Steed can be also instantly canceled if you use it in tight spot, where you touch a ceiling with your head, wasting cd and sometimes maybe life. Speed of Light/Long Arm of the Light ftw

Deleted
    get spenders lowering the cd of the horse at least

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You can also cast during steed
    As if it matters.
    But you can be slowed during it as well.

Wwalk > than Derpony there is no arguing over it.
    IF you PvPed you'd knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We were arguing from a pve perspective though.
    from Dragonslaying perspective they are equally awful and easily, really really, incredibly easily trampled by Heroic Leap.
    from PvP PoV, WWalk is infinity times ten better.

Newest PTR patch notes seem to indicate that they're pushing damage out of Avenging Wrath/Crusade and into more stable damage. Small changes, but they're trying something with it:

Retribution Paladin: Increases damage/healing of Blade of Justice, Consecration, Crusader Strike, Eye for an Eye, Judgment, Justicar's Vengeance, Wake of Ashes, Zeal by 20% 27%. Increases periodic damage/healing of Execution Sentence and Wake of Ashes by 20% 27%. Increases damage/healing of Flash of Light by 42%. Increases power cost of Flash of Light by 22%. Increases damage/healing of Crusader Strike and Judgment by 13%. Increases damage/healing of Consecration by 100%. Paladin - Retribution Spec.
    Wrath of the Ashbringer (Rank 8) Increases the duration of Avenging Wrath by 20.0 sec. 16.0 sec.

7% dmg buff on top of 10% BoJ/CS and mastery tweak for cost of 0.5sec wings and 1% DS dmg each trait? I'm ok with that (especially since our hidden slap dmg buff passive increases DS dmg anyway and new mastery gives ~4% more DS dmg so no nerf to DS rly).

For the t21 tier I think they don't know how make 4p compete against t20 4p, which in my opinion its still better (especially with BoW) and I would do Judg reduced hp by 2 to be equal or, which would be a little op, Judg reduces cost of spenders for lets say 4sec.
    Last edited by Shavier; 2017-07-25 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Well... we'll see where things fall.

I was happy for a moment and then i saw the nerfs.

This does lower the value of liadrins and chain of thrain.

I wonder if cape and highlord will become BiS...

Hate the ES buff aswell. Please let it not be the best one in the tier...
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-07-25 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    from wowhead it says they removed the chain of thrayn effect completely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, okay, they are nerfing Avenging Wrath / Crusade. That's fine if we get more overall DpS (which we are at the moment, so that's something).

Now, are they going to do something about Holy Wrath or not...? ;_:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    from wowhead it says they removed the chain of thrayn effect completely.
    I just been in the PTR. Chain is unchanged. It still does the 10% damage during crusade (i tested aswell to be sure the effect was still in place and it was). So, i think it was something on wowhead's end.

Retribution proc (the one where someone dies) is still in the game?

The T21 4P seems pretty weak actually. I could see them bumping it up to 2 less (or maybe even a full spender, but maybe that would be a bit much) without any balance issue. Execution Sentence buff is pretty logical and I may try it out, though I'd rather have seen talented spenders be affected by traits and echos, it's better than nothing. Crusader Strike buff is just the hotfix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    Newest PTR patch notes seem to indicate that they're pushing damage out of Avenging Wrath/Crusade and into more stable damage. Small changes, but they're trying something with it:

Retribution Paladin: Increases damage/healing of Blade of Justice, Consecration, Crusader Strike, Eye for an Eye, Judgment, Justicar's Vengeance, Wake of Ashes, Zeal by 20% 27%. Increases periodic damage/healing of Execution Sentence and Wake of Ashes by 20% 27%. Increases damage/healing of Flash of Light by 42%. Increases power cost of Flash of Light by 22%. Increases damage/healing of Crusader Strike and Judgment by 13%. Increases damage/healing of Consecration by 100%. Paladin - Retribution Spec.
    Wrath of the Ashbringer (Rank 8) Increases the duration of Avenging Wrath by 20.0 sec. 16.0 sec.
    Well that's actually pretty interesting. So each rank is 2 seconds then. I suspect this is done to make the relic slot system more balanced for Ret in general, because it looks like you could get extra AW relic traits through it if you get lucky. This also could put BoJ relics in parity with AW relics.

EDIT: On second thought, AW relics will probably win out at the same ilvl, but it won't be by as much.

Also, they nerfed the Divine Storm relic? That seems pretty random.
    Last edited by Reith; 2017-07-26 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The T21 4P seems pretty weak actually. I could see them bumping it up to 2 less (or maybe even a full spender, but maybe that would be a bit much) without any balance issue. Execution Sentence buff is pretty logical and I may try it out, though I'd rather have seen talented spenders be affected by traits and echos, it's better than nothing. Crusader Strike buff is just the hotfix.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's actually pretty interesting. So each rank is 2 seconds then. I suspect this is done to make the relic slot system more balanced for Ret in general, because it looks like you could get extra AW relic traits through it if you get lucky. This also could put BoJ relics in parity with AW relics.

EDIT: On second thought, AW relics will probably win out at the same ilvl, but it won't be by as much.

Also, they nerfed the Divine Storm relic? That seems pretty random.
    its weird people are getting super excited about these changes, I mean its not like our role of sticking on the bosses ass 24/7 is going to change so it isn't going to increase of decrease our dmg all that much. Hell the duration of Crusade nerf will probably be a overall nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    its weird people are getting super excited about these changes, I mean its not like our role of sticking on the bosses ass 24/7 is going to change so it isn't going to increase of decrease our dmg all that much. Hell the duration of Crusade nerf will probably be a overall nerf.
    I'm not getting super excited. It's just a nice change of pace that they're actually doing something more than just a 3% damage buff.

The only thing I am happy to see is the new tier set bonuses because those look actually good. Might make mastery worth a damn because that means better scaling.

Not sure why they would nerf the wings duration though : /

Deleted
    Ret spec after a visit by the devs everytime looks more like the toilet of a bar at closing time on a Saturday night.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    The only thing I am happy to see is the new tier set bonuses because those look actually good. Might make mastery worth a damn because that means better scaling.

Well really that was one of the only nerfs that they could from a "safety" perspective. Nerfing the damage as was proven during the beta made it worthless after a certain point so duration is really the only course left.

That being said with something as delicate as Crusade, I would have preferred them coming out with a dev post saying what they are intending to do with it and how they plan on adding that back in the spec through other means. Likely this will be the case in the 7.35 ptr since really 7.3 effects what would be farm content for the vast majority but could still happen in this cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post

The 4 set tier bonus is pretty meh. They could be nerfing AW relics because we could end up with a 45 second wings with the netherlight crucible thing. Keep in mind they also added what would translate to a 5% flat buff to all our damage as well.

Deleted
    I wouldn't count on that 2 set staying at 60%. It's pretty OP with Greater judgment. With live numbers you would get 10M+ from one judgment if you hit 4 targets. If we started stacking mastery, much more even.

4piece... Wanna throw up. how much longer will we get sets that affect HP generation/spending...
    cant they come up with something just a little more interesting?

2piece, would the damage be applied to the buff of Judgement to HP spenders as well?

Ds nerf... Great... Just what we need, aoe nerf....

And finally - i really, REALLY hope that the netherlight crucible does not stack us more wota.

Unless they do more Sisters style fights in antorus, having to stick to bosses balls at all times is not going to be fun in high movement bosses
    Last edited by killwithpwr; 2017-07-26 at 05:10 AM.

Madness will consume you!!!