Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    "Freedom" kind-of IS our trademark. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star-Spangled_Banner "While the land of the free is the home of the brave." I mean, July 4th pretty much shoves the word "Freedom" down our throats everywhere you go. The ignorant talk and preach about how America is so "free" even though tons of countries in the world actually have more "freedoms" than we do.
    Umm no. This is just you with the vantage point of being in the well. There are nations with more freedoms than the US, but certainly not "tons" like you exaggeratedly posit.

I'm not saying I wanted to learn that in school, I'm saying I didn't have the option. There are tons of private schools that teach these things, how come I didn't have the option to learn it? Because it's not interesting to the majority? So what?
    The fact you said there are "tons of private schools" that teach these things already means you just self-defeated your argument that these options don't exist.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The fact you said there are "tons of private schools" that teach these things already means you just self-defeated your argument that these options don't exist.
    This is just in NYC. https://coursehorse.com/nyc/classes/...iques/butchery

A lot of them are repeats, but there are, in fact, several.

Freedom is the right of every sentient being.....Optimus Prime.

This is just in NYC. https://coursehorse.com/nyc/classes/...iques/butchery

A lot of them are repeats, but there are, in fact, several.
    Exactly, so why you are whining incessantly there aren't options in the US to pick up fringe classes?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Exactly, so why you are whining incessantly there aren't options in the US to pick up fringe classes?
    Because I had to learn four years of useless material before I was allowed to pursue something I wanted to do. With the way "GO TO COLLEGE" is shoved down our throats, "Get a GED and pursue a career you want. We'll even help you start!" is, sadly, something that is not. When I was in school, most teachers made a GED sound like a "lesser" diploma.

This "go to college" mentality is a lot of the reason we're so far in debt. School is undeniably only preparing you for a future they want from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    People place a lot of value on individual freedom, especially here in America. But honestly most people use their freedom in shitty ways that either hurt others, ruin the environment, or hurts themselves.

I have wondered before if many Americans or people world wide are even worthy of the freedom that they have at all?
    Seems you are using your 'freedom' to advocate for hurting others, why shouldn't you be stripped of yours?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because they are too stupid to and irresponsible freedom for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

You are glad many people use their individual freedom irresponsibly and ignorantly?
    Do you own a mirror?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Because I had to learn four years of useless material before I was allowed to pursue something I wanted to do. With the way "GO TO COLLEGE" is shoved down our throats, "Get a GED and pursue a career you want. We'll even help you start!" is, sadly, something that is not. When I was in school, most teachers made a GED sound like a "lesser" diploma.

This "go to college" mentality is a lot of the reason we're so far in debt. School is undeniably only preparing you for a future they want from you.
    Sorry they did the right thing and restricted your freedom to make bad life choices until you were an age that could somewhat be considered an adult. "Boo fucking hoo, my oppressive tyrannical fascist daddy and mummy don't let me do things like visit nightclubs and drive cool cars into a lamppost until I am of age."

As for college, it's your own problem if you blindly went along with it in the age of easily accessible information and internet. For someone who's whining about lack of freedom, you sure don't seem to want the freedom to think and search for answers for yourself.

Sorry they did the right thing and restricted your freedom to make bad life choices until you were an age that could somewhat be considered an adult. "Boo fucking hoo, my oppressive tyrannical fascist daddy and mummy don't let me do things like visit nightclubs and drive cool cars into a lamppost until I am of age."

As for college, it's your own problem if you blindly went along with it in the age of easily accessible information and internet. For someone who's whining about lack of freedom, you sure don't seem to want the freedom to think and search for answers for yourself.
    Wait, what? How would dropping out of school 2 years early, getting a GED, and pursuing a career that actually interested me, a bad decision? If that was something school promoted as a future life choice I would likely be doing something far different than I am right now.

For the record, I didn't go to college (And I'm glad I didn't, I almost did though), and I hate nightclubs.

Wait, what? How would dropping out of school 2 years early, getting a GED, and pursuing a career that actually interested me, a bad decision? If that was something school promoted as a future life choice I would likely be doing something far different than I am right now.

