Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The master harvester

I just got the master harvester on my lock. Is it classified as a good legendary or should i try to replace it? the reason I am asking is because if its good i wanna play some destruction to get more legendaries for that spec.

I like it. Not sure how optimal it is but the chest + belt with eradication + soul conduit is really, really fun to play.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I think the harvester is less good for Destruction spec, its best for Affliction due to the number of spells you are casting. Demo was in the middle of the two in terms of dps output.

I only have netherlord ring, kbw, shoulders, and harvester. In all situations shoulders/chest sims highest by quite a bit.

Deleted
    Best lege for affliction. Poor for destro. For affli it proc often and the timing is a key word. It proc when you spend shards so for affli it proc just before u start draing UAs, for destro it proc when you are out of shards and spam incinerate.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great m+ dps legendary for aff and it's not bad at all for raids either.

Deleted
    It's great for single target but still reliant on it proccing at a decent rate, but the good thing about it is you have relative control over when it procs as its linked to shards so no issues of it happening when you dont want it too like whispers.

Its also good for multi target but only if you dont have the helm or one of the rings. Helm wins on all multi dot as bis leg generally then its a toss up between sacrolash and netherlord dependent on the fight really.

I dont have either off the rings but its still performing well on fights like misstress where i have shit loads of shards to spend so has more chance of proccing for sick damage on seeds during the last phase. Got a 96% parse last week with it so its definitely a good legendary IMO.

Just be aware tho RNG will screw you over with it at times, so if you hate those types of items i'd run something else.

Deleted
    I would recomend the hood + the master harvester they sim highest and are good for any situation. Then t20 4pc +much haste and mastery. My main is a destro but switching back to affli, it just feel smooth, fun and very effective and has good mobility and imba self heals. Affli is still very strong spec. But no other spec have more "has a change" stuff than affli.

Quote Originally Posted by Kridlock View Post
    Best lege for affliction. Poor for destro. For affli it proc often and the timing is a key word. It proc when you spend shards so for affli it proc just before u start draing UAs, for destro it proc when you are out of shards and spam incinerate.
    The belt is actually afflictions BiS legendary. It has the highest dps increase AND does not take up a tier slot.

The issue with the helm and chest are that they take up tier slots and you are better off running 2P t19 with belt + ring/prydaz/wrists because the dps gain from 2P is much higher than the dps loss from not running helm/chest. (Assuming you have decent iLVL t19)

Quote Originally Posted by Kridlock View Post
    I would recomend the hood + the master harvester they sim highest and are good for any situation. Then t20 4pc +much haste and mastery. My main is a destro but switching back to affli, it just feel smooth, fun and very effective and has good mobility and imba self heals. Affli is still very strong spec. But no other spec have more "has a change" stuff than affli.
    The helm + chest actually sim 3rd highest. Helm + belt being first and belt + chest being second.

I also love the chest, it can be exceptionally OP when coupled with StS on fights like Mistress. I don't have the belt yet, one of three remaining to get, and I imagine it will be even more powerful.

Yes certain leggos sim higher but that doesn't mean you should be wearing them on all/certain boss fights and it also depends on what your replacements are. If you really want to excel you would be changing them up on several boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by StruuinXD View Post
    The belt is actually afflictions BiS legendary. It has the highest dps increase AND does not take up a tier slot.

The issue with the helm and chest are that they take up tier slots and you are better off running 2P t19 with belt + ring/prydaz/wrists because the dps gain from 2P is much higher than the dps loss from not running helm/chest. (Assuming you have decent iLVL t19)

The helm + chest actually sim 3rd highest. Helm + belt being first and belt + chest being second.

I'm a bit confused on why the belt is BIS. There has to be some kind of caveat's to that statement. If you are running SC and 2 piece T20 like most of the top raiding locks are, along with Contagion, you are likely overlapping your UA's, so vastly reducing the chances for this to proc since it wont be falling off as often, Even without Contagion, your chances of trigging it at a 25% chance is 1 in 4 cycles, not casts of UA. In Multi-target fights the shards will be plentiful, and dropping 3 UA's at a time means if you miss the first proc, its not contributing to your dps at all that entire cycle.

Purposely causing your UA to fall off seems like it would be a bad choice as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doDT3Nm3IIc

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I'm a bit confused on why the belt is BIS. There has to be some kind of caveat's to that statement. If you are running SC and 2 piece T20 like most of the top raiding locks are, along with Contagion, you are likely overlapping your UA's, so vastly reducing the chances for this to proc since it wont be falling off as often, Even without Contagion, your chances of trigging it at a 25% chance is 1 in 4 cycles, not casts of UA. In Multi-target fights the shards will be plentiful, and dropping 3 UA's at a time means if you miss the first proc, its not contributing to your dps at all that entire cycle.

Purposely causing your UA to fall off seems like it would be a bad choice as well.

I'm guessing you are talking about 2p T19 and not 2p T20 (as the go to is 2pt19/4pt20 for single target). With this build the goal is not to have 100% UA uptime, but instead to maintain a very high percentage of unstable afflictions under drain. (High UA coverage is generally for non-MG builds)

Also you very rarely cast 3+ unstable afflictions now (only when you are 4+ shards and proc'ing belt/soul conduit in which case the point is to not cap, not to save shards).

I went to reply, but when I went to edit a typo the reply got deleted. (twice actually)

I'm assuming you mean 2pt19 and not in fact 2pt20 (no one does 4pt19/2pt20). With 2pt19/4pt20 and MG your goal is not to maintain high uptime of contagion, but instead to fit as many UA ticks under drain as possible without shard capping. The only time you cast 3 or more UA's is if you are about to shard cap and you are proc'ing SC trying to dump down to 4. (in which case you don't want to proc shard saves anyways)

Also the belt is extremely powerful when you are low on shards. You can refresh dots, cast 1 UA, and have a 45% chance of saving that shard (and generating another from Agony/Corruption during your drain). This allows you to reliably build up shards and then continue doing dump/drain cycles.

TL;DR: You can use belt to manipulate shard saving more accurately and prevent shard starved situations. Contagion uptime is not a major point of the MG playstyle.

I didn't mention T19. I mean Soul Conduit + T20 2p bonus.

I didn't mention T19. I mean Soul Conduit + T20 2p bonus.
    The two piece bonus of T20 has absolutely nothing to do with SC or Contagion uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by StruuinXD View Post
    The two piece bonus of T20 has absolutely nothing to do with SC or Contagion uptime.
    How does a buff to shard gen (t20 2pc) not have anything to do with talents that depend on you spending shards?

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    How does a buff to shard gen (t20 2pc) not have anything to do with talents that depend on you spending shards?
    It's at best a minor nerf compared to t19 shard gen. (T20 2p < T19 4p)

Probably didn't phrase the quoted post correctly. Don't see how T20 2p + SC causes a large amount of UA overlap when at best it is slightly less shard gen than in NH, where helm + belt were king. Cast 2-3, drain, refresh dots, repeatgg.