Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Case in point.

Doomchicken, you do realize that flying in Legion was ass, right? 8 months of time needed to unlock it, followed by the very next content patch without flight. Not to mention an entire expansion's worth of content that WASN'T designed to use flight.

Flight in legion is bad because Blizzard basically ignored that it even exists. There's no content designed to USE flying. It was just dropped in after it wasn't relevant. If you want a reason why flying wasn't the great saviour of Legion, there it is.
    Then why did Cata and MoP which both had flying designed in mind from the get go have sub crushes too? I mean, if flying is so great and awesome then why didn't that stop people from leaving in droves then? Going to go out on a limb here and guess it's because the actual content is far far far more important than your mode of transport.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    At the start of WOD all Blizzard said about flying was it would be here SOON®

Companies hurt their own income all the time. Sometimes on purpose. Ion is a narcissistic jerk who think he knows whats best for the paying customers and it cost him his ass. the No flying was just one of many Really terrible decisions that they made. It just so happens that stands out the most over some of the others. But for many that was the final straw and the reason they quit. And most didnt return
    Most of the people quit well and truly before we got near the end of the expansion, especially before any major patch that could pertain to adding flying which is what they said they would do. Yet, people didn't stick around. Because the content sucked. THE CONTENT, the actual meat and bones of the game SUCKED. Not because of flying.

Also: If Ion was deliberately sabotaging the game on purpose and losing the company millions, don't you think he would of gotten FIRED for that? Didn't happen though...wonder why... (hint, they weren't sabotaging the game on purpose)
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Then why did Cata and MoP which both had flying designed in mind from the get go have sub crushes too? I mean, if flying is so great and awesome then why didn't that stop people from leaving in droves then? Going to go out on a limb here and guess it's because the actual content is far far far more important than your mode of transport.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the people quit well and truly before we got near the end of the expansion, especially before any major patch that could pertain to adding flying which is what they said they would do. Yet, people didn't stick around. Because the content sucked. THE CONTENT, the actual meat and bones of the game SUCKED. Not because of flying.

Also: If Ion was deliberately sabotaging the game on purpose and losing the company millions, don't you think he would of gotten FIRED for that? Didn't happen though...wonder why... (hint, they weren't sabotaging the game on purrpose)
    Cata had sub losses because it was one of the worst expansions and mop because people thought pandas were a joke lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Cata had sub losses because it was one of the worst expansions and mop because people thought pandas were a joke lol.
    Yet I could say that it was because people hated flying, yet you couldn't prove me wrong right? I mean, I have this feature I don''t like and the numbers were dropping... (note I know it wasn't because of flying, just like I know WoD's wasn't because of flying)
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I agree Jay. Be nice to be on the ground again for a change exploring Argus in all it's glory.
    I don't get these comments. Exploring is so much more fulfilling with a flying mount. You can see far off views, take in sceneries, and still get up close to the ground. FLYING is better for exploration.

Deleted
    I'm diametrically opposed to flying. May it never return.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit at 7.2 when that shit show launched. Biggest content patch ever my ass
    Too much rng, too much pruning , not enough fun.
    This current dev team needs to be replaced and until they are they wont get a dime from me

- - - Updated - - -

LMAo yeah so many people want no flying that Blizzard has been forced to change its direction a few times on it. They lost 50% of the player base when they said no flying in WOD. But it was too late
    If you think that 50% of the player base let their sub lapse because of No-Flying, i have some beach front property in Arizona to sell you.

It couldn't possibly be that the game is *GASP* old, or that life gets in the way, or that people play other games for awhile. Why do you think that people have to be 100% subscribed to a game forever to measure whether the game is successful or not.

Hate to break it to you buddy, but WoW is the most successful and STILL is the most successful and most played MMO of all time, and that will continue to be the case for many MANY years to come.

- - - Updated - - -

All? No. Most? Yes that was the straw that broke the camels back for them. Dont try to pretend it was not a factor or Blizzard would not have changed their minds and brought in Pathfinder. Did they learn their lesson for Legion? No..no they did not
    Oh look at all the factual data to support your asinine conclusion that No-Flying was the primary factor in 50% of the player base letting their sub lapse!

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard rapidly changed their minds on reversed their decisions. The Message boards, FB page and Twitter accounts. Dont be stupid
    Anecdotal evidence is Anecdotal.

Got sick of walking around now..

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Argus zone is so shit, can't believe there's no flying so I can skip this shitty content...

Not to mention they locked new relic forge behind tons of useless lore quests that will take hours to complete.

For raiders this has been worst expansion and it's getting worse and worse with every patch...
    its people like you that have turned this game into a shell of what it once was and why we got WOD as an expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Loss was due to shitty xpac and no flying. Obviously it was not 1 single thing. There were too many factors that caused half the player base to quit. But it seems like it was fairly obvious a lot of the recourse was because flying was taken away. It was so bad they had to add it back into the game.
    I whole heartedly disagree with your asinine conclusion. WoD was a great expansion especially for people who raided and liked to make gold. I kept my sub active the entirety of the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to put Jaylock's boyfriend on ignore too lol.
    How mature of you. Since you are incapable of rational arguments and thought, you just stick your fingers in your ears and yell "LA LA LA LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU!"

