Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up No-Flying on Argus - Personally i'm relieved.

As the title states, personally i'm relieved that there is going to be no-flying on Argus.

For one, it wouldn't make sense to have it there especially since the sky box contains un obtainable places on Argus, just the view that creates the illusion of a broken world, which is awesome and could only really be achieved without flying.

And on another hand is the prospect of some real world PvP once again. Remember how the isle of Quel'danis was? Yeah thats going to be like that on Argus because its a relatively compact world with 3 zones sort of like the isle of Quel'danis. On the isle of Quel'danis there were people engaging in PvP all over the place, especially in the questing areas, and it ended up being some all out zone faction wars. It was pretty amazing. Flying would negate all of that, so for me i'm relieved its not going to be in Argus.

Actually - a new planet would have been a perfect opportunity to put in place a 'flying with cost' mechanic relating to Argus (in addition to the other methods of getting around).

Heavier gravity, maybe things can't fly as well etc ? After a few minutes, they run out of steam and have to recharge etc.

Time to end the all on or all off and find a mechanism that encourages game play but still lets you fly around a bit.

Opportunity lost.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Your opinions are just that, please don't try and press them on others. Flying is here to stay, people have invested money into mounts from the store, time in grinding etc. I for one love flying and hate that it won't be on Argus. If you don't like flying, don't do it. Pretty simple really.

Deleted
    O hai Jaylock, how's your "Hand of Adal only" raids going, Illidan dead yet?
    You always bring a smile to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    If you don't like flying, don't do it.
    The game has room for either flying or not flying, one can't choose to change the entire game based on if you like flying or not.

Be rational

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

I agree Jay. Be nice to be on the ground again for a change exploring Argus in all it's glory.

I hate to say this,but I have to agree with Jay

Flying really takes a lot away from the game when it comes to exploration and player interaction.which is why I really enjoy the pathfinder achievement things,allows us to actually experience the content for a while before just flying over stuff carelessly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    As the title states, personally i'm relieved that there is going to be no-flying on Argus.

For one, it wouldn't make sense to have it there especially since the sky box contains un obtainable places on Argus, just the view that creates the illusion of a broken world, which is awesome and could only really be achieved without flying.

And on another hand is the prospect of some real world PvP once again. Remember how the isle of Quel'danis was? Yeah thats going to be like that on Argus because its a relatively compact world with 3 zones sort of like the isle of Quel'danis. On the isle of Quel'danis there were people engaging in PvP all over the place, especially in the questing areas, and it ended up being some all out zone faction wars. It was pretty amazing. Flying would negate all of that, so for me i'm relieved its not going to be in Argus.
    My only issue with flying is not that it doesn't exist. Its that it is taken away, and then dangled as a carrot each and every xpac. Either remove it completely... or design the game around its inclusion. But to take it away, and then give it back for... reasons, is irritating. If you [Blizzard] truly feels the game is better/more immersive without it. Then take it away... we'll adjust.

I do like however that Blizzard has addressed the issue of utility in Argus. The usefulness of flying is almost inarguable, but its usefulness is only so strong because we haven't really had many alternatives. Argus gives us alternatives.

Personally I really liked my whistle, I probably had more fun with the whistle and ground mounts in legion, then when I finally got flying. The whistle was also a good alternative/useful tool.

Your opinions are just that, please don't try and press them on others. Flying is here to stay, people have invested money into mounts from the store, time in grinding etc. I for one love flying and hate that it won't be on Argus. If you don't like flying, don't do it. Pretty simple really.
    Is the Argus the only place you can fly your mount? As far as i know you can fly everywhere except belfes 2 starting areas and dranei also.
    If im correct then what you write about spending money to buy mounts and grinding time(i grind also) is not correct. If Blizz desided to give us Argus as no fly zone then we must deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Actually - a new planet would have been a perfect opportunity to put in place a 'flying with cost' mechanic relating to Argus (in addition to the other methods of getting around).

Heavier gravity, maybe things can't fly as well etc ? After a few minutes, they run out of steam and have to recharge etc.

