even before Chronicles they added in Sunfire much later compared to Moonfire, which has stayed. After all it being old design, the artifact itself: Scythe of Elune has traits that directly bolster things like Sunfire itself and your Solar Wrath spells.

Also, Alleria isn't just some mere High Elf as much as Sylvanas is a mere Undead Blood Elf. The Blood Elves were using the Sunwell but Sunwell is a name sake, it has nothing to do with a cosmic body of the Sun - it was steeped in Light magic as much as the Nightwell was steeped in Arcane magic. Before it was reborn, the Blood Elves used a corrupted Naaru to help generate their powers as Blood Knights originally even though they forsook the Light, they still went back to it and what carries on the essence of those Paladins. Even then the Sunwell is dead as much as the Nightwell, they still use Light magic that is unattached to the Sun to be Paladins.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-25 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Which is kind of weird considering their spirits don't reflect any planet-like protrusions or rivers or mountains. They look like imperfect stone statues. If they can pick any form, why that.
    To not look weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's probably just antithetical to the Void Lords, with the suns and moons being her children.

People have been calling that since world souls and the Pantheon were given lore.
    And remain to be proven wrong

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    To not look weird.
    Have you seen the Pantheon before?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    She's probably just antithetical to the Void Lords, with the suns and moons being her children.
    Which raises even more questions when xalatath claims that old gods consider the naaru as lost siblings.
    I could not make anything out of it so i stopped there.
    Issue is that although in previous expansions we believed that everyone associated with Elune was actually nature-based there was also a branch of lore that lead to light powers (from priestesses to light shields and if i recall correctly Aviana - her trusted message carrier and spy- light cleansing demons ). And this is further explored during this expansion with the x'era family line.
    The fact remains that basicallly druids got elune associated spells and rituals whereas priests and paladins got none.
    So i cannot understand how they can associate her so strongly with the light to make her a lightlord and the exact opposite of the void.

People have been calling that since world souls and the Pantheon were given lore.

- - - Updated - - -

My question about this portion of the lore is: Where is the Aman'thul planet? Or are titans as we know them only in planet stage when they are nascent and eventually this planet will break apart (like an egg) to show a fully formed Azeroth within?
    There is no Aman'thul planet. HE is the planet.
    From Chronicles:

"When the titans finally awoke, they did so as living worlds. Cosmic winds howled across their gigantic forms, bodies shrouded in a cloak of stardust, skin crisscrossed with silvery mountain peaks and oceans shimmering with latent magic."
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    From Chronicles:

"When the titans finally awoke, they did so as living worlds. Cosmic winds howled across their gigantic forms, bodies shrouded in a cloak of stardust, skin crisscrossed with silvery mountain peaks and oceans shimmering with latent magic."
    Wonder what happened to the creatures on it when sargie gutted them in half ? do they still live on small parts of their destroyed land ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    From Chronicles:

It should always be kept in mind that in the end, Blizzard still needs to have a playable game. Lore accurate forms don't necessarily fit in with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Which raises even more questions when xalatath claims that old gods consider the naaru as lost siblings.
    I could not make anything out of it so i stopped there.
    Issue is that although in previous expansions we believed that everyone associated with Elune was actually nature-based there was also a branch of lore that lead to light powers (from priestesses to light shields and if i recall correctly Aviana - her trusted message carrier and spy- light cleansing demons ). And this is further explored during this expansion with the x'era family line.
    The fact remains that basicallly druids got elune associated spells and rituals whereas priests and paladins got none.
    So i cannot understand how they can associate her so strongly with the light to make her a lightlord and the exact opposite of the void.
    She could always end up related to Anshe and the other deities, and not necessarily be the mother of all deities. There are multiple gods or god-like forces they haven't addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You mean aside from her supposedly being Cenarius' mother?
    which I inform Cheze of almost immediately after that (did you stop reading and just rush to "correct"?). It appears that being the mother of Cenarius explains why druids use some Elune based spells, given her connection to both night elves and the father of druidsm, however none of her abilities are nature based. They are arcane or divine. When druids use Elune spells they are either using arcane or divine fuelled magic which often enough Priestesses of the Moon also can do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    There are two problems with Elune:

1.It's only the moon - the sun outranks the moon as the sun is the true source of Light, the moon merely reflects it. Where is a proper sun god in WoW?

2. Azeroth has two moons and a sun - If Mu'sha and An'she are the eyes of the Earth mother then, what is the Blue Child? Why is there so little mention of it? Is the blue child also Elune or the daughter of Elune or what exactly?
    I was struggling to answer until someone else pointed out the cinematic in which Elune reaches through the moon to lift Ysera's spirit into the stars and create a constellation - then it clicked.

The real question is how can Elune be a moon goddess if she seemingly has power over the moon, the sun, and the stars? I believe Elune is the conscious will of the cosmic force of Light, which is the only way I can explain her power over all sources of light in the Great Dark. If the relationship between Naaru and the Light is analogous to the Old Gods and the Void (minions), then Elune would be the cosmic complement to the Void Lords (masters)

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Tbh, I am pretty sure Elune is both the sun and the moon. The light has nothing to do with the sun.

Another very important clue to the "Elune = Azeroth" theory is that all Titans are somehow connected to Arcane magic. And which kind of Magic Elune bestowed upon her followers ? Yep.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Elune is connected to both the Titans and the Naaru, that's a fact. Beyond that, we don't know. It's speculated that she could be the Titan spirit of Azeroth (thus explaining why the Titans named one of the Pillars of Creation after her). But in addition to that, she apparently *created* Xe'ra. Or at least, Khadgar found a story that said so, and then the fact that the Tears of Elune unlocked Xe'ra's core seems to confirm it. But those seem to be contradictory. If Elune is the unborn Titan in Azeroth, then she couldn't have created anything. And yet, she is connected to the Titans somehow, because they named one of the Pillars after her.

The only thing that makes sense knowing all that is if Elune is something beyond both the Titans and the Naaru, and yet connected to both. Either way, there is a Titan/Naaru connection that we don't yet understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Elune is connected to both the Titans and the Naaru, that's a fact. Beyond that, we don't know. It's speculated that she could be the Titan spirit of Azeroth (thus explaining why the Titans named one of the Pillars of Creation after her). But in addition to that, she apparently *created* Xe'ra. Or at least, Khadgar found a story that said so, and then the fact that the Tears of Elune unlocked Xe'ra's core seems to confirm it. But those seem to be contradictory. If Elune is the unborn Titan in Azeroth, then she couldn't have created anything. And yet, she is connected to the Titans somehow, because they named one of the Pillars after her.

The only thing that makes sense knowing all that is if Elune is something beyond both the Titans and the Naaru, and yet connected to both. Either way, there is a Titan/Naaru connection that we don't yet understand.
    I think that you're quite on point with this. I don't think that she is Azeroth though, because Titans take the names of the world they came from. I think that she's as someone put it a couple posts ago the will of the cosmic force of light, or possibly arcane. We don't really know what arcane is though other than having a heavy connection with the titans and Elune. The titans oppose the void probably because the void is seen as disorder to them. Like how one titan altered Draenor to stop the element of spirit from consuming everything, they want to prevent the void from consuming everything. If she created the naaru(light) and is connected with the titans(arcane) than I don't think she's as simple is being the will of the light. Also where do the constellars fit in with all of this?

Elune is Eonar's sister.
    My name is what makes me so manly.