Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Yeah, just ignore mobile and jump on the ps4's sales alone.
    What does mobile got to do with AMD? They have zero presence there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    What does mobile got to do with AMD? They have zero presence there.
    Does it really matter? When you are comparing the manufacturing output of two companies, you should look at every chip and market they are in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Does it really matter? When you are comparing the manufacturing output of two companies, you should look at every chip and market they are in.
    I'm not comparing any manufacturing output, nor was the user I was quoting. I was just saying that the PC hardware market is not "tiny" when compared to consoles.

And comparing it to mobile is useless, as AMD is hardly a major player there.

https://www.nordichardware.se/nyhete...p-sverige.html

The Radeon RX Vega costs as much as the GTX 1080 Ti

NordicHardware has obtained preliminary pricing information from Swedish distributors where the Radeon RX Vega price tag lands around 7,000 SEK excluding VAT. However, this is the purchase price for retailers and with VAT as well as own margins it seems to be a price tag that rarely lands at around SEK 9,000 including VAT. Sources of NordicHardware also testify that prices are generally different between manufacturers and models, and prices are currently without any detailed specifications. In other words, there is a possibility that the final retail prices change at the last minute, but our sources mean that prices are real and final. Something that made people transparent to Swedish dealers expresses the following around

Seriously? Like wtf? I really hope this isn't true.

Maybe US pricing will be different or I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Seriously? Like wtf? I really hope this isn't true.

Maybe US pricing will be different or I hope so.
    But based on the size of the chip, its gonna be hard for them to sell it cheaper. Its a lot of (crappy) silicon. They are so far behind is almost embarrassing tech wise. I want sell you a 1080, that uses more power, at the same price, sound good? The only compelling reason to get it is for freesync.

At that price point, (assuming pricing comes back down to "normal" ). Based on the firestrike scores, would it better just to buy 2 580's instead of a Vega?
    Last edited by RogueDurr; 2017-07-26 at 05:20 PM.

Apparently that's only a little higher than the price of a 1080 in Sweden. That said, if that is the pricing then it's pretty much DOA.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    So I'll do myself, and others on this forum, a favour and end the argument between you and me with this response.
    Therefore you will no longer be seeing any response regarding the topic you and I are currently discussing from me, whilst others will.
    That means this is your chance, you could write the most ridiculous stuff there is and I'd ignore it making you seemingly to have the last word even though factually it is not... don't waste it now... I don't give many people this opportunity.
    You have demonstrated your limited comprehention numerous times on this board, glad to see that you finally come to terms with it. Good luck Mr. AMD fanboiii.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems to be a little high from what I've expected. 7000 SEK is around $850, I expected $600-650.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Apparently that's only a little higher than the price of a 1080 in Sweden. That said, if that is the pricing then it's pretty much DOA.
    Aren't prices for AMD products in norway or even sweden for that matter priced higher then it should be compared to say the UK?

No it's a lot higher. 7000 is what distributors buy the cards for. A regular consumer would then have to pay the retailers profit margin and VAT on top of that.

Looks like RX Vega is another failure from AMD.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Looks like RX Vega is another failure from AMD.
    maybe, maybe not have a look at this https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017..._1080_ti_gsync

those "blind" tests are absolute worthless trash

especially in Doom lol where even FuryX/1070 always has 60+ fps at almost any res

anyway we'll know everything soon when the reviews are up and price are known

Deleted
    I found a gtx 1080 for 6000 and 1080 ti for 8500. If a vega would be 9k, it would compete with a 1080 ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    those "blind" tests are absolute worthless trash

especially in Doom lol where even FuryX/1070 always has 60+ fps at almost any res

anyway we'll know everything soon when the reviews are up and price are known
    Yeah, it was a 60hz Adaptive Sync Monitor. It may as well have not had Adaptive Sync. On a 60kz Monitor, you probably wouldn't see the difference between a 480 and 1080ti, since even a 480 holds above 60FPS in that game at 1440p. What a stupid "test." At least they admit it's not scientific or anything, but why even bother to put this out. If you are testing a 1080ti, test it with 1440p@144hz or 4k because that is what is going to matter. 1440p@60hz for a top end card?

