Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    They are very aware of datamining, grabbing a random armor set they just finished for the next expansion and naming it Kul Tiras before placing it into the files of 7.3 is a very easy way to direct speculation and expectation away from what they're doing.
    Yes, I thought so. But what could they possible achieve by giving us false leads? If their new expansion is something completely new and unexpected like WoD then its going to be surprise anyway. But if its like - hey lets give them hope for South Seas while we're working on Northrend 2.0, then there is little sense in that, because all those possible scenarios are being discussed anyway, no matter what we find in the files.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    Yes, I thought so. But what could they possible achieve by giving us false leads? If their new expansion is something completely new and unexpected like WoD then its going to be surprise anyway. But if its like - hey lets give them hope for South Seas while we're working on Northrend 2.0, then there is little sense in that, because all those possible scenarios are being discussed anyway, no matter what we find in the files.
    Well, every once in a while someone gets it right.

If every "leak" is about Azshara and N'zoth because everyone thinks it has to be, and people disregard other themes when "leaked", discouraging "leakers" from coming up with different ideas, they reduce the risk of someone nailing the theme by chance and getting a lot of attention. It could also hide a real leak, which people wouldn't think twice about because it's not about the South Seas or the Void.

A surprise is more surprising if you're sure you're not going to be surprised.

Something like that.

Well, at least with the doomsayers it's 100% safe to say Old Gods are the main theme of the next expansion:

http://imgur.com/a/XclwR

10+ Year Old Account
    #SargerasWasn'tTheProblem
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Haha always happy to see doomsayers in game, but those validated ones are particularly neat!

PS: http://fr.wowhead.com/news=268553/wh...world-scenario Is this the same Magni scenario that was supposedly to be implemented earlier? Or has it been modified?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Haha always happy to see doomsayers in game, but those validated ones are particularly neat!

PS: http://fr.wowhead.com/news=268553/wh...world-scenario Is this the same Magni scenario that was supposedly to be implemented earlier? Or has it been modified?
    yeah, it's the same one.

i feel like it might be popping up on live soon.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yeah, it's the same one.

i feel like it might be popping up on live soon.
    It's even clearer with this scenario that Magni "has been made a pawn" now! I think it's definitely not Azeroth whispering to him, more like N'zoth pretending to be her and wanting us out of Azeroth for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    Well, assume we're right and the next expansion is about south seas, kul tiras and so on. Starting speculations like that could give them understanding what people expect to see from such setting. Its not like they clueless of course, but remember they started developing it couple years ago, things change. Also, I'm pretty sure for each expansion they've developed so far they had an extensive list of features, some of which they know they're gonna cut, no matter what. Discussions such as this thread, can help them determine which ones.

Obviously I'm not talking about changing theme of the entire expansion. When I say they could adjust something, I'm talking about mostly how they're gonna market this new expansion. If they see that some speculated feature meets strong negative feelings from the community, they could remove it from the announcement, replace it with something else that also fit this expansion and on their list to do. That removed feature can later be 'fixed' according to feedback they have or maybe scrapped for good.
    It's the exact same speculation and fan theories that have been posted for the last 6+ years.

I really don't think they put in the armor sets to try and crowdsource opinions on an Azshara/N'zoth/Ocean expansion, when they have half a decade of these exact threads without doing so. It's not like the armor sets even sparked this discussion, they are just another in a very lengthy list of things that's been speculated over.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Rip Bjoramir again, LUL

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, look at these good looking sets though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    It's even clearer with this scenario that Magni "has been made a pawn" now! I think it's definitely not Azeroth whispering to him, more like N'zoth pretending to be her and wanting us out of Azeroth for a bit.
    Il'gynoth: The king of diamonds has been made pawn

One of Magni's lines from the scenario: The titans built these halls ta watch over the soul o' the world. From this chamber I can hear her, clear as diamond

This doesn't sound like Azeroth is talking to him but rather an Old God. He sounds a bit like a lunatic / fanatic, doesn't he? Like someone who slowly gets mad by "whispers". Who else got mad by those whispers? Well, Neltharion... another nice hint are the doomsayers we already had in Cataclysm and now they're back. I really love all those little hints making it pretty clear that the last Old God is awaiting us when we return from Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Il'gynoth: The king of diamonds has been made pawn

One of Magni's lines from the scenario: The titans built these halls ta watch over the soul o' the world. From this chamber I can hear her, clear as diamond

This doesn't sound like Azeroth is talking to him but rather an Old God. He sounds a bit like a lunatic / fanatic, doesn't he? Like someone who slowly gets mad by "whispers". Who else got mad by those whispers? Well, Neltharion... another nice hint are the doomsayers we already had in Cataclysm and now they're back. I really love all those little hints making it pretty clear that the last Old God is awaiting us when we return from Argus.
    Additionally, Magni is recognized as corrupted by a Titanic defense system during the Priest mount scenario.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Additionally, Magni is recognized as corrupted by a Titanic defense system during the Priest mount scenario.
    It's amazing how all these little puzzle pieces come together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fetgucked View Post
    Inb4 "they are bating people like with Kul Tiras set"

BTW I love how every class quest have some hint about something etc etc
    The difference is that Kul'Tiras is datamining and all the voiceovers and foreshadowings are already ingame.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Here is a long reddit post with some theories and a nice summary of what we know / seem to know:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._our_enemy_we/

Sargeras is not our enemy. He just wanted to destroy Azeroth because Azeroth is corrupted (Old Gods say hello). I think this is my favorite kind of lore in WoW ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    No, he's properly recognized as the Speaker.

The Defense system activates sanitization protocols when the caretaker reaches the 3rd Lightseeker egg (the Shadow version of the mount) which has been corrupted and so is recognized as containing void energies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Here is a long reddit post with some theories and a nice summary of what we know / seem to know:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._our_enemy_we/

Sargeras is not our enemy. He just wanted to destroy Azeroth because Azeroth is corrupted (Old Gods say hello). I think this is my favorite kind of lore in WoW ever.
    Very old news though, and he is our enemy. He wanted to wipe out life from the universe and destroy every world soul because he believed it was better than a fully realized Void Lord and that, because life had been born once in the universe, it might get born a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Very old news though, and he is our enemy. He wanted to wipe out life from the universe and destroy every world soul because he believed it was better than a fully realized Void Lord and that, because life had been born once in the universe, it might get born a second time.
    Well, he's some kind of enemy for sure (he wants to kill us) but with a purpose. He wants to purge Azeroth from the corruption, we are collateral damage but he wants to "rescue" Azeroth nonetheless.

Just catched up on a few pages.

Doomsayers are back?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Just catched up on a few pages.

Doomsayers are back?
    I dont think they have something to do with the next x-pack.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I dont think they have something to do with the next x-pack.
    What? At this point, how could you not? Not only has this expansion been set up for them to be more hints at the next, they also have a history of being associated with future expansions.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, Azeroth is still asleep and there are no possible entities to cause these whispers beside from, you bet.

Ulduar too is not fully cleared of old god's corrutpion as we thought.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-07-26 at 06:05 PM.