Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Still means that arguably Nintendo hasn't had much in the way of 3rd party support for ~15-20 years depending on how pessimistic you are. At least on the home console side of things. Obviously the handheld market is a bit different. It will be interesting to see how that changes with the Switch being a hybrid system going forward. With the predicted run-down of the 3DS, those developers will have to migrate to the Switch unless they want to wade into the mobile market. (AKA unfiltered shitshow)
    The only home console they didn't have 3rd party support for is N64 and Wii-U. The Gamecube had a small bit of support.

In this day in age you can't live on one side of the coin. Xbox shows lack of exclusives hurt and Wii-U showed lack of 3rd party support hurts. You need something to fill in the gaps and gives people reasons to own your system.

The Switch has a golden moment because it does something that the other two consoles can't and that's go mobile. Hell there is many 3rd party games I would buy or rebuy on The Switch just because of its mobile aspect.

Its one reason I love my Vita because there is many titles on it that's shared on PS4 and I got remote play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How is 4.7m exactly bad for the spring months?

That puts the Switch at about on par with the Xbox One 4 months in, and much higher than the 360 or ps3 4 months in.
    Its bad because the system would have sold a hell of a lot more if Nintendo stocked the dam thing.

They missed out on a huge chuck of sells and it doesn't look like stock is changing anytime soon.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill admit originally I thought it would do close to 6m by now, but the supply shortage is far worse than I imagined. I do think that games are going to start rolling out a lot faster now, and the holiday season looks fairly busy for a new console. I will predict 6.5-7.5m sold by end of September. You really think they will have trouble selling more than 1.3m from July to September? This is mostly directed at Tech. I was wrong, but again how is the Switch doing bad?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The only home console they didn't have 3rd party support for is N64 and Wii-U. The Gamecube had a small bit of support.

In this day in age you can't live on one side of the coin. Xbox shows lack of exclusives hurt and Wii-U showed lack of 3rd party support hurts. You need something to fill in the gaps and gives people reasons to own your system.

The Switch has a golden moment because it does something that the other two consoles can't and that's go mobile. Hell there is many 3rd party games I would buy or rebuy on The Switch just because of its mobile aspect.

Its one reason I love my Vita because there is many titles on it that's shared on PS4 and I got remote play.

- - - Updated - - -

Its bad because the system would have sold a hell of a lot more if Nintendo stocked the dam thing.

They missed out on a huge chuck of sells and it doesn't look like stock is changing anytime soon.
    Switch sold over 100k units last week in Japan alone for Spatoon 2.

Switch sold over 100k units last week in Japan alone for Spatoon 2.
    Ok and? Japan isn't lacking in Switch's the rest of the world is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, its bad compared to what they could have done. Still its on par with the Xbox One, and still much better than last gen systems. Even if it continues to sell at this rate, it will sell more than 50m over 5 years. Thats not bad. Not anything special, but I think its safe to say Nintendo averted another WiiU level disaster.

but I think its safe to say Nintendo averted another WiiU level disaster.
    Don't count ur chickens before they hatch, The Wii-U also sold good in its first year. Its way to soon to even assume how well The Switch will do.

I hope it does great, That does require Nintendo to not be Nintendo so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok and? Japan isn't lacking in Switch's the rest of the world is.
    Japan absolutely is still lacking in Switches. I dont think Nintendo could provide enough stock there even if they doubled production.

My point was that they have never had a week that big since launch. Could have been all stockpiled, but could also be a sign that supply is very slowly catching up with demand. We shall see.

Yes, its bad compared to what they could have done. Still its on par with the Xbox One, and still much better than last gen systems. Even if it continues to sell at this rate, it will sell more than 50m over 5 years. Thats not bad. Not anything special, but I think its safe to say Nintendo averted another WiiU level disaster.
    No. It's not selling 50 million in 5 years. Especially if Nintendo keep up with this limited stock BS.

They haven't averted anything yet.

Half of their software sales consists of 3-4 games among other things. Not to mention the stick they are getting for other stuff such as voice chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't count ur chickens before they hatch, The Wii-U also sold good in its first year. Its way to soon to even assume how well The Switch will do.

