Poll: Should MoP Challenge Mode gear make a comeback

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I dont want the same armors back.
    I want new ones. Different armors, not the same ones released in MoP.
    The concept of Challenge Mode Gears with epic new animations seized to exist, i dont know why.
    Ya no... I'm not really buyin it. Good sell tho...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Ya no... I'm not really buyin it. Good sell tho...
    What?

I'm very big on the argument of prestige.
    If the items come back to the game and are easy to get they are no longer prestigious.
    I typed in BIG ASS LETTERS on the first post "NOT THE SAME ARMOR, DIFFERENT ONES!

10+ Year Old Account
    What?

I'm very big on the argument of prestige.
    If the items come back to the game and are easy to get they are no longer prestigious.
    I typed in BIG ASS LETTERS on the first post "NOT THE SAME ARMOR, DIFFERENT ONES!
    I still think it cheapens your (skewed) perspective on prestige and exclusivity. Even if I disagreed with it, now it seems like you just pick and choose and decide when, where, and how the game and its developers should cater to your "needs", putting you in the same category as those other pariah you blame for your problems.

Well, WoD's CM weapons were shared account wide, I can't see why MoP's armor shouldn't be too.

And for the special snowflakes claiming bragging rights. each run costed about 10k each if you didn't care to gear up for the challenge.

Deleted
    I still think it cheapens your (skewed) perspective on prestige and exclusivity. Even if I disagreed with it, now it seems like you just pick and choose and decide when, where, and how the game and its developers should cater to your "needs", putting you in the same category as those other pariah you blame for your problems.
    Then explain to me how tha hell does a game developer create an "epic quest for unique rewards" if everyone and their mothers have the item.....

Must be with magic

10+ Year Old Account
    Then explain to me how tha hell does a game developer create an "epic quest for unique rewards" if everyone and their mothers have the item.....

Must be with magic
    Epic gameplay. It has nothing to do with exclusive rewards... its about the experience getting to the end.

Let me ask you something. Since every xpac has at least one poop quest. If you were the first to complete said poop quest and there was a single reward for the very first person to complete it... like the black AQ mount, and it was a golden turd hat... would that be epic? If you're being rational the answer is no.

So what in the fucking heavens makes you think that your shiny mythic purples make you worthy of envy?

I'd say put them on the BMAH as complete ensembles. Not a fan of Blizzard taking things out of the game personally. Also think they should make T3 on the BMAH complete ensembles.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Ok Question for you, Should you get to use them next Expac, because... you claim Transmogging old gear, devalues the new gear of an Expac.
    Once gotten you should be able to tmog indefinitely imo. But access to aquiring them gets locked after the xpac ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    They made Tier 3 available to peasants, so I do think CM and elite gear should be made available again, it's only fair.

Thank god nobody can obtain the true corrupted ashbringer anymore though, I got that going for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    They made Tier 3 available to peasants, so I do think CM and elite gear should be made available again, it's only fair.

Thank god nobody can obtain the true corrupted ashbringer anymore though, I got that going for me.
    Prove it.

Whip it out... whip it out.

Deleted
    Epic gameplay. It has nothing to do with exclusive rewards... its about the experience getting to the end.

Let me ask you something. Since every xpac has at least one poop quest. If you were the first to complete said poop quest and there was a single reward for the very first person to complete it... like the black AQ mount, and it was a golden turd hat... would that be epic? If you're being rational the answer is no.
    LoL, "it's not about the reward", ofcourse for many people is "about the reward", that's what makes the quest EPIC. The prestige of a reward.

Now that you gave me the example of the "shit terd reward" let me give you other example to prove that it's not about "the experience"

If Blizzard creates a epic challenge and the reward is the most epic shoulders of all time.
    Blizzard also made those exact same shoulders available for 1 silver in a vendor.

EPIC QUEST MY ***, the exact same shoulders are being sold for 1 silver in friggin Stormwind/Orgrimmar. How can that be a "epic experience"? Are you crazy?

edit: And oh, btw, that shit turd u talked about would be prestigious as hell anyway.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-26 at 12:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Prove it.

Whip it out... whip it out.
    Careful, the mods might ban us if we go too far
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

- - - Updated - - -

I respect the exclusivity.

But calling anyone who didn't do it on their own merits lazy, bad, or entitled... just isn't right or fair. I didn't get em either... but that's because I'm a cheap ass and I wasn't about to pay some elitist prick to hold my hand through it. I didn't get em done in time I accept that.

