Critique My First Sub Raid Last Night

Hey Guys, i am thinking about converting from Sin to Sub, and i decided to get some practice in during my guilds farm / progression run. If you guys dont mind can you take a look at my logs and see where i need improvement?

It wont let me link my parses, since im a newbie at posting. But you can find my character under Bacstabath on Baelgun, or you can look up my guild Night Renegades on the same server. The logs code at the end of the hyperlink is : 203386, if you prefer using that.

I have an understanding of the the spec, but just need to fine tune it. My opener was generally SB/Pot - SS - NB - SoD - SD - SS - SS - Evis - SS - Vanish - SS - DfA(spam SD on the way down) - SS - SS - Evis - SS.

Then during the fight i just managed NB as best i can, used SB and GB on cd, used Sod, DfA, and SD into that same rotation stated above. When i was doing it perfectly, i notice good dps, but okayish parses. I admit i effed up the opener on a couple of pulls, this being my first night.

I simmed my character to get the the best gear output, which you see in logs. Let me know what you guys think, if i should have done something different, what trinkets or gear i should change out, etc.

Thanks a bunch!

Here are your logs mate: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6JjfL4pqvAg8NaMC

I hope you get some useful feedback. I don't play sub (am casual now) so wont say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    Here are your logs mate:

I hope you get some useful feedback. I don't play sub (am casual now) so wont say anything.
    Appreciate you linking it for me...... hopefully i can soon

Let me know what you pros think

MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Thanks for the Graphic, that really helps to point me in the right direction. As speculation is correct, i need a little more work fine tuning, probably rotation, and 1 more lego.

I hoping someone can take a look at logs and suggest. Please disregard the Demonic parse, I was half asleep, switched back to Sin for the fight and forgot to apply poisons beginning of fight........ i know im bad lol.

Just from comparing your Goroth HC log with other logs at your ilvl (+- 2 ilvls) your opener seems very low compared to theirs. You're missing 1 ring enchant and 2 sockets when I'm looking at your armory.

I don't play rogue myself so I can't really give you more detailed information, I recommend you reading a guide and ask around on Rogue Discord for help.

Thanks for pointing that out, i am aware that i wasnt totally optimized, i ran into the run guns blazing and didnt do gems and enchants. Ill do that tonight.

I know the trinket off KT is a HUGE increase for the opener, and i wonder thats what your seeing, and i dont have the bis legendary ring either.

So, rotation wise, it seems like you have it down pretty well. Most of the fights I checked you did more dmg through SS than BS (which is correct). Most of it seems pretty good. I think I noticed some ineffective use of Gawmaws, but thats more of finding the correct moment to use it. As much as "using it on CD asap" can be ok. I tend to wait for post opener when the energy runs low ish, so you prevent energy capping and maximising the use of Gaw. But hey, its minor. You are doing decent so far.

Stat wise you have too much haste and crit and lack Vers. So once you optimise your gear better, you should see a pretty decent increase in your performance. You want around 90% mastery, 20-25% crit and then rest into vers. This isn't absolute stat value as it changes with more gear you get. 100% worth getting use to check your stat value through really simple sites like Raidbots. You can get to see what you have too much of and what you lack. My guess is that you already have too much Mastery over vers. it can be worth changing gems and enchants to Vers.

Apart from that, the waist leggo doesnt help. but I am sure you know that. once you get a better lego, im sure you will improve in the parse too.

Anyway at work so I can't give a full breakdown. hope it helps. Make sure you sim your character through raidbots or something similar

Quote Originally Posted by Bacstabbath View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out, i am aware that i wasnt totally optimized, i ran into the run guns blazing and didnt do gems and enchants. Ill do that tonight.

I know the trinket off KT is a HUGE increase for the opener, and i wonder thats what your seeing, and i dont have the bis legendary ring either.
    Hi, sorry for late response.

The logs I was comparing you with was running same legendaries as you and had two nighthold trinkets, I'm not sure how powerful they are.