For the record, I didn't go to college (And I'm glad I didn't, I almost did though), and I hate nightclubs.
    Yeah, when I was young, I was also genuinely interested in being Dora the Explorer, I wonder why my parents and authority figures stopped and counseled me out of it. /rolleyesharder

Yeah, when I was young, I was also genuinely interested in being Dora the Explorer, I wonder why my parents and authority figures stopped and counseled me out of it. /rolleyesharder
    You think people haven't decided if they like school or not when they're 16? I wasn't emotionally mature at 16, but I absolutely knew that I wasn't interested in anything they were teaching me. PS: That didn't change 2 years later.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2017-07-26 at 09:14 AM.

You think people haven't decided if they like school or not when they're 16? I wasn't emotionally mature at 16, but I absolutely knew that I wasn't interested in anything they were teaching me. PS: That didn't change 2 years later.
    Yeah, yeah you rubbed your pubescent teenager crystal ball and saw that future. When I was in elementary school I believed I was Harry Potter incarnate too, so I totally get you.

Yeah, yeah you rubbed your pubescent teenager crystal ball and saw that future. When I was in elementary school I believed I was Harry Potter incarnate too, so I totally get you.
    Maybe you should tell the government it's disgusting for making the age of consent 16 in the majority of states.

16 is old enough to give consent for sex but not old enough to decide school isn't for you? OK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_o..._North_America

Maybe you should tell the government it's disgusting for making the age of consent 16 in the majority of states.

16 is old enough to give consent for sex but not old enough to decide school isn't for you? OK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_o..._North_America
    "People told me gambling is bad, but look I got lucky won the jackpot so this means I am right and they suck nyahaha!"

Some people have this really bizarre notion that getting lucky after making bad decisions somehow excuse said bad decisions from being bad.

"People told me gambling is bad, but look I got lucky won the jackpot so this means I am right and they suck nyahaha!"

Some people have this really bizarre notion that getting lucky after making bad decisions somehow excuse said bad decisions from being bad.
    What about the reverse? "I went to college and became an accountant, but now I can't get a job as an accountant. I'm working the same middle class job as this other guy, except I have $70 less per week because I'm going to be paying on this college loan for the next 10-15 years."

As we can clearly see in society right now, there are a lot of people who went to college and don't have a job in what they went to college for. I work with several of these people at my job, actually. At age 16, 18, or even 29 (How old I am now), I still feel the same way about highschool. I didn't like it, and it wasn't for me. I did end up dropping out 4 months before I would've graduated, because I learned a GED is literally the same thing.
    Last edited by Zafire; 2017-07-26 at 09:45 AM.

What about the reverse? "I went to college and became an accountant, but now I can't get a job as an accountant. I'm working the same middle class job as this other guy, except I have $70 less per week because I'm going to be paying on this college loan for the next 10-15 years."

As we can clearly see in society right now, there are a lot of people who went to college and don't have a job in what they went to college for. I work with several of these people at my job, actually. At age 16, 18, or even 29 (How old I am now), I still feel the same way about highschool. I didn't like it, and it wasn't for me. I did end up dropping out 4 months before I would've graduated, because I learned a GED is literally the same thing.
    That is basically the same warped reasoning compulsive gamblers use to justify their addiction.

Just because nothing in this world is guaranteed doesn't mean gambling with your livelihood on the line with awfully low odds compared to other safer options is ever a good idea.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2017-07-26 at 12:45 PM.

How meaningful is world peace if only one mind is allowed to exist?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Worthy? Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Live and let live.

You came up with this from watching a cartoon? Oh wait, you're from Cali....never mind, that explains things and your lefty fantasy.

In this episode of Rick and Morty an entity takes over the brains of people on an entire planet and converts them into a hive mind. They are completely stripped of their individual freedom, but the collective thought actually allows for world peace to be attained.

People place a lot of value on individual freedom, especially here in America. But honestly most people use their freedom in shitty ways that either hurt others, ruin the environment, or hurts themselves.

I have wondered before if many Americans or people world wide are even worthy of the freedom that they have at all?
    Everybody likes their freedom because we are aware of it. If we were a hivemind like that, we would be happy without having a concept of individual freedom, we would all live a better life in some kind of "ignorance is bliss" mindset and the world would be a better place to live. Most people don't agree with that because they don't have the ability to think outside what they know. There is literally no practical use for individual freedom, it's basically something that makes people feel comfortable knowing they have control in their life.