Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lazy Design. It would actually take time to make great vertical landscapes and multi layered zones but nah, lets put 40 blank jagged mountains between you and your goal, People will praise blizz regardless.

Blizzard during WOD hems and haws about Flying angering the player base. Then they make the announcement that there will be no more flying in WOW. Shortly after that, THe Blizzard shareholders meeting announces that WOD lost 50% of the player base, started at 10 million , went to 5 million, the bleed continues. Blizzard makes a announcement that they have heard thee players so Flying will comeback but you have to finish a lengthy and grindy Pathfinder achv. Subs continue to bleed.
    Social media was going nuts when they said no flying. The message boards did too. Things got so bad that they stopped reporting sub numbers. But go ahead and say that flying was not the driving force for people quitting.
    Time to put another troll on ignore
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Blizzard during WOD hems and haws about Flying angering the player base. Then they make the announcement that there will be no more flying in WOW. Shortly after that, THe Blizzard shareholders meeting announces that WOD lost 50% of the player base, started at 10 million , went to 5 million, the bleed continues. Blizzard makes a announcement that they have heard thee players so Flying will comeback but you have to finish a lengthy and grindy Pathfinder achv. Subs continue to bleed.
    Social media was going nuts when they said no flying. The message boards did too. Things got so bad that they stopped reporting sub numbers. But go ahead and say that flying was not the driving force for people quitting.
    I do agree with your general disdain of how they've handled flying in WoW from WoD to now, but correlation isn't always causation. There's a lot of factors that went into people dumping WoW in droves during WoD. Sure, I agree that the flying stuff is one of them, but it's far from the only one.

I don't look at the environment: I accept my quests, shuffle on over to where the yellow circle is on my map, hover over mobs, if I see 0/11 in the tool tip I pull a bunch of them and kill it. If it's a looting quest I look for sparklies away from as many mobs as possible. Shit like trees and building design or whatever means nothing to me. If it doesn't have to do with my objective and isn't in the way I don't look at it. I play on a pve server :] From what I've seen most people avoid wpvp at all costs. There's always those 2 or 3 guys though that'll come running if someone is like /1 Can someone kill these alliance/horde over here? If Blizzard wants me to do wpvp just give me a reason, that's it. Just give me something for doing it. I have 857 unique pets, do I like pet battling? fuck no I hate it, but I get achievements for doing it and ranking on WarcraftPets. I have 366 toys, do I use them? Fuck no but I get achievements for collecting them. I have hundreds of transmogs for every armor type, I spend a good majority of my time farming transmog but do I transmog my characters? Fuck no they are ugly as shit but I get achievements for collecting appearances. If blizz wanted me (or others like me) to wpvp all they would have to do is make an achievement for killing 25 (then 50, 100, 200, etc) players in the world and boom I'd be out there just waiting for someone to walk by me. Just give me a reason to do it, because I personally don't like pvp but if there are epeen points involved (or a pet, or a toy, or title, or xmog) I'll be there.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    As others have said, if the incentives are too good for spending all your time on Argus (crafting mats, tons of WQs etc) and the terrain is very hard to traverse, then it's really, really bad to not have the ability to take flight. If they actually thought about it and made it easier to go from zone to zone then i have no issue with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    As the title states, personally i'm relieved that there is going to be no-flying on Argus.

For one, it wouldn't make sense to have it there especially since the sky box contains un obtainable places on Argus, just the view that creates the illusion of a broken world, which is awesome and could only really be achieved without flying.
    Agreed, they can do so much more with the art side of terrain without flying... in some ways. They're completely unimaginative when they create zones with flying in mind. They never do any vertical stuff.

Genuine question, why doesn't putting someone on your ignore list not hide threads made by them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Genuine question, why doesn't putting someone on your ignore list not hide threads made by them?
    Yea i wish it did this too. There are so many threads I click into and it's a Jaylock thread. I wish it made his threads not show up in the forums at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I imagine because it's not doable. I mean your best bet there is to ask Chaud on the matter.

Just a wild guess on my part. Or you could ask a Blue I guess.

Right so all the thousands and thousands of posts saying why they quit, plus Blizzard saying " we heard you and Flying is coming back." are not evidence. Now you are just trolling
    Yeah it was so important to them that they went right back on ignoring flight for the first two major patches of legion. Must of not been so worried about people leaving over flight after all.

- - - Updated - - -

If flying was the be all and end all like you claim adding it would of stopped the sub bleeding. It didn't. Maybe because it wasn't actually important perhaps?
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I do agree with your general disdain of how they've handled flying in WoW from WoD to now, but correlation isn't always causation. There's a lot of factors that went into people dumping WoW in droves during WoD. Sure, I agree that the flying stuff is one of them, but it's far from the only one.
    The thing is....the last official word we have on how well Legion is performing is that the subs are only reaching the same levels as WoD. So that's ~5mil in a best case scenario. Profits are up, however, due to the wow token having increased utility(effectively being able to trade wow gold for real life products via battle.net wallet).

