Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Does anyone else HATE Warchief Sylvanas

Ok so as the title says. I HATE this change to her character. I really liked Sylvanas when she was plotting behind the scenes and I felt it made her a interesting character. But her as warchief makes me so mad why give Voljin that whole arc in MoP if they were just going to kill him off an expansion later after doing nothing. I really hope the theory of her being behind the whole thing is true : /. but yeah what do you all think I personally hope that voljin comes back somehow or someone else takes over I hate the idea of the forsaken being the front of the horde.

maybe she was trying to birng vol'jin back by trying to make a deal with hayla, /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    She didn't do anything as warchief, continuing tradition started by vol'jin. So i don't think there is anything to hate specifically because she is warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    maybe she was trying to birng vol'jin back by trying to make a deal with hayla, /shrug
    I'd like that RIP Vol'jin. Eh screw it at this point Ji firepaw for warchief!! XD
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

there has been almost zero development of her since taking the mantle of warchief. (other than stormheim) but still it was vague at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes there is...but I'm sure the white knights who will defend any atrocity she committed will show up soon enough and defend her.

Vol'jin is definitely coming back. There are just too many hints.

But the fact that we change the Warchief every 2 expansions makes it look like a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    She didn't do anything as warchief, continuing tradition started by vol'jin. So i don't think there is anything to hate specifically because she is warchief.
    It just seems out of character for her considering the way she is/was and it happened so randomly. I love the rest of Legions lore but I feel its such a waste of Voljins character.

I like her as a character but hate her as a person. At some point she'll have to deal with the consequences of her actions, and it won't be pretty.

About being Warchief, either she will end up abusing her power or her responsibility will force her to do something she wouldn't do otherwise. It may be a redeeming action or the final crossing of the evil line.

Deleted
    I would marry her

The playerbase has been asking for Sylvanas to be warchief since the beginning. Now they got it and the writers have no idea what to do with her.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I like her as a character but hate her as a person. At some point she'll have to deal with the consequences of her actions, and it won't be pretty.

About being Warchief, either she will end up abusing her power or her responsibility will force her to do something she wouldn't do otherwise. It may be a redeeming action or the final crossing of the evil line.
    Honestly I'm 50/50 on the redemption or crossing the line it will be interesting on how it plays out. I honestly love the idea of her manipulating Vol'jin before he dies to give the mantle to her

Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    why give Voljin that whole arc in MoP if they were just going to kill him off an expansion later after doing nothing.
    I know WoD was prob like the least popular expansion, but it still existed.

Also, what do you hate? The title of warchief being applied to her specifically? IIRC, she's been leading the offensives as a warchief would, and yet still doing her own secret thing on the side. How is this not fitting to her character?

Just some questions
    Last edited by Ronissassa; 2017-07-26 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The playerbase has been asking for Sylvanas to be warchief since the beginning. Now they got it and the writers have no idea what to do with her.

Just like Volgin, they'll kill her off.

I must admit I had never considered it before, but it would make for an interesting story if loa Vol'jin had a sort of "dark council" and was the true leader of the horde through sylvanas. Or just him telling sylvanas to revive his body and we get undead- troll- loa warchief.

Honestly I'm 50/50 on the redemption or crossing the line it will be interesting on how it plays out. I honestly love the idea of her manipulating Vol'jin before he dies to give the mantle to her
    Personally, I don't wanna her redeemed. It would ruin the narrative, as she's done too many horrid things. But I don't count that out, since she's very popular and many people will not like her dying a villain. On another forum, I commented how I think she may die after killing other characters (probably Jaina or Genn) to justify her death, or she may die by the hand of a Horde hero, who just got too fed up with her after she crosses the line. Another possibility is that she does something pretty bad but is killed by her own actions. Either way, I don't expect her to be an actual raid boss like Garrosh; such developments could happen in cinematics like Varian's or Vol'jin's during an epic quest chain or some other in-game event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I was never deeply enamored of Sylvanas' character before her ascension to Warchief - and so far in Legion she's not done much to change my existing opinion for better or worse. I do like Sylvanas in her role as the "token evil teammate" of the Horde leadership, and I think she makes a good anti-hero (or anti-villain depending on your perspective).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I hate it. I don't need another woman leader in virtual life, especially not an (un)dead one. Give me some respectful warrior or shaman leader, not a rotten woman.

I haven't read much lore about Sylvanas, but what I have read, she was very hostile against the blood elf leader, Lor'themar. Basically she had threatend this guy and the blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It just seems out of character for her considering the way she is/was and it happened so randomly. I love the rest of Legions lore but I feel its such a waste of Voljins character.
    You mean military leader being military leader ? Sure as hell seems out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoux View Post
    I hate it. I don't need another woman leader in virtual life, especially not an (un)dead one. Give me some respectful warrior or shaman leader, not a rotten woman.

I haven't read much lore about Sylvanas, but what I have read, she was very hostile against the blood elf leader, Lor'themar. Basically she had threatend this guy and the blood elves.
    He was hostile against a lot of members of the horde. I love the "watch your clever mouth bitch!" scene in silverpine with Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You mean military leader being military leader ? Sure as hell seems out of character.
    Considering her interest was that of the forsaken i'd say its a little odd having her be warchief considering barely anyone trusts her in the horde. I mean look at Baines face when Voljin makes her warchief.