Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    Well Frost DK is now the next to get some love in 7.3. Sure hope WW Monk is on that list.
    maybe in 8.3, heheh
    Last edited by ErothTV; 2017-07-17 at 09:51 AM.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    maybe in 8.3, heheh
    ideally u never want to delay RSK as its our highest damaging ability
    and for my self ,, i always inturrept FoF if RSK is up

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baz View Post
    and for my self ,, i always inturrept FoF if RSK is up
    Yeah, Blizzarda already stated that this should not happen.
    Hopefully they are going to change that situations

Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    Well Frost DK is now the next to get some love in 7.3. Sure hope WW Monk is on that list.
    Agreed, hopefully a soft rework like Frost and Feral that adds some scaling to this spec.

Guys, if i have shoulders of Tier 19 ilvl890 and legs ilvl 900. How How much ilvl of diference do I need to take the bonus 19 off? Replacing it with T20 or another item +30ilvl?
    I though the Bonus is very strong for Serenity.

Quote Originally Posted by Osobuku View Post
    Guys, if i have shoulders of Tier 19 ilvl890 and legs ilvl 900. How How much ilvl of diference do I need to take the bonus 19 off? Replacing it with T20 or another item +30ilvl?
    I though the Bonus is very strong for Serenity.
    I've been hearing 100ilvls. Not sure how accurate this is for individuals since these numbers are usually done with perfect gear in every other slot. Best bet is to sim yo self.

Deleted
    Is there any time youl ever want to use the chi orbit ring over combination of any of other legendaries?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    Is there any time youl ever want to use the chi orbit ring over combination of any of other legendaries?
    As I understand it, it's okay if you lack boots/bracers for general use, and quite good for AE. Using 6 tier pieces is so good that you're limited on leggies that you can use, so having a ring is a good option. Probably falls below Cini for ST, not entirely sure how it ranks against KJ's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penne View Post
    As I understand it, it's okay if you lack boots/bracers for general use, and quite good for AE. Using 6 tier pieces is so good that you're limited on leggies that you can use, so having a ring is a good option. Probably falls below Cini for ST, not entirely sure how it ranks against KJ's.
    i got the boots and bracers but not KJ for aoe. So the ring would be good use then on aoe fights?

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    i got the boots and bracers but not KJ for aoe. So the ring would be good use then on aoe fights?
    The ring isn't bad on AoE but IMO the boots give a higher skill ceiling on AoE fights than the ring (duh it's passive). Especially with crits on RSK reducing FoF on T20 set. This reduction in chi means you can spend that extra chi on other abilities such as RSK or if you get a lot of Crit procs outside of Serenity on another FoF that you may or not have chi for if you are using the ring.

Honestly, the ring is a decent legendary if you have limited options. The problem is when you have options there are better ones.
    Last edited by dhays; 2017-07-24 at 08:55 PM.

Today have a dilema. What is better Relic? Felsoul Vortex[/URL] or Flawless Hurricane Pearl[/URL] ? i want to change my 895 relics and today get 915 Felsoul Vortex. Worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Osobuku View Post
    Today have a dilema. What is better Relic? Felsoul Vortex[/URL] or Flawless Hurricane Pearl[/URL] ? i want to change my 895 relics and today get 915 Felsoul Vortex. Worth it?
    What is Your current relic?

The best option is to check at askmrrobot.com

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    What is Your current relic?

The best option is to check at askmrrobot.com
    No, the best option is to check on Raidbots.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

@Osobuku If you want some help testing out relics on Ask Mr. Robot, just let me know. Here's a super short video that shows you how to compare things easily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWV6CbgliKk

@Babylonius Not sure if you've seen our recent set of tests - our simulations are matching top players' logs: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/simulations-match-real-logs/

When it comes to comparing something simple like this, either tool will work, so pick your favorite, or use both @Osobuku
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

AMR is still fucky as hell with monks. When we know for an absolute fact that 6pc is our BIS and AMR is telling me to take off ALL of my tier 20 to put back on t19, there is a problem. That said, it seems to at least be reccing me the correct relics lately.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

There are 2 different things going on, Gib Lover:

1. The simulator matches logs of top players and is very accurate. If you find something off, let me know and we'll look into it right away.

2. The optimizer / gear recommendations - Those are based off a default strategy for just 1 character type (not you specifically). It also gets you to within 2% of the best option (if you don't get the best, which you often do), and it does it instantly. That's the tradeoff: instant, for 2% wiggle room. Then you can sim and spend a lot of time doing it, in exchange for more confident results. Also, send me your best in bags string and I will run some tests on it!

If you haven't run a custom gearing strategy, you should do that to get results totally custom to you. Or I can run it for you if you give me your best-in-bags export string (best option), and if not, your character name and realm. Here's a tutorial on running a custom strategy (use "gearing strategy" for the sim type instead of "beta v2" like the picture says): http://i.imgur.com/wBitmQb.jpg
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2017-07-26 at 08:11 PM.

I've had 2 custom gearing strategies last tier but didn't bother this tier as Babs and other monks have shown that t20 4pc and 19 2pc with DHC and Katsuos is pretty much the ideal setup, and I have that.
    I've rerolled from monk to DK recently so this isn't really going to do me much good, but my monk is Burzu on Bleeding Hollow if you want to look into why it is telling me to take off best in slot gear and downgrade back to tier 19.

Gib - can you also send me your best in bags string - the one you use from the addon and paste into the site? That will let me see what other gear you have, so I can run tests against those items.

Yeah, we've done this before when monks felt like crit was over-valued on AMR. I'll DM it to you now

Edit: okay nah, something has changed. I haven't swapped my gear at all and now it wants me to keep the 20 4pc and 19 2pc, but it does want me to take off DHC and put on KJ's burning wish which is still wrong.
    Last edited by Gib Lover; 2017-07-27 at 01:00 AM.

I just decided to sim some Goroth fights that were similar in length to the last Goroth kill I had. I noticed quite a difference in buff uptime for RPPM .

For example: (log vs sims)
    Master of Combinations was 17.74% for me but sims shows avg of 34%.
    Demonic Vigor shows 14.42% for me vs 38.2% in sims
    Concordance shows 40.34% for me vs 31.7%

I know these are RPPMs and can be very hard to implement correctly but a sim is done over a ton of iterations so a min 10% gap between each seems pretty big. Especially when they are all nice buffs to get. I also ran the sim multiple times just to see if it was a one off thing but the proc rates are consistently the same, plus or minus .3 of a percent.

Also of note is the fight is pretty short 3 min for the buffs I listed above. However half the time for Master and Demonic is kind of absurd even if it's only a difference of 30seconds (which is a lot). I also did simmed for longer fights and the percentage of buff uptime didn't really change at all even though I could find logs that showed drastic differences in buff up time for similar length fights.

I know i had completely bad RNG on Demonic Vigor but 20% is still a HUGE margin of difference to account for bad luck.
    Last edited by dhays; 2017-07-27 at 05:52 PM.