Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is yourself.

If you aren't enjoying the game, maybe you just need to move on and play another game.

If you don't play the game currently, what is your biggest problem with WoW atm? What would get you to come back?
    so true,
    If I don't like it I shouldn't play

Deleted
    My biggest problem with WoW atm is the story.
    I like the Horde i dont care about Anduin, Velen or Khadgar so dont make me interact with them 24/7.

So i rly hope we soon get back to war and leave this whole peace crap behind.
    Because i am pretty done to feel like being part of a red Alliance instead of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post

Because i am pretty done to feel like being part of a red Alliance instead of the Horde.

Horde turned into a red alliance right after BC launched

I find it funny the people complaining about the RNG legendaries are the same ones who complain about missing vanilla and meaningful grinds. You can grind out all your legos in 2-3 months, in vanilla it was a similar amount of time to grind out your BiS gear to get into the later raids (AQ/Naxx). Furthermore if you do happen to get lucky and get your BiS ones early the grind is way shorter, just like if you got lucky with drops in vanilla the gearing process was also shorter. Like what is so RNG about the system you have 12 to get and you can get 1 a week if you actually grind. Such hypocracy saying you want the game the old grindy way and have to work for gear, they actually put that in the game and then you complain about it, I really don't understand this.

Deleted
    AP grinding and RNG legendaries. The two things that soil this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I like the Horde i dont care about Anduin, Velen or Khadgar so dont make me interact with them 24/7.

So i rly hope we soon get back to war and leave this whole peace crap behind.
    Go back to war? What war? There will always be a common enemy and because of player factions no one will kill anyone completely, no progress will ever be made. That is what you want to go back to? I'd rather end the charade.

Quote Originally Posted by VarianceWoW View Post
    I find it funny the people complaining about the RNG legendaries are the same ones who complain about missing vanilla and meaningful grinds.
    How do you know they're the same players?

Overall I'm actually fairly happy with WoW/Legion. Granted I'm not actively raiding so that probably affects my opinions. That said if there are two bigs things that I would argue I don't like.

1. Faction Barriers: This shouldn't still be a thing, let people play with whoever they want regardless of race. People have been playing for coming on 13 years, I've made friends with people on both sides and have characters on both sides. Let us group with whoever we want, we are doing the exact same dungeons and raids. There are like maybe 4 or 5 out of hundreds of bosses that are different, and in those few scenarios, they are pretty much just texture swaps. It's not needed and the logic for continuing the faction conflict gets worse and worse. The only time it was decent was MoP, but even then it was the "player Horde" vs Garrosh's Horde so the Horde vs Alliance dynamic was more "Garrosh's Horde vs Alliance."

Besides that though the conflict anymore is just contrived, repetitive and inconsistent. More than half the time we are allied in Lore anyways, when we're not we are just subject to the whims of whatever character we mindlessly follow because the game said so. In Legion as a Horde DK who started in Stromheim, I went from helping Sylvanas and being one of her greatest champions to instantly betraying her to break a captive out of the Undercity with a normally Alliance aligned Human DKs help. Then proceeded pretty much not think about the faction "war" at all for the rest of Legion as it has zero relevance to the overarching story of the expansion.

For the record, I'm not saying they need to remove factions or allow Dwarves on the Horde and Blood Elves on the Alliance. But when it comes to things like guilds and PVE content there is no reason to restrict those. While we're at it, how about instead of awkwardly forcing the faction conflict into the PVE narrative develop an actual PVP narrative.

2. 20 Man Mythic: This one I honestly completely understand Blizzard's logic. From a development side of things, it makes much more sense to make the highest tier content have some consistency. However, it also killed my interest in doing high-end raiding. My favorite raiding was always with a smaller, tightly knit group. So I can't complain about this one too much but the reality is it's probably the biggest reason I don't raid. I know I could just join a similar Heroic group, but my experiences in the past show that these usually fall apart or get absorbed into a bigger group because there are people who want to progress as far as possible.

The ultimate Class overpowerment. I mean a mage takes ages to be made a powerful force. A Pally is a strong competitor at level 40. For example, as a level 32 pally, I overpowered a level 39 mage. This is unfair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    AP grinding and RNG legendaries. The two things that soil this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Go back to war? What war? There will always be a common enemy and because of player factions no one will kill anyone completely, no progress will ever be made. That is what you want to go back to? I'd rather end the charade.
    I wish that we could have it like the Pandarens for every race. Every race is on the same side for a few levels then you just join a side. You know?
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    is that i don't have time to play due to real life taking too much time
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

I miss gathering currency to get gear instead of this randomness. I feel aimless nowadays. It is too abstract.

Also miss "caring" for my gear with gems, enchants and reforging. Felt like it was my gear and it was here to stay for at least a little while instead of being tossed away a few hours later.

No, actually. My problem isn't myself.
    I rather enjoy the game itself and always have, a little more, a little less with the ebb and flow.