Time to end the all on or all off and find a mechanism that encourages game play but still lets you fly around a bit.

Opportunity lost.
    This is just as bad as the winds, feather, glider, etc. If that's the option I'd rather they fully enable flying instead... not some half-assed version of it. That said, lack of flying is really only an issue if/ when the terrain is laid out so poorly you have have to spend more time getting to your objective than clearing your objective. It's not harder or more immersive... it's a time sink plain and simple. Just let me do the quest and move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

The game has room for either flying or not flying, one can't choose to change the entire game based on if you like flying or not.

Be rational
    True. But unfortunately, choosing no flying world would mean no choices while flying would mean choices.

As for the world PvP, what ever happened to city raids? During WoTLK, they use to happen. Maybe due to the rewards associated with killing factions leaders. Since then I have not seen any.

If people are glamouring for world PvP, a city raid would provide that. That is where the enemy players are after all.

Be rational
    Actually, you are totally wrong. We did just fine without flying until it was unlocked, so how can the game not have room for both? What you said doesn't even make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pallamouna View Post
    Is the Argus the only place you can fly your mount? As far as i know you can fly everywhere except belfes 2 starting areas and dranei also.
    If im correct then what you write about spending money to buy mounts and grinding time(i grind also) is not correct. If Blizz desided to give us Argus as no fly zone then we must deal with it.
    Actually, I was more referring to the comment that was above mine wishing that flying would go away for good, not just Argus specifically.

Actually, you are totally wrong.
    Well - assuming you mean correct when you say wrong, I'm all with you.

so how can the game not have room for both?
    LK was flight aware content as was BC, WoD and Legion are not ....

The content at any point is either designed for flight or it isn't. That's reality.

If you think you can just choose to do something or not, I suggest you roll a character on a PvP server and 'choose' not to PvP.

The difference with flight is it is a content design choice, where as PvP can be turned on or off on a per server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    True. But unfortunately, choosing no flying world would mean no choices while flying would mean choices.
    Well, no - if the content is for flying, then flying isn't a choice - one has to fly.

But what I don't get is why a compromise middle ground design can't be worked on, the two extreme camps of NO flying and ALL flying are silly.

Argus was an awesome opportunity to try out some tricks in that regard.

Well, no - if the content is for flying, then flying isn't a choice - one has to fly.
    I stand corrected. They can design a world where people had to fly from island to island with no flight path available. Floating islands in the sky in some nether zone. Sounds interesting.

Blizzard should create non-flying realms so that the no-flying crowd would finally shut up.

Just make it cost a billion gold. Or 500 argus bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I agree Jay. Be nice to be on the ground again for a change exploring Argus in all it's glory.
    What exploring? I'm going to be too busy avoiding the mobs I don't care about to explore. Flying is for exploring if you ask me. I do my exploring after I get flying. There's so much of Highmountain and Stormheim I love now that I have flying, it's way better. Highmountain is just terrible on the ground and I didn't realize how much more there was to Stormheim! In WoD I found so many neat things I missed or flat out couldn't see once we finally got flying.

I don't mind no flying while leveling. You get a better sense of scale that way. But once I hit max level let me fly and explore!

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    What exploring? I'm going to be too busy avoiding the mobs I don't care about to explore. Flying is for exploring if you ask me. I do my exploring after I get flying. There's so much of Highmountain and Stormheim I love now that I have flying, it's way better. Highmountain is just terrible on the ground and I didn't realize how much more there was to Stormheim! In WoD I found so many neat things I missed or flat out couldn't see once we finally got flying.

I don't mind no flying while leveling. You get a better sense of scale that way. But once I hit max level let me fly and explore!
    Well Blizzard clearly don't want you to on Argus so deal with it.

Jaylock thread backed by Eleccybubb, how refreshing.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Hopefully they'll add flying like they did in WoD for Tanaan. Give me a rep grind/time gate so that people can deal with the ground mechanics and then eventually let me go airborne again.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.