10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you do realize that
    1. people still have the dots from armageddons
    2. illidan sight ALSO gives dot
    3. there are also gravity bombs

right?

you make it sound like healers can just snap their fingers and pull 2M HPS on a whim without any regard to other mechanics....
    You are moving the goalpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

you do realize that
    1. people still have the dots from armageddons
    2. illidan sight ALSO gives dot
    3. there are also gravity bombs

right?

you make it sound like healers can just snap their fingers and pull 2M HPS on a whim without any regard to other mechanics....
    Does any of that exist in p3?

lol alpha already made niceTM WA for obelisks

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    lol alpha already made niceTM WA for obelisks
    what can you script in WA in regards to obelisks?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You are moving the goalpost
    actually no, Im not, Im just pointing out facts, that dont make the phase simple "heal XXXXXX damage every two seconds" or healing only "in chunks" and your theories about "mage easily surviving 10 seconds" are just made up without any regard to reality. Heck, i spent 10 seoncds looking into journal to find out mythic illidan dot does 180k dps person, that itself is another 3,5M HPS needed, clearly the huge nerf to the phase was absolutely warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    what can you script in WA in regards to obelisks?
    Looks like they just put up a few lines to act as guides, making it easier to gauge if it is safe. They were also practicing the flaming orb it looked like.

Did Alpha had their reset already?

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Did Alpha had their reset already?
    Not until tomorrow.

Does it look to anyone else like Alpha could have had the kill at least once on that last stream but the dps slows drastically sub 10%? And maybe the streamer himself isn't doing dmg for a bit. Multiple 3% or less wipes
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Does it look to anyone else like Alpha could have had the kill at least once on that last stream but the dps slows drastically sub 10%? And maybe the streamer himself isn't doing dmg for a bit. Multiple 3% or less wipes
    Kinda shows that the nerfs weren't needed yet. I'm sure that any of the current top 10 guilds are mechanically stronger then Alpha. If Alpha had 3%wipes without the nerfs I'm confident all the other top 10 guilds could kill him in the coming few weeks without any nerfs. Most of those guilds don't really burn out either because they don't daytime raid. Aka would it really harm guild like SB or FSY if the boss hadnt been nerfed?

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    If you are talking about the most recent stream, that was on heroic. They were practicing flaming orb and obelisks. Intentional wipes so they could keep practicing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Kinda shows that the nerfs weren't needed yet. I'm sure that any of the current top 10 guilds are mechanically stronger then Alpha. If Alpha had 3%wipes without the nerfs I'm confident all the other top 10 guilds could kill him in the coming few weeks without any nerfs. Most of those guilds don't really burn out either because they don't daytime raid. Aka would it really harm guild like SB or FSY if the boss hadnt been nerfed?
    I think people talk shit about Alpha because they are the only top 5 guild to stream so people can't really compare them to other top 5 guilds when you have 0 idea how their progression was.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    I think people talk shit about Alpha because they are the only top 5 guild to stream so people can't really compare them to other top 5 guilds when you have 0 idea how their progression was.
    I mean they've wiped what, 1300 times already, and weren't even close to a kill pre nerf (didn't progress p3 at all afaik) so clearly they're not to the standard of even Exorsus. The rest of the top 5 aren't day raiding and therefore have probably half the wipes of Alpha if that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    I mean they've wiped what, 1300 times already, and weren't even close to a kill pre nerf (didn't progress p3 at all afaik) so clearly they're not to the standard of even Exorsus. The rest of the top 5 aren't day raiding and therefore have probably half the wipes of Alpha if that.
    But do you know the progress of the other top 5 guilds?

How far/close are they to a kill?
    How many wipes in will take them to kill?
    Are they wiping to the same mistakes as Alpha?

Questions that cannot be answered therefor a comparison is silly.

I mean Alpha got 7/9 world 5th despite getting access to the raid 15 hours after EU. And the first day of mythic, a lot of guilds are day raiding. Can't really talk shit there.

I can't believe everyone didn't instantly kill the boss once minor nerfs went out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I can't believe everyone didn't instantly kill the boss once minor nerfs went out.
    wow it's almost as if guilds still have to learn an entire phase(s) despite these nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    wow it's almost as if guilds still have to learn an entire phase(s) despite these nerfs
    How hard can it be they have a video (said 300 people)

Quote Originally Posted by Owimyr View Post
    If you are talking about the most recent stream, that was on heroic. They were practicing flaming orb and obelisks. Intentional wipes so they could keep practicing.
    Ah, that makes sense. The mechanics seemed slow to me too but I didn't even think heroic in my head. Thanks for the answer @Owimyr

Good info for @willemh as well
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

10+ Year Old Account
    actually no, Im not, Im just pointing out facts, that dont make the phase simple "heal XXXXXX damage every two seconds" or healing only "in chunks" and your theories about "mage easily surviving 10 seconds" are just made up without any regard to reality. Heck, i spent 10 seoncds looking into journal to find out mythic illidan dot does 180k dps person, that itself is another 3,5M HPS needed, clearly the huge nerf to the phase was absolutely warranted.
    discussion was about damage of the dot alone, not about overall fight. Dot effect is not as devsatating as the person i was quoting tried to make people to believe, its damage, while high, not unhealable and neither too hardcore - because that output is expected from healers who sit through their full mana for the most of the fight.

And as i previously stated somewhere in this thread - current iteration of KJ is tuned towards people who raid 15 hours per day. It's literally impossible to do without overgearing (read: getting 6-7 weeks worth of gear from mythic tomb), so nerfs are expected to happen, so top 200 guilds can take a shot, then it will be nerfed again for all of us scrubs to join the fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Alpha was praticing KJ on hc guys... They are still stuck in the second transition on M.

I respect Alpha for streaming the progress but they are definitely not a good guild compared to "world first standard". SB/Aversion/Memento might beat them which would be pretty telling because they have day raided (or raided 10-12h per day for nearly 4 weeks now...).