View Poll Results: How do you feel about this?

Voters
124. This poll is closed
  • Justice was served

10 8.06%
  • Justice was not served - more severe sentence needed

6 4.84%
  • Polygamy is okay if both parties agree

107 86.29%
  • Polygamy is okay but only in some cases

1 0.81%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/canadian...ving-25-wives/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/canadian...ving-25-wives/

Good grief.

25 wives? Can you believe this guy?
    Over 100 kids with them. Many who showed up to defend him?

How do you feel about this? Whose side are you on?
    Honestly the legality of it is kind of dumb. This issue in America really only becomes a tax issue due to multiple dependents. But in terms of legality polygamy should face the same benefits and discrimination of same sex marriage. (Meaning if you are against same sex and buy into those reasons then you would be against polygamy, if you support same sex marriage, then you should support polygamy for the same reasons)

Honestly I don't see how in 2017 you could get 25 women to go along with this without some form of brainwashing. Because its not as though the women are allowed to go outside the marriage as in an open relationship. They are expected to be monogamous.
    I mean while a few of those girls look a little... unfortunate, I'd get with any one of em...

Coming from a protestant home, I can tell you that polygamy is definitely looked down upon and viewed as a sin. But realistically this is about as old testament biblical as you can get. Marriage (according to the Bible *if you believe that* was supposed to be a monogamous relationship) yet throughout the old testament God chooses people who take up multiple wives, and blesses each bloodline. You would think if the practice was truly abhorred by God, he would have blessed one bloodline, and left the others to ruin. You have to concede there are inconsistencies. I know religion is a no no, but really our modern day views on marriage have strong Judeo-Christian roots.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-07-26 at 04:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Do you believe all religious behaviour should be protected?
    As long as it doesn't infringe on other's freedoms, why not?

Hahaha, what is the damn problem? People need to mind their own damn business, as long as it's not a cult and he's treating all 25 wives right. This guy is a baller.

Deleted
    25? lmao

poor man

I guess I don't understand how it's illegal. In the eyes of the courts he has one wife. If he built a mansion and started a magazine, while simultaneously dating 6 women no one would bat an eye.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Funny how the state dares not intrude on dubious religious practices of islamists, but mormons get stomped on.
    I guess following an exotic branch of christianity in a sharia country *is* unwise.

I think it should be fine from a legel standpoint. It's an outlier anyway.

I do think that the women that willingly participate in this are probably damaged goods though. They are clearly not right in the head.

Deleted
    Personally I would not survive more than one wife's nagging

This man must be immune to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Personally I would not survive more than one wife's nagging

This man must be immune to it.
    I think given that he managed to have 25 of them in parallel, they take the "serve your husband" part quite serious and just shut the fuck up, otherwise he would have been torn to pieces by now .

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i very much hate freedom of religion. i'll gladly admit that. it should be one of the things amended in the constitution.

and this is all polygamous people are. horny rat bastards that want some excuse to say they need more than one person to fuck.
    Does your tone change when it comes to the LBGTQ community, specifically bi-sexuals who by nature need more than one type of person to fuck? Or are you against the LBGTQ community as well? I have no idea how you lean politically, but the point I'm leading to is that American progressives are very selective about their tolerance, which is of course the opposite of tolerance:

- Defend Muslims / despise Evangelical Christians
    - Defend gays and 'marriage equality' / despise Polygamists
    - and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    Hahaha, what is the damn problem? People need to mind their own damn business, as long as it's not a cult and he's treating all 25 wives right. This guy is a baller.
    Bountiful BC is a cult, The women have been groomed from birth.

They also share their children with the YFZ ranch in texas. You may recognize it as being raided and all the children removed because of sexual abuse and underage marriages.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2017-07-26 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Under normal circumstances I'd agree, however these kinds of polygamous religious communities tend to raise the kids from birth in a cult-like environment programming them to believe that they have to accept being married to polygamous men and in general the lifestyle set out for them by the religion.

So I think the question of consent is clouded in this case.
    Again, that's a cult problem. Not a polygamy problem.

As long as all participants involved are of legal age and consent to what they are getting into knowingly I don't see how this is a problem. If a guy is sneaking around their backs and hiding it from them that would be a problem but if all of them knowingly enter into this arrangement meh more power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    As long as all participants involved are of legal age and consent to what they are getting into knowingly I don't see how this is a problem. If a guy is sneaking around their backs and hiding it from them that would be a problem but if all of them knowingly enter into this arrangement meh more power to them.
    Everyone keeps saying "As long as..." without looking into the cult surrounding this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I seen a documentary on this group on HBO vice show. When they have sons, they try to kick them out and get rid of them because they don't want any more males cutting in on their action.
    Literally acting like lions.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with multiple partners, but from a legal aspect it's certainly a problem. Now if the government/state steps out of marriage altogether, that's a different story. Also, I wouldn't get married to one woman, much less 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Some of those ladies are damn attractive.
    None of which seems troubled by the presence of the others...
    My mind be boggled...
    That's always my first thought in situations like this. Women tend to hate other women, especially those their man is interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    Does your tone change when it comes to the LBGTQ community, specifically bi-sexuals who by nature need more than one type of person to fuck? Or are you against the LBGTQ community as well? I have no idea how you lean politically, but the point I'm leading to is that American progressives are very selective about their tolerance, which is of course the opposite of tolerance:

- Defend Muslims / despise Evangelical Christians
    - Defend gays and 'marriage equality' / despise Polygamists
    - and so on...
    i already altered my stance a bit. despise freedom of religion in general, so i do not defend muslims. i've repeatedly spoken about how much i despise the head covering women are forced to wear.

also, i'm bi, and i do not need more than one partner. that's just a stupid lie about bi people. i'm as monogamous as it gets.

I think polygamy is fine if all people are over 18 and they are not forced into it. If they are all legal adults, it should be their right to live that lifestyle if they choose it.

He must have had a lot of money to keep 25 wives happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    love is love? are you not for marriage equality?
    Wait what> 25 wives> How does he have time for them all?