Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Westfall is probably the closest but true we've had no wild west theme. Can't imagine how it would fit into WoW but I'd be game for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    But this entire thread is about a setting and theme, that's what the focus should be on. If you want to broad stroke it then there's very little that could be added from anything.
    it doesn't help that the definition for the word is interchangeable with all the other words for 'bar' and still be true. Like getting upset that we don't play thieves we play rogues...

Whether it's a cantina, bar, tavern, pub, club, saloon, speak easy, etc... if it's a work of fiction there is booze, there are tasks shared and there's always a mysterious stranger in the corner.

On second thought, this would be a cool theme, but I don't see how we could wrap it into an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    On second thought, this would be a cool theme, but I don't see how we could wrap it into an expansion.
    Perhaps a broadly themed expansion, instead of a focused one.
    Hell, I think it would be cool if they could skip the themed expansion thing now and just do periods of certain themed content that aren't limited to all the same duration.

I mean, it could have been in Vanilla, a craggy canyon desert/jungle area with some cowboyish towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    You do know that Chen pre-dates those movies right?
    Chen has been around since the 1930s? I was not aware of that.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Chen has been around since the 1930s? I was not aware of that.
    Referring to kung fu panda. not every kung fu movie and I'd argue it's more eastern mythology rather than kung fu that inspired most of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Referring to kung fu panda.
    I know that's what he meant, but that's not what the person he quoted said.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

I think they could pull off a wild west if it was on a new planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    I know that's what he meant, but that's not what the person he quoted said.
    That poster is less than well informed in my opinion... it was about as inspired by kung fu movies as Wrath was inspired by Norse Mythology.

If it were an entire expansion based on kung fu movies we'd have had some sort of tournament... where the powers of the world would be gathered to determine the fate of things to come... but that sounds more like Trial of the Grand Crusader rather than anything like the various tiers in MoP.

Deleted
    Story "World of Warcraft : Exile" : After the spacial rift between Argus and Azeroth has been closed by our heroes, a shock wave happened and brought on Azeroth a terrible drought...

Several clans had to temporarily take refuge on the hidden face of Azeroth, where the shock wave from the Argus' Rift didn't hit.

To go into exile in the hidden face of Azeroth, we'll need :
    - Build a ship
    - Recruit our crew
    - Settle our base in the new 110-120 Far West themed zone
    - Fight some new threats

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    That poster is less than well informed in my opinion... it was about as inspired by kung fu movies as Wrath was inspired by Norse Mythology.

If it were an entire expansion based on kung fu movies we'd have had some sort of tournament... where the powers of the world would be gathered to determine the fate of things to come... but that sounds more like Trial of the Grand Crusader rather than anything like the various tiers in MoP.
    Sounds a bit like timeless isle to me, with the august celestials gathering to test the exceptional mortals and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    There just needs to be a huge steampunk spider dungeon
    There was, its called Gnomeregan. :P
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Sounds a bit like timeless isle to me, with the august celestials gathering to test the exceptional mortals and so on.
    I didn't say it wasn't timeless isles... I was pointing out that for this expansion that was almost 'entirely' kung fu... it has about as much as other expansions.

Hell, the tounrament shit in MoP wasn't even part of the main story and could be entirely avoided. A few quests that weren't mandatory (unless you view loremaster as such). Now yes there was an obvious east asian theme going on in every nook and cranny of the expansion... kung fu though? not so much

What if they did a southern continent that was on the equator (80% desert/20% jungle)?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    What if they did a southern continent that was on the equator (80% desert/20% jungle)?
    About the only place they could fit that would be opposite the Maelstrom. Though if it is on the equator, it isn't really southern, is it? Would probably be to humid for a desert, too.