I hope it does great, That does require Nintendo to not be Nintendo so much.
    Nintendo sold 5.86m units of the WiiU worldwide in its first 13 months. That is nothing even close to selling good in its first year. The Switch is selling at least 2 times faster. If not close to 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    No. It's not selling 50 million in 5 years. Especially if Nintendo keep up with this limited stock BS.

They haven't averted anything yet.

Half of their software sales consists of 3-4 games among other things. Not to mention the stick they are getting for other stuff such as voice chat.
    Perhaps they are not willing to lose money on consoles by buying more expensive parts, but they absolutely are not sitting on millions of Switches just to create artificial demand. Dont be ridiculous.

Nintendo sold 5.86m units of the WiiU worldwide in its first 13 months. That is nothing even close to selling good in its first year. The Switch is selling at least 2 times faster. If not close to 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps they are not willing to lose money on consoles by buying more expensive parts, but they absolutely are not sitting on millions of Switches just to create artificial demand. Dont be ridiculous.
    Where did I say they were sitting on Switches? Why are you putting words in my mouth?

Nowhere did I state they were creating artificial demand. So please don't do that again.

Oh I'm fine with ports, Hell I'm fine with remasters. I like having all my eggs in one basket.

I don't care how The Switch gets it it needs 3rd party support, So far it's has a decent amount of both.

You know u want Mario Xcom
    Never even played Xcom, so I won't know what I'm missing

I said good, I didn't say great or say The Switch wasn't outselling it.

Your assuming again...

Look at Nintendo's track record, Its not hard to figure out why stock is limited and it isn't because of "Expensive parts"

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Eh was never a fan of Xcom personally. Best way I would describe it is turn based and strategic/tactical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Its a ok (great for some) TBS.

I just think its neat as well and something different with the IP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, Microsoft only sold 1.2m consoles from Jan1 to March31 the first year on the market.

- - - Updated - - -

I said good, I didn't say great or say The Switch wasn't outselling it.

Your assuming again...

Look at Nintendo's track record, Its not hard to figure out why stock is limited and it isn't because of "Expensive parts"
    You sound like a conspiracy theorist. To actually think they are creating artificial demand by holding back millions on consoles. Give me a break.

Also, Microsoft only sold 1.2m consoles from Jan1 to March31 the first year on the market.

- - - Updated - - -

You sound like a conspiracy theorist. To actually think they are creating artificial demand by holding back millions on consoles. Give me a break.
    And to be fair you have evidence they aren't? Brig might not have any solid evidence here but neither do you.

They have done it since the Wii(If not early'er).....

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Where did I say they were sitting on Switches? Why are you putting words in my mouth?

Nowhere did I state they were creating artificial demand. So please don't do that again.
    So why is it BS that they have limited stock?

Even Sony managed to only sell 3.5m playstations in the first 3 months of 2014. Thats combined sales of ps2, ps3, and ps4. At best they sold 700k more ps4s than switches. Now, how is it that Nintendo are just being stupid when they have low stock, but other consoles get away with it?

Even Sony managed to only sell 3.5m playstations in the first 3 months of 2014. Thats combined sales of ps2, ps3, and ps4. At best they sold 700k more ps4s than switches. Now, how is it that Nintendo are just being stupid when they have low stock, but other consoles get away with it?
    The difference is Sony didn't expect the PS4 to sell so well and they had the system restocked just a couple months later. We are 5 (nearly 6) months into the life of The Switch and the fucking thing is still hard to find.

It took Sony about 2 months to have PS4's on the shelf and in stock. They even rushed out more systems in its first month.

Did I ever say it was BS?

I said both of you haven't exactly provided ample evidence on why or why not Nintendo might be doing/not doing it.

Erm...they sold 4.2 million in a bit over a month, with Microsoft selling 3 million - http://bgr.com/2014/01/07/playstation-4-sales-2013/

And yes, Sony had supply issues early on as well. Those happen, but they've been abnormally bad for the Switch.