Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Where's the immersion with flying anyway? I don't get it.

People should understand once and for all that no-flying zones are factually more successful. It's good for the game

I love flying. I'd love to fly everywhere.

But I have to agree with Jaylock on his first point. Having worked my way through 7.3 on the PTR, this awesome looking place just couldn't be built with flying in mind. I believe most pro-fliers will come to agree that, while flying is great and useful, Argus isn't suited for it. The tricks used to make you feel immersed in the landscape are magnificent. But they'd fall apart if you'd lift off and try to reach any of those countless amazing details up close, and find your way blocked by infinite invisible walls, everywhere.

World PvP can die in a fire though, but I'm not on a PvP realm anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    How needy you must be to start threads over and over that are for nothing more than getting a reaction. It's so sad Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Jaylock thread backed by Eleccybubb, how refreshing.
    What? I actually like being on the ground later on. Liked Timeless Isle and I liked Tanaan initially. Timeless Isle was actually fun to explore because there were chests and rares all over the place. And a few points of interest.

Not backing Jay at all. Am I not allowed to bloody agree with people on this website all of a sudden?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-26 at 05:11 PM.

Argus zone is so shit, can't believe there's no flying so I can skip this shitty content...

Not to mention they locked new relic forge behind tons of useless lore quests that will take hours to complete.

For raiders this has been worst expansion and it's getting worse and worse with every patch...
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2017-07-26 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Actually - a new planet would have been a perfect opportunity to put in place a 'flying with cost' mechanic relating to Argus (in addition to the other methods of getting around).

Heavier gravity, maybe things can't fly as well etc ? After a few minutes, they run out of steam and have to recharge etc.

Time to end the all on or all off and find a mechanism that encourages game play but still lets you fly around a bit.

Opportunity lost.
    Good idea right there, the best of both world, possibility of flying but gotta use it carefully cuz it's tied to a ressource. Oh well, I guess it's back to more of the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Argus zone is so shit, can't believe there's no flying so I can skip this shitty content...

Not to mention they locked new relic forge behind tons of useless lore quests that will take hours to complete.

For raiders this has been worst expansion and it's getting worse and worse with every patch...
    Yeah why can't i join a white room with only pro-raiders with portal to raids only to raid with full titanforged gear and BiS legendary and call it a day. Fucking stupig shitty game with all the useless stuff around raids...

/s

For me the game sucks without flying. I hate pathfinder achieves; I preferred the BC/WoTLK idea where once you got near the end of the leveling experience you could purchase flying. I don't mind being grounded for leveling but after you hit max level there is zero reason to not have flying considering it's been in the game for over 11 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    As the title states, personally i'm relieved that there is going to be no-flying on Argus.
    Then get a blog....
    For one, it wouldn't make sense to have it there especially since the sky box contains un obtainable places on Argus, just the view that creates the illusion of a broken world, which is awesome and could only really be achieved without flying.
    Right cause it makes so much more sense that every druid and Kadghar can use his flyform but my druid cant....
    And on another hand is the prospect of some real world PvP once again.
    Says the dude who doesnt even pvp....
    On the isle of Quel'danis there were people engaging in PvP all over the place, especially in the questing areas, and it ended up being some all out zone faction wars.
    Stop lying ffs and MAKING up this bs.

Well, no - if the content is for flying, then flying isn't a choice - one has to fly.
    Content can be designed that allows for flying but isn't dependent on it. It really becomes player choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    What exploring? I'm going to be too busy avoiding the mobs I don't care about to explore. Flying is for exploring if you ask me. I do my exploring after I get flying. There's so much of Highmountain and Stormheim I love now that I have flying, it's way better. Highmountain is just terrible on the ground and I didn't realize how much more there was to Stormheim! In WoD I found so many neat things I missed or flat out couldn't see once we finally got flying.

I don't mind no flying while leveling. You get a better sense of scale that way. But once I hit max level let me fly and explore!
    They put things in the game that can help you "avoiding the mobs [you] don't care about" such as the saddle and spurs for your mount so you dont get dazed and knocked off.

How is that so hard to understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post

I disagree with every point you made.

For raiders and casuals alike, this has been one of the best expansions ever made. It just gets better and better with every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Where's the immersion with flying anyway? I don't get it.

People should understand once and for all that no-flying zones are factually more successful. It's good for the game
    This is comedy gold!

Where is the immersion in flying?

In a world filled to the brim with flying creatures......

We have dragons, gryphons, birds the size of small cars and then some....but of course, players (the worlds greatest heros not to mention) flying is unimmersive.....

Gosh dammit, at least find some arguments that make sense immersion is none...correction it is one FOR flying.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    ...People should understand once and for all that no-flying zones are factually more successful. It's good for the game
    TBC and WotLK were designed with flying in mind and at max level. Two of the most successful expansions in the game. The only zones that should be no-fly ever are dungeon and raid zones. World PvP can be handled beautifully with free-for-all arena style combat like in Legion WQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quel Danas PVP was so much fun

OMG ... did we really need another pro/anti= flying thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Jaylock thread backed by Eleccybubb, how refreshing.
    Theres lots of ppl that have my back on these forums. Why? because I usually post constructive and well thought out posts that are relevant to the game that people enjoy discussing. Theres just a handful of people (including yourself) that like to bash me for every post i make. I think you get off on bashing me, which is wierd but w/e, i don't let it affect me.

Thanks @Eleccybubb!

OT: Try going to the PTR right now and go to Argus and tell me how flying would work with how the world is set up. Fact: It wouldn't work.

Well - assuming you mean correct when you say wrong, I'm all with you.

LK was flight aware content as was BC, WoD and Legion are not ....

The content at any point is either designed for flight or it isn't. That's reality.

If you think you can just choose to do something or not, I suggest you roll a character on a PvP server and 'choose' not to PvP.

The difference with flight is it is a content design choice, where as PvP can be turned on or off on a per server.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, no - if the content is for flying, then flying isn't a choice - one has to fly.

But what I don't get is why a compromise middle ground design can't be worked on, the two extreme camps of NO flying and ALL flying are silly.

Argus was an awesome opportunity to try out some tricks in that regard.
    Long post but still didn't really answer anything. What content "can't" you do without flying in Legion? If you can't name something that is impossible to do without flying, then your assumption is wrong. Prior to flying being unlocked, you could do everything you could now gameplay wise correct? Nothing about flying has opened up gameplay that would somehow be gated by the lack of flying has it?

All of this adds up to the fact that you can choose not to fly, at least in the most recent content.

I'd be fine with Argus being flightless. Though I also agree that lvling should be flightless but then get it back at max lvl. But having the new end zone be flightless has been fun for me.

How could people be relieved that there is no flying is beyond me. Just how the absence of a useful tool can be better than its presence?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Quel Danas PVP was so much fun
    Yeah so nostaligic waiting for the death timer to expire or the ressurection sickness to fade

Time to transfer to a pve realm i guess.