The fuk is that picture for anyway?

15+ Year Old Account
    Challenge modes are dead since m+. If you want something exclusive, try the challenge artifact skins.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL, "it's not about the reward", ofcourse for many people is "about the reward", that's what makes the quest EPIC. The prestige of a reward.

Now that you gave me the example of the "shit terd reward" let me give you other example to prove that it's not about "the experience"

If Blizzard creates a epic challenge and the reward is the most epic shoulders of all time.
    Blizzard also made those exact same shoulders available for 1 silver in a vendor.

EPIC QUEST MY ***, the exact same shoulders are being sold for 1 silver in friggin Stormwind/Orgrimmar. How can that be a "epic experience"? Are you crazy?

edit: And oh, btw, that shit turd u talked about would be prestigious as hell anyway.
    You're wrong though. Because the people that matter... the ones they should be making content for are those that would do the epic quest anyway. Also don't confuse epic with difficult. Something doesn't need to be ridiculously challenging to be epic.

Its when the content isn't fun or exciting that people simply choose the easiest route. Those people get their reward and bail. Those that actually enjoy the experience continue playing long after any reward has been had.

Deleted
    You're wrong though. Because the people that matter... the ones they should be making content for are those that would do the epic quest anyway. Also don't confuse epic with difficult. Something doesn't need to be ridiculously challenging to be epic.

Its when the content isn't fun or exciting that people simply choose the easiest route. Those people get their reward and bail. Those that actually enjoy the experience continue playing long after any reward has been had.
    I also don't agree with "many unique rewards to the top 1%"

I think Challenge mode was a good midle ground where many people had the chance to do them, with nomalised stats and all.

It created a epic quest for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Challenge modes are dead since m+. If you want something exclusive, try the challenge artifact skins.
    That shouldn't preclude them from adding other exclusive items.

I did them on two characters. If they do anything I'd say maybe letting you have them all if you got the chieve back in the day but again that wouldn't be fair to guys like my guildy who did it on every character. Got his rogue done the last night they were up.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungrungrun View Post
    The rules were pretty clear tho, so it was your call to clear it only on your main and not on other classes that you liked the set's look of.
    And yet they went back on their word as well. I didn't know that if you got one Phoenix, you got them all. I also was under the impression they are not account-wide as well. And look where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Hmm.. so finding 5 people who wanted to wade through the learning curves to overcome it was hard?

Commonly thrown around among the people whom missed out. It's easier to say "Lol, people just bought carries!" and feel better I suppose...

A lot of people that struggled were dead set on only playing their usual role, when so many classes could go as more than just DPS though. I did 4 sets with 1 team where we changed classes and specs around, the remaining sets I got through reaching out beyond my own 2 servers (and language) and 4 different teams. Teams worked best when the players were willing to compromise on and learn new roles/specs.

It's about a epic quest. There can only be a epic quest if you get an item not many people have
    It's no longer a epic quest if EVERYONE has said thing.
    This is an interesting point of view. Are artifacts no longer epic because everyone has them? Would they suddenly become epic if Blizzard made them unavailable after Legion is done?

That's what creates memorable moments.
    What creates memorable moments is the experience of being there​. Of being part of the moment, not the trinket you get at the end.

Here's a good example: I have the tabard from the firat wow opening of the dark portal. If someone was able to go and get that tabard today, do you really think it would lessen my experience of fighting​ on a pvp server so much the entire ground was covered in skeletons? Would it really detract from the experience of exploring outland in the opening week of the first expansion?

If you really believe in the prestigious status of having legitimately done MoP CMs when they we're current, you also wouldn't care if Blizzard was able to re-release the armor sets under similar difficulty. Why? Because it wouldn't change the value of your experience. Nothing can change that.

And btw, yes, you are "entitled"
    "Believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment."

Your ENTITLEMENT is so BIG you want to erase a epic quest for prestige. A fun game within a game just to fulfill your needs.
    You sir are the entitled one here. Not the other way around. LoL, most people worked for those armors. You want those armors for free. You are the entitled one
    You only think that about me because you aren't actually comprehending what im saying. Quote me where I said I wanted the armor sets for free, or for it to be easy to get.

All I want is for the barrier to obtain the armor sets​ to change from "must have played during MoP" to "must overcome high-difficulty content". Adjusting the scope from being limited by a sub during MoP to being limited by skillful play.

If you think that point of view is based on entitlement or laziness, then I don't think we have any grounds for discussion.