They said at the end that AMD let them do it and lent them the equipment for it. I wonder who chose 1440p 60hz monitors. Probably AMD. See, I want to believe in AMD, but if AMD did in fact choose the equipment, then they purposefully chose monitors that were not physically capable of displaying the difference between the two. Can't wait for real third party reviews to come out, because this tells us nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yeah, it was a 60hz Adaptive Sync Monitor. It may as well have not had Adaptive Sync. On a 60kz Monitor, you probably wouldn't see the difference between a 480 and 1080ti, since even a 480 holds above 60FPS in that game at 1440p. What a stupid "test." At least they admit it's not scientific or anything, but why even bother to put this out. If you are testing a 1080ti, test it with 1440p@144hz or 4k because that is what is going to matter. 1440p@60hz for a top end card?

They said at the end that AMD let them do it and lent them the equipment for it. I wonder who chose 1440p 60hz monitors. Probably AMD. See, I want to believe in AMD, but if AMD did in fact choose the equipment, then they purposefully chose monitors that were not physically capable of displaying the difference between the two. Can't wait for real third party reviews to come out, because this tells us nothing.
    they were using 21:9 100 hz monitors, with resolution of 3440x1440p one freesync and on gsync they know the sience etc... behind the test is flawed and it's highly subjective and is nothing more then something they did more for the fun of it then anything else.

A full review will be done once the NDA lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    they were using 21:9 100 hz monitors, with resolution of 3440x1440p one freesync and on gsync they know the sience etc... behind the test is flawed and it's highly subjective and is nothing more then something they did more for the fun of it then anything else.

A full review will be done once the NDA lifts.
    Umm, I looked up the model number of the first monitor used and it was not a 100hz monitor. It was a 60hz monitor. I kind of assumed the second one was as well, I'll check though.

EDIT: Ok, upon second inspection, I must have clicked the wrong link or something, they are in fact 100hz monitors. My bad. That's still a sort of unfair comparison though, as at 100FPS in that game, you won't really see the difference between a 1080 and a 1080ti, since the 1080 is capable of producing 99.1 FPS in that game at stock. With adaptive sync on, I seriously doubt someone would notice that .9 FPS difference. So they really just compared it to a 1080, not a 1080ti. We already knew this thing was going to be about the power of a 1080, so this is nothing new. Put it on a 1440p@144hz or a 4k monitor and then do a blind test and see if people notice a difference.

the panels (and even panel types) on the monitors arent identical though (even without taking Freesync and Gsync into account)

that right there already makes the comparison pointless

also, a 1080Ti on 3440x1440 in Doom Vulkan will go above 100 fps a lot .. which means outside the 100hz Gsync range of that RoG monitor .. how did they set that up then ? if they left Vsync off then once above 100 fps - tearing/stutter could return .. if Vsync is on - input lag .. ideally you want to cap frames below 100 with RTSS - did they do that ?

of course with a 1080Ti you want to play Doom at 4K anyway and not 3440x1440

and like I said Doom isnt a good game to test such high-end cards on, you want much more demanding games with a lot more complexity going on the screen .. and of course in 4K

RotR, Witcher 3, maybe Ghostlands even (that one bends GPUs over @ 4K)

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    maybe, maybe not have a look at this https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017..._1080_ti_gsync
    1. Only used Doom, lol(amd flagship game)
    2. "I actually "dumbed down" the image quality on each panel so we could get closer image quality between the two panels."
    3. No scientific evidence, only opinion

...wow, sounds like the average AMD "review" to me.

I believe these cards will be 1080 slow or worse, expensive, hot, use lots of electricity, and have worse driver support. Effectively 2 gens behind, imho, as I can't imagine taking one of these cards vs even a 980ti classified or the like. It will be interesting to see the top 980 ti cards benchmark vs the high end amd cards when they release.

Prediction for 1 month from today: Modern high end AMD gaming will basically be equivalent to a 1080 on a Intel 2700k. Is it a bad system? No. It's just not what I would call bleeding edge. About 20-30% behind what is already out from Intel and Nvidia for gaming, and waaaaay behind what they have coming out right around the corner. A 7700k and a 1080ti are gonna lord over a fully built AMD system for 1440p ultra gaming by 20% fps on all games but Doom. We shall see.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-07-27 at 02:32 PM.