Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't understand why he seems to assume that foreigners are mostly from Europe and about as crime-prone as Germans and that non-European asylum-seekers (asylbewerber) are even more crime-prone.

Germany had a lot of east-Europeans (Serbs, Kosovars etc) applying for asylum when the borders were open. I would not find it unlikely that they are prone to commit crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Foot note.
    Germany's criminal statistics are probably among the most comprehensive recorded in the world. However, for deep analysis information, you need to wait at least a couple years. It needs crime statistic experts to do that kinda work, not some right wing/fascist internet asshole...
    A lot of those sentiments could be put to rest if the Bundesregierung started repatriations. I understand many asylum requests have already been processed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Ahm what. The color bars are per 100k people while the numbers on the bottom left are the overall number of suspects of a certain group you also have the population numbers of the groups on the right side. Why you call the BKA "idiots" , they put a lot of work into showing you this statistics :/.
    Are you paying attention?
    Let me point it out to you, on one example. And the graphs all have the same problem..

Tatverdaechtige: 2.022.414
    davon Deutsche: 1.406.184
    davon Auslaender: 616.230
    davon Asylbewerber: 153.227

That does in no way, shape of form match the graphic bars, which imply the absolute opposite. Only a small blue bar for Germans, a midsize, but still significant larger bar for Foreigners, and a ginormous bar for Asylum seekers.
    And you are not looking at graphics from the BKA..
    The BKA breaks the data down differently. You have to study their information and make your own conclusions.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

No surprise there.

That would be Saudi Arabia, and last I've checked Saudis don't flee their nation.
    The Islamic State, Is, also seem to stone women - and I believe some might possibly be fleeing them.

However, to be fair - I doubt that even Is punishes women to stoning just for driving - a few lashes (or just a fine) seems to be the usual punishment in Saudi Arabia.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2017-07-26 at 10:47 AM.

That would be Saudi Arabia, and last I've checked Saudis don't flee their nation.

Maybe educate yourself first, before you talk about things you don't know anything about?
    I advise you to go out of your way and go research a few Syrian laws before coming here and making a fool out of yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    A lot of those sentiments could be put to rest if the Bundesregierung started repatriations. I understand many asylum requests have already been processed.
    True that.
    But one could put some time and efforts into it, and study all the different categories the BKA breaks it's data down to.
    They trace by a number of aspects. Age, Origin, if asylum seeker then country of origin separated.
    There's really a lot to learn from the data. Yet, I consider it too early. Next year, this time around, we get much better analysis.

Are you paying attention?
    The previous poster stated "per 100k"; don't claim that someone isn't paying attention and skip such things.

Do you doubt that the number of Germans, foreigners, and asylum seekers in Germany is known?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    You, or anybody else interested, can find all relevant numbers in this pdf. But be warned, it's fairly technical and in german.

What you should ALSO take into account is that this is per X capita. For example, if you take the last statistic, there were 819 reported cases of sexual assault and/or harassment from the 1.1 million refugees, and 3969 from german citizens. You are still ~5 times more likely to be raped or harassed by a german, as opposed to a refugee. Which is no excuse, of course.
    I did look at that source, and it is not sufficient for the narrative the OP is trying to peddle here.
    All it tells us is that people in Germany aren't capable of telling one asylum seeker from another, thus they suspect every single one whenever someone looks "foreign". that is how you get these infalted number of suspects per crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    The Islamic State, Is, also seem to stone women - and I believe some might possibly be fleeing them.

However, to be fair - I doubt that even Is punishes women to stoning just for driving - a few lashes (or just a fine) seems to be the usual punishment in Saudi Arabia.
    I went with laws on the records. And SA is the only country where it's outright illegal for women to drive.
    Vigilantism is not popular, also in Islamic nations.
    IS isn't a country as such. It's a temporary abomination. A problem indeed, but about to collapse anyway. And you may be right. They've had a significant shortage of females. Would contradict their needs if they stone the few they have.

