Poll: What Cherry MX keyswitch do you prefer for WoW?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Blues are just generally awful. Razer Switches are too.

The Silent Reds and Clears tend to be the best in my experience. It keeps noise down and it feels nice to use. If you are looking for specific prebuilt Keyboards I can direct you to those too.
    I noticed severe finger fatigue with Blues. Had to return 2 of the Razer Blackwidow V2 with the yellow switches because they were so bad. So much wiggle and just general looseness in the switch. Gateron or Cherry are the only way to go. Also, try the MX Silver if you like the red. Same actuation force, shorter actuation distance. Very nice to type and play on.

Quote Originally Posted by SenpaiDean View Post
    if you have a wife,
    for the sake of your marriage get Reds

Silent Red's like used on corsairs strafe rgb saved my life. My wife was going to kill me over the blues I was using.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    I noticed severe finger fatigue with Blues. Had to return 2 of the Razer Blackwidow V2 with the yellow switches because they were so bad. So much wiggle and just general looseness in the switch. Gateron or Cherry are the only way to go. Also, try the MX Silver if you like the red. Same actuation force, shorter actuation distance. Very nice to type and play on.
    Honestly I liked my original Widow from back in the day that used REAL Blues, but overtime my hands have aged pretty badly from gaming. Blues are just bad for hands, reds are fairly fatiguing too though @OP.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Honestly can't tell the difference aside from the click noise.
    There's a pretty substantial difference, but I only know the most common 6.

Red and Black: The key presses down and it comes back up. You feel nothing but a perfect sliding motion.
    Brown and Clear: The key presses down, and when it triggers, you feel a slight bump.
    Blue and Green: The clicky bastards. Same as Brown/Clear but also make an audible click noise.

As far as the topic goes though, that just depends on what you prefer. I don't think anything is 'better' for WoW but rather better for your own personal preferences and living conditions (i.e., DO NOT buy Blue/Green/any clicky ones if you live/work in an area where you need to be pretty quiet or live with others that will be annoyed by the sound). If you don't know, just buy a Cherry MX Switch Tester ahead of time. (it's also on Amazon)

I personally dislike Red/Black because it has no feedback but that's just me. I also DESPISE Blue/Green because there's no way I could handle the clicking (plus on a lot of my phone calls, my Browns are already being heard (and it annoys people) and the Blues/Greens would be even less stealthy).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

i 'm using speed with double-o-rings for the smaller bottom-out distance. it feels awesome.
    second on my list are browns/razer orange

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I have a Razer BlackWidow X (Tournament Editon). I don't know what switches that uses, but I really like them.
    Either Cherry MX Blue or Razer's own Razer Green switch (which is a lot like Cherry MX Blue to begin with, just registers the click .1 millimeter earlier), depending on model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    i 'm using speed with double-o-rings for the smaller bottom-out distance. it feels awesome.
    second on my list are browns/razer orange
    whoa now this sounds interesting. think ima grab a speed k95 and test her out

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    whoa now this sounds interesting. think ima grab a speed k95 and test her out
    got a razer orbweaver with orange switches that i even tripple-o-ringed, because the 4mm bottom-out is too deep.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverlife View Post
    I use the Logitech Romer-G switches, which are pretty much just MX-Browns
    Yep, selected other. I have a G910. The switches feel a lot better than the MX Browns on my old G710+ (that keyboard is now my work keyboard). This one is definitely superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Yep, selected other. I have a G910. The switches feel a lot better than the MX Browns on my old G710+ (that keyboard is now my work keyboard). This one is definitely superior.
    in what way?

Im using a Corsair K70 Red. Quite happy with it, though the keys took some time to adjust to after swapping from my trusty Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000.

I'm using an Eagletec Kg010,it's a cheap as hell no frills board with Blues and I love gaming on this thing. I also have an oddball ortholinear board with Cherry ML switches that I'm going to be trying as soon as Amazon ships my Teensy LC so I can convert it to a sane key arrangement.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has heavy hands and no prob w/ actuation I prefer blue's as everything else feels too soft. I've been rocking a Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Blue's for a while and anytime I have to use another KB I hate it. As others have said it's a clicky bastard but that was a selling point to me, reminded me of the old IBM KB's we had in schools in the late 80's-90's. Def go to a store where you can press the keys, videos are a great starting point but trust me try the keys out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I'm also looking for a new mechanical KB and wonder, which one is most suited for WoW, and especially for situations where you press buttons very often (play a GCD locked spec). I've been using Cherry MX Blues for about an year now. The KB was fine at first and I like the clicking noise, but lately it has become way too heavy to press the buttons repeatedly. I need to use so much force to press them (maybe it's on me but I just think Blues have too much traction and feedback for WoW)

I have my eyes on Cherry MX Reds this time, if they truly are much smoother and have no feedback like Blues? I rarely play anything else with KB than just WoW and type a bit so should I go for MX Browns instead?

My current KB is Hyperx Alloy FPS (Blue) by Kingston, which I bought pretty much blind, now I have my eyes on Corsair Strafe (Red), if you have experience on exact same keyboards.

Noticed only now that this thread is in General Discussion, should it be in the computer subforum?
    blue actually need very little force to be registered.
    Cherry are very very light imho, and yes they are linear, no click, no tactile feedback at all.
    I would suggest you brown or black.

As for their life duration they should last a LOT so you shouldnt be worried that you will be "spamming" some buttons

i've used brown for the last 2 years or so and it's been fine

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Spamming the keys is exactly my "issue" as some of the MX Blue keys already have different feel than other less used keys. I think I'm looking for something with minimum feedback so I guess MX Red is still the way to go. I could try Blacks but they seem to be more rarely available than your usual Red/Brown/Blue switches.

Are MX Red so light that they already register (or press down) when you rest your hand on the keys? Then they would be too light for me..
    my very fav switches are black ... so i'm biased, but ye reds are very easy to press, i can type on them as you would duno imagine someone playing a piano barely touching letters. While on blacks you actually need to click ... in games i like to bottom out.

They seem heavy at first, but after 1 2 month's of use they "normlize" and for me its just perfect ....

You can also make next step and "Lube them" or add rings and other modifications. Duno mate imho black are great ... But they are slightly heavier then reds :|

I've been using reds for a few years and absolutely hate them. They're way too soft and misclick the wrong button all the time.

Deleted
    I've got a ducky shine 3 with brown switches - don't want to live without them anymore.