10+ Year Old Account

How do you deal with Necrotic as Vengeance?

My other 2 tanks (BrM/BDK) has no issues dealing with it since they have a great AoE snare, but I have trouble dealing with it on my VDH.

A lot of people recommend getting Razor Spikes talent, but it looks pretty useless. It only procs from your melee damage and pretty much the only time I have a problem with Necrotic is when there are 5+ adds stacking it up on me quickly. You just don't don't have time to tab target through them all to snare them.

The only real ability we have to deal with it is Sigil of Chains which is an AoE 70% snare and lets use get away, but it's on a 1.5m CD. For places like Nelth or Lower Kara where every other pull is a pack of 5+ mobs, it's not that great.

The real only surefire way I could deal with it is by relying on a Shaman/Mage/Fury/etc to use their AoE snare before I kite or by not running those dungeons at all, which I think is pretty lame.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

You can easily kite the mobs, no need to snare them. Do something like InfernalStrike in -> (cast stuff till you cant handle the stacks or want to do more or less damage) -> InfernalStrike out. Even if its just leap in and out, one infernal strike alone with the flame sigil that spawn should be plenty enough to keep aggro for the pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had issues, it's pretty rare that someone in group doesn't have an AoE snare. If you really need to, Soul Cleave + Razor Spikes and save charges of Leap to get out since you won't have Abyssal Strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I've never had issues, it's pretty rare that someone in group doesn't have an AoE snare. If you really need to, Soul Cleave + Razor Spikes and save charges of Leap to get out since you won't have Abyssal Strike.
    Does SC with RS AoE snare them? Thought it was only melee attacks not all physical attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axisotaku View Post
    You can easily kite the mobs, no need to snare them. Do something like InfernalStrike in -> (cast stuff till you cant handle the stacks or want to do more or less damage) -> InfernalStrike out. Even if its just leap in and out, one infernal strike alone with the flame sigil that spawn should be plenty enough to keep aggro for the pull.
    Can't kite them if they're not snared, especially in small narrow hallways in Kara. My problem isn't with mobility, it's with getting mobs to not chase me so fast.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Does SC with RS AoE snare them? Thought it was only melee attacks not all physical attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't kite them if they're not snared, especially in small narrow hallways in Kara. My problem isn't with mobility, it's with getting mobs to not chase me so fast.
    It doesn't say melee auto attacks, just melee attacks. Honestly I'm unsure though, I run with a small group of people every week and we pretty much have always had an AoE snare, I just kept that idea in my back pocket in case I ever needed to try.

Edit: Tested it real quick, does work.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't say melee auto attacks, just melee attacks. Honestly I'm unsure though, I run with a small group of people every week and we pretty much have always had an AoE snare, I just kept that idea in my back pocket in case I ever needed to try.

Edit: Tested it real quick, does work.
    Awesome, good to know. Thanks! I guess SC still does have a use....

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, good to know. Thanks! I guess SC still does have a use....
    Sure thing and best of luck, even with kiting and such, Necrotic is one of my most hated affixes as a DH lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure thing and best of luck, even with kiting and such, Necrotic is one of my most hated affixes as a DH lol
    Yeah, it's one of my favorites on my Monk just because I have 1000000 ways to deal with it.

Yes - Razor Spikes + Soul Cleave has been the traditional way for VDHs to cope with Necrotic. Abyssal Strike is also an option as it gives you more mobility for kiting. Soul Barrier should prevent the dot damage, but the true danger of Necrotic is the healing debuff. Leech is exempt from the debuff, making Soul Rending and Fragment lego more valuable. I am not sure about the 'leech-like' effect from Frailty. Does anyone know?

Tbh, I haven't worried much about Necrotic since it got nerfed. It resets when out of combat now, and typically doesn't become a killer unless you chain-pull without giving it a second or two to reset. Keep in mind that Shadow Meld drops you from combat!

Why is necrotic still a problem for ppl? U have spirit bomb > leech > necrotic , and if u rly get in troubles use yhe slow from sigils of chains or the cc from misery and leap away, ask for a stun from party...there are so many ways to not care about it. Necrotic is a joke after yhe nerfs

I have 1000000 ways to deal with it.
    Yet you only need 1, ring of peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuma View Post
    Why is necrotic still a problem for ppl? U have spirit bomb > leech > necrotic , and if u rly get in troubles use yhe slow from sigils of chains or the cc from misery and leap away, ask for a stun from party...there are so many ways to not care about it. Necrotic is a joke after yhe nerfs
    Pretty sure leech no longer by passes necrotic.

Either way it's still not a big deal anymore, tbh only a few packs in lower kara and HoV are kite worthy the rest you can just face tank the entire thing.

I know they changed leech. What im saying is the dmg you output with spirit bomb in packs with the leech debuff its to easy to counter the debuff after the nerfs, when your doing 1.5m+ crits and over 1 mil dmg , you can tank the trash even if the healer is afk. Like you said some packs are pesky , but the usuall runs like eoa,cos,nl ,arcway,dht im yet to find a pack where necrotic is a problem.

Since the leech change, I found that Soul Barrier is the best counter to Necrotic. The minimum absorb shield is not diminished by the affix, so you still have full absorb on every single hit, smoothing the damage you take by a lot for 12s, I use that as the last defensive cooldown, when I have high stacks, and my health basically doesn't drop.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

You kill adds, as a dh i found it to be problematic at 30+ stacks or so when the healing reduction is almost 100%. Our new lege legs and kj trinket makes us really tanky all the time so necrotic aint a problem unless you be dealing with m+15 fort adds with necrotic

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    You kill adds, as a dh i found it to be problematic at 30+ stacks or so when the healing reduction is almost 100%. Our new lege legs and kj trinket makes us really tanky all the time so necrotic aint a problem unless you be dealing with m+15 fort adds with necrotic
    Legendary legs are pretty good for raiding, but not sure why anyone would ever equip them in mythic+. Both trinkets, boots, gloves all much better options for M+. Hell I might even take Soul of the Slayer and Sephuz over them for mythic+.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-07-28 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Legendary legs are pretty good for raiding, but not sure why anyone would ever equip them in mythic+. Both trinkets, boots, gloves all much better options for M+. Hell I might even take Soul of the Slayer and Sephuz over them for mythic+.
    Cause I dont have much leges and the almost 100% uptime on 15% agi is sweet. I'm running with Prydaz and legs for most my 15+ mythics and for the KJ trinket I meant the one that drops from the ToS last boss that reduces our meta cd.

Make a guildy tank instead
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.