True that.
    But one could put some time and efforts into it, and study all the different categories the BKA breaks it's data down to.
    They trace by a number of aspects. Age, Origin, if asylum seeker then country of origin separated.
    There's really a lot to learn from the data. Yet, I consider it too early. Next year, this time around, we get much better analysis.
    Oh, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the analysis and the need thereof. I just pointed out that there are angry people out there - some of them German voters and this is an election year - who will not be swayed by a better and more detailed analysis of existing data but who could potentially be mollified if they saw something being done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post

Must be some alt right fake news site.

Thread locked by the sjw police in 3....2.....1

10+ Year Old Account
    and why do the graphics not match the numbers?

Kind of interesting how the color bars simply contradict the numbers posted on the bottom left.
    But that's how the brain works.. You see something displayed larger, then it must be true. Since it shows it, right there.

Idiots.

Foot note.
    Germany's criminal statistics are probably among the most comprehensive recorded in the world. However, for deep analysis information, you need to wait at least a couple years. It needs crime statistic experts to do that kinda work, not some right wing/fascist internet asshole...

- - - Updated - - -

But that wouldn't serve the narrative.
    to be honest these kind of things pop up every so often since it's MUCH easier to read them incorrectly and start a witch hunt then it is to read them correctly. But that is the entire intend to create this kind of atmosphere that everyone coming here is going to cause harm and it's no different then it was when my grand father migrated to west europe.

At the end of the day all this also does is fuck up the discussion around immigration since you have both extremes trying to control the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Ahm what. The color bars are per 100k people while the numbers on the bottom left are the overall number of suspects of a certain group you also have the population numbers of the groups on the right side. Why you call the BKA "idiots" , they put a lot of work into showing you this statistics :/.
    The BKA didn't provide these graphics and "statistics" shown in the article and tweets the OP linked.

Deleted
    Not sure what the point of posting that statistic is.

All it tells us that a group of people who mainly consists of people who have fled their homes from war torn countries, been possibly exploited by human traffickers, with no work, no proper home, in a foreign country and culture are more likely to commit a crime than a group that consists of settled in people, who have been building theirs lives on a social safety net and good education, which includes home owners, millionaires, pensioners,...

Not to mention the organized crime exploiting those people and the asylum process itself.

Well, duh.

So once again, what's the point? Promoting a stop to the asylum and immigration processes?
    Well in that case I'd say that statistic indicates 86% of asylum seekers are not suspected of any crime - which is a large enough number for me.

Also it's quite interesting how people often will say "don't blame the entire group because of some rotten apples" when they are part of that group (e.g. males and rape) but throw that logic out of the window when they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Oh, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the analysis and the need thereof. I just pointed out that there are angry people out there - some of them German voters and this is an election year - who will not be swayed by a better and more detailed analysis of existing data but who could potentially be mollified if they saw something being done.
    If they want to see something done, then they should open their eyes.
    That would solve their problem.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guerron View Post
    Correlation is not causation.
    I don't think you know what that phrase actually means if you are trying to use it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    If they want to see something done, then they should open their eyes.
    That would solve their problem.
    Agreed again, but some people won't process new information until you rub their nose in it.

Quote Originally Posted by lloewe View Post
    Not sure what the point of posting that statistic is.

All it tells us that a group of people who mainly consists of people who have fled their homes from war torn countries, been possibly exploited by human traffickers, with no work, no proper home, in a foreign country and culture are more likely to commit a crime than a group that consists of settled in people, who have been building theirs lives on a social safety net and good education, which includes home owners, millionaires, pensioners,...
    Ah but that is the problem: It really doesn't show that at all.
    All it does is show us that per capita they are more likely to be suspected of a crime. Not that they are more likely to ahve committed one.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah just let them rape your Women, Kill your people and rob your Country for a few more years until the Data is solid