People need to stop confusing what's good for Blizzard profits with what's good for the game and the players. Converting flight to the pathfinder system was a masterful move from a business standpoint. That doesn't mean it actually made the game better. Good luck on getting any Blizz fanboi to recognize that, though. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Yeah it was so important to them that they went right back on ignoring flight for the first two major patches of legion. Must of not been so worried about people leaving over flight after all.

- - - Updated - - -

If flying was the be all and end all like you claim adding it would of stopped the sub bleeding. It didn't. Maybe because it wasn't actually important perhaps?
    It didnt stop the bleeding because so many just go Tired of Blizzards bullshit.

NAd how did ignoring flying again like they did work out for them? More lost subs .. "Slightly aheaD of WOD " Not a good place to be. I have seen it argued that Wow feels about as dead now as it did at the end of WOD.
    IOn hates flying so he punished people that liked.

But your right so many people must hate flying that why they farm and grind for the flying mounts for hours and days on end.

Case in point.

Doomchicken, you do realize that flying in Legion was ass, right? 8 months of time needed to unlock it, followed by the very next content patch without flight. Not to mention an entire expansion's worth of content that WASN'T designed to use flight.

Flight in legion is bad because Blizzard basically ignored that it even exists. There's no content designed to USE flying. It was just dropped in after it wasn't relevant. If you want a reason why flying wasn't the great saviour of Legion, there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The thing is....the last official word we have on how well Legion is performing is that the subs are only reaching the same levels as WoD. So that's ~5mil in a best case scenario. Profits are up, however, due to the wow token having increased utility(effectively being able to trade wow gold for real life products via battle.net wallet).

People need to stop confusing what's good for Blizzard profits with what's good for the game and the players. Converting flight to the pathfinder system was a masterful move from a business standpoint. That doesn't mean it actually made the game better. Good luck on getting any Blizz fanboi to recognize that, though. :/
    The problem with using that phrase is that you're using it with absolutely zero context. Reaching the same levels as WoD can be used in the positive or negative context as in you could say that its reached what WoD was at the start or what WoD was at it's lowest with actual zero evidence of either. Naturally since you have an agenda you've chosen the later.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

I kept hearing ," Wait till TOS launches people will be back in droves.." and evidently they were not back in droves. Talked to my Nephew who still plays...His Raiding guild just lost interest in it and disbanded Now all I see on the forums is people sayuing they only log in for a couple hours a week, and a bunch saying they have not even bothered with the new Raid.

Summertime is a bad time to try and launch a raid like TOS but from the video i have seen of the raid, looks rather boring. Overly complicated raid bosses for the sake of being complicated does not = Fun or engaging game play

Pathfinder model would be fine if it could be completed whenever an expansion is actually launched, rather than having it artificially stretched out to a later date by making it a multi-part achievement stretched out over the course of months.

It didnt stop the bleeding because so many just go Tired of Blizzards bullshit.

NAd how did ignoring flying again like they did work out for them? More lost subs .. "Slightly aheaD of WOD " Not a good place to be. I have seen it argued that Wow feels about as dead now as it did at the end of WOD.
    IOn hates flying so he punished people that liked.

But your right so many people must hate flying that why they farm and grind for the flying mounts for hours and days on end.
    It didn't stop the bleeding because it wasn't the actual problem with the game. When WoD came out the subs hit 10 mill. Everyone that paid an iota of attention knew flying wasn't in, yet still played. Then stopped playing because the game sucked and there was no end game content. If flying was the be all and end all it would never of hit that peak in the first place and you know this.

If you actually believe that people in business would hurt their own income ON PURPOSE just to spite a playerbase you are beyond delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying would feel weird on Argus. Its 3 different zones that dont connect. It would make it incredibly small and it would also be wierd to hit walls when trying to fly near the edges of the small zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Pathfinder model would be fine if it could be completed whenever an expansion is actually launched, rather than having it artificially stretched out to a later date by making it a multi-part achievement stretched out over the course of months.
    This ^ we should have been flying after a month or two. Not 8 months in or whenever pathfinder came out. Leveling without flying at launch is fine. I was 110 after 30ish hours. There is no point in not having flying after that.

It didn't stop the bleeding because it wasn't the actual problem with the game. When WoD came out the subs hit 10 mill. Everyone that paid an iota of attention knew flying wasn't in, yet still played. Then stopped playing because the game sucked and there was no end game content. If flying was the be all and end all it would never of hit that peak in the first place and you know this.

If you actually believe that people in business would hurt their own income ON PURPOSE just to spite a playerbase you are beyond delusional.
    At the start of WOD all Blizzard said about flying was it would be here SOON®

Companies hurt their own income all the time. Sometimes on purpose. Ion is a narcissistic jerk who think he knows whats best for the paying customers and it cost him his ass. the No flying was just one of many Really terrible decisions that they made. It just so happens that stands out the most over some of the others. But for many that was the final straw and the reason they quit. And most didnt return