Here is the log I'm comparing you with: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    I hope it helps atleast a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubRouge View Post
    So, rotation wise, it seems like you have it down pretty well. Most of the fights I checked you did more dmg through SS than BS (which is correct). Most of it seems pretty good. I think I noticed some ineffective use of Gawmaws, but thats more of finding the correct moment to use it. As much as "using it on CD asap" can be ok. I tend to wait for post opener when the energy runs low ish, so you prevent energy capping and maximising the use of Gaw. But hey, its minor. You are doing decent so far.

Stat wise you have too much haste and crit and lack Vers. So once you optimise your gear better, you should see a pretty decent increase in your performance. You want around 90% mastery, 20-25% crit and then rest into vers. This isn't absolute stat value as it changes with more gear you get. 100% worth getting use to check your stat value through really simple sites like Raidbots. You can get to see what you have too much of and what you lack. My guess is that you already have too much Mastery over vers. it can be worth changing gems and enchants to Vers.

Apart from that, the waist leggo doesnt help. but I am sure you know that. once you get a better lego, im sure you will improve in the parse too.

Anyway at work so I can't give a full breakdown. hope it helps. Make sure you sim your character through raidbots or something similar
    Thanks this really helps. Glad to see that i am somewhat on the right track. Im sure my stats are wonky at the moment, because Im switching over from Sin. I do sim myself using Simc and Pawn, i hope that falls under the checking my stat value note you mentioned.

I did another run last night, we were progressing on 2 heroic bosses, and i felt i was a little more comfortable rotation wise. As another person mentioned, my opener is not hitting as hard as others, but i feel its again lack of proper stats and the KJ trinket as well. And hopefully i get the Half-Giant ring soon, then i will see real increases.

As far as Gawmaw uses goes, i saw your comment in the middle of my raid last night and I tried to find a proper place to fit it, its hard lol. I normally used it right after my opener, and tried to use it when i was starving for energy and CPs, which wasn't the case really.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacstabbath View Post
    Thanks this really helps. Glad to see that i am somewhat on the right track. Im sure my stats are wonky at the moment, because Im switching over from Sin. I do sim myself using Simc and Pawn, i hope that falls under the checking my stat value note you mentioned.

I did another run last night, we were progressing on 2 heroic bosses, and i felt i was a little more comfortable rotation wise. As another person mentioned, my opener is not hitting as hard as others, but i feel its again lack of proper stats and the KJ trinket as well. And hopefully i get the Half-Giant ring soon, then i will see real increases.

As far as Gawmaw uses goes, i saw your comment in the middle of my raid last night and I tried to find a proper place to fit it, its hard lol. I normally used it right after my opener, and tried to use it when i was starving for energy and CPs, which wasn't the case really.
    Yeah Gawmaw can be tricky to find the right parts. the more you pay attention to it, the better its going to be. I tend to try and find the correct moment in a 10-15 sec window after the opener. that way you are not wasting the short CD of Gaw and not wasting the energy return. General rule (which im sure you know) is Gaw at 3CP or less and 50 or less energy. thats the general sweet spot.

Opener pretty much depends on ilvl and gear. Lego wrist wont help since your SB is already running. idk. at 930~ My opener is around 3.6-3.8 mil.

And yes, those sims are good. Just always good to check your stat value after every new piece of gear. atm for me Mast and ver are equal value but before I got a new piece, I lacked vers so Vers was higher priority.

p.s. Since the wrist got nerfed, its not a must have anymore. Vigor ring can work just as well and better for prog fights since you can pop feint much easier and Crimson vial too. (super handy for fights like avatar)

also, for relics now Evis crit (gutripper) is the go too relic. GG wrist nerf. Just letting you know just in case

I'm trying to learn Subtlety. I'm also switching from Sin.

I keep seeing you guys mention Gawmaw. Is that referring to the artifact ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    I'm trying to learn Subtlety. I'm also switching from Sin.

I keep seeing you guys mention Gawmaw. Is that referring to the artifact ability?
    Yeah it's a short hand way of writing it instead of having to put "Goremaw's Bite" everytime

Quote Originally Posted by Xerroth View Post
    Yeah it's a short hand way of writing it instead of having to put "Goremaw's Bite" everytime
    Okay, haha. Just making sure because I wanted to follow what these guys were saying.

Thank you.