My issue is with other people.
    We have so many tools infront of us to make this game amazing,
    but it all comes down to the people who use them to do it.

People are often rude and abusive.
    Just offer each other a little decency.
    You don't need to be the nicest guy on the planet.
    But most of us, (all of us I'd hope), are just trying to have fun.
    WoW is a serious game for sure but it's still a game.
    It's meant to take effort but it's also meant to be enjoyable.

Put a little effort into making the game enjoyable for others, that's all we need.

And yeah, I take my own advice.
    If I form PUGs, it's first come, first invite unless there's an overflow of a class already.
    I'll explain anything that needs explaining, if it does.
    And I greet everyone who joins.
    Even if I'm not in the best mood, I'm decent to anyone who interacts with me.

I mean the game has issues, and LGN is kinda a mess of great and bad things,
    but none of them are as big an issue to me as people who seem just bent on making the game not fun for themselves, or anyone else either.

Well, I don't have any problems with WoW ... does that mean I'm still the problem ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Legendaries
    I miss gearing up in cata/mop actually had some type of progression, now it's just gogogoggo
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    How do you know they're the same players?
    Because multiple people in this thread complained about RNG legos and then mentioned the glory days of vanilla in the same post.

Deleted
    Lack of social interaction with other players in the world content. It just feels dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VarianceWoW View Post
    Because multiple people in this thread complained about RNG legos and then mentioned the glory days of vanilla in the same post.
    How do people still not understand the basic difference between Classic RNG and Legion RNG?

Classic RNG was many items, suffering from poor itemisation and being useful to a smaller group of characters / specs then items are now. On the other hand, you had only one version of an item in a loot table, and nothing else. So, if it finally had dropped and you won the roll / the DKP bid, then you got your item and were done.

Legion RNG on the other hand has more overall usefullness of items, but...
    - it often has random stats (WQs and professions say hello)
    - it has random upgrades
    - it has random sockets
    - it has random tertiary stats
    - it has random combinations of any of the upper RNG variations from above
    The result is, you can only guess what you will get, and you are probably never done with farming one specific item, no matter how often it drops.

This is a fundamental change of principle. Vanilla RNG screwed you with lower drop rates and thus a longer farming time until you got your item. But Legion screws you doubly, because you not only have to get the item, but you have to get it in a sufficient quality level. And this is RNG² which means that if you're lucky, then you're done early. But if you are not lucky, then you farm just as long as in Classic (probably even longer), and while you do, you are constantly disapponted by "bad drops" which are not sufficient.

And RNG legendary items, which sometimes are mandatory for your class to be competitive or even to perform OK, which are used as BASELINE for balancing specs - we did not have anything as extreme like that before, and this is bad. Yes, sometimes specific trinkets brought dramaticall "OP" changes to some classes, but the magnitude of trinkets vs. legendaries is just not the same.

Which is the worst thing in Legion for me, followed by the disgusting delay of flying.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-07-26 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    How do people still not understand the basic difference between Classic RNG and Legion RNG?

Classic RNG was many items, suffering from poor itemisation and being useful to a smaller group of characters / specs then items are now. On the other hand, you had only one version of an item in a loot table, and nothing else. So, if it finally had dropped and you won the roll / the DKP bid, then you got your item and were done.

Legion RNG on the other hand has more overall usefullness of items, but...
    - it often has random stats (WQs and professions say hello)
    - it has random upgrades
    - it has random sockets
    - it has random tertiary stats
    - it has random combinations of any of the upper RNG variations from above
    The result is, you can only guess what you will get, and you are probably never done with farming one specific item, no matter how often it drops.

This is a fundamental change of principle. Vanilla RNG screwed you with lower drop rates and thus a longer farming time until you got your item. But Legion screws you doubly, because you not only have to get the item, but you have to get it in a sufficient quality level. And this is RNG² which means that if you're lucky, then you're done early. But if you are not lucky, then you farm just as long as in Classic (probably even longer), and while you do, you are constantly disapponted by "bad drops" which are not sufficient.

And RNG legendary items, which sometimes are mandatory for your class to be competitive or even to perform OK, which are used as BASELINE for balancing specs - we did not have anything as extreme like that before, and this is bad. Yes, sometimes specific trinkets brought dramaticall "OP" changes to some classes, but the magnitude of trinkets vs. legendaries is just not the same.

Which is the worst thing in Legion for me, followed by the disgusting delay of flying.
    Never mentioned anything about the itemization of the items in my original post just the time spent on the grind. Itemization was clearly different, I also only spoke about legos nothing to do with other gear at all. My only simple point was I don't understand how the legos are such a big deal to the nostalgic glory day types when you can grind all of them out for a spec in 2-3 months, even less if you go crazy hard with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idiocy.
    Thrall whining baby.

And that's all.

My biggest problem with WoW?

Idiots like OP who post this exact same topic about once a week on MMO-C.
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~