I find it amusing that you still respond to me even though you "have me on ignore".

Deleted
    I don't agree. Why? Because the way that Blizz designs zones that are filled with chasms and walls to make their little pocket quest zones whilst making traveling an absolutely frustrating experience is unnaceptable.

If Blizz still made open areas like Elwyn, Tanaris, durotar, etc. it wouldn't be a problem. But presently, it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The thing is....the last official word we have on how well Legion is performing is that the subs are only reaching the same levels as WoD. So that's ~5mil in a best case scenario. Profits are up, however, due to the wow token having increased utility(effectively being able to trade wow gold for real life products via battle.net wallet).

People need to stop confusing what's good for Blizzard profits with what's good for the game and the players. Converting flight to the pathfinder system was a masterful move from a business standpoint. That doesn't mean it actually made the game better. Good luck on getting any Blizz fanboi to recognize that, though. :/
    @SirCowdog can I ask legitimately, whats the point in coming to a WoW fansite to bash the game, the developers of said game, and its fans? If all you do is come on these boards to call fans of the game "fanbois" which is a derogatory insult, why even post? why not move on with your life and forget about WoW and its players and its game designers?

Again, legitimate question.

- - - Updated - - -

It didnt stop the bleeding because so many just go Tired of Blizzards bullshit.

NAd how did ignoring flying again like they did work out for them? More lost subs .. "Slightly aheaD of WOD " Not a good place to be. I have seen it argued that Wow feels about as dead now as it did at the end of WOD.
    IOn hates flying so he punished people that liked.

But your right so many people must hate flying that why they farm and grind for the flying mounts for hours and days on end.
    The slightly ahead of WoD was quoted near the beginning of the expansion, which means, if you actually want to compare apples to apples, you have to look at them in the same time frames, from the beginning of the expansions, which means (if you are following the logic so far) that if they say it is ahead of WoD from near the beginning of the expansion, one could logically conclude that the expansion brought subscription numbers back up past 10 million subs. (which it did, confirmed by Blizzard themselves).

So yeah, i'd say Legion is doing pretty fucking awesome having 10 million + subs.

- - - Updated - - -

Summertime is a bad time to try and launch a raid like TOS but from the video i have seen of the raid, looks rather boring. Overly complicated raid bosses for the sake of being complicated does not = Fun or engaging game play
    lol, coming from someone who hasn't played the game or step foot into the raid, you make some really asinine comments. I've killed all the bosses on heroic except Avatar and KJ, and so far they were all manageable and extremely interesting / fun fights.

But because it seems like you have so much interest in the raid, keep doing your youtubing, maybe one day you will get it.

Just like every other prior patch lol

- - - Updated - - -

In your opinion....

It's going to blow without flying the same way the broken shore sucked ass prior to flying.
    the no flying part of expansions is terrible really it is. BC had it right instant flying at max level heck they even knew to make content you could only do if you had flying really they should relearn from those days when they knew flying was vital to the game

10+ Year Old Account
    At the start of WOD all Blizzard said about flying was it would be here SOON®

Companies hurt their own income all the time. Sometimes on purpose. Ion is a narcissistic jerk who think he knows whats best for the paying customers and it cost him his ass. the No flying was just one of many Really terrible decisions that they made. It just so happens that stands out the most over some of the others. But for many that was the final straw and the reason they quit. And most didnt return
    lol "cost him his ass", as if being promoted to game director is somehow a bad thing that "costs [someone] [their] ass".

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    World PvP is still there, it just requires the players to want to do it.
    Yes. But what has that got to do with removing flying? Does that really encourage more world PvP like the OP claim it would? WoD and Legion had not flying.

Did it spark an increase of world PvP? This is not a criticism. I do not play regularly so I would be interested to know if did. I have seen and participate in some smallest world PvP and city raid during WoTLK. Mainly at summoning stones for raids.

So I can see the fun in world PvP.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Actually - a new planet would have been a perfect opportunity to put in place a 'flying with cost' mechanic relating to Argus (in addition to the other methods of getting around).

Heavier gravity, maybe things can't fly as well etc ? After a few minutes, they run out of steam and have to recharge etc.

Time to end the all on or all off and find a mechanism that encourages game play but still lets you fly around a bit.

Opportunity lost.
    Considering the size of the sub zones, IMO if flying were to be enabled there instead of "opportunity lost" I'd say "wasted effort."
    I've always been of the strong opinion that if there's going to be flight, it should unlock another level of gameplay (flight related WQs and floating islands for example). THAT is what I consider an opportunity lost, because since WoD, the game could care less if we could fly; everything's accessible on foot.

No flying crowd - did you find broken shore a better zone before flying than after? Asking not accusing. I didn't hate ground only Legion too much, especially due to the whistle, which in some ways is more convenient than flying itself. But I can't say broken shore was better when it was a ground zone, I thought it was pretty crap. I didn't hate the MOP fly free islands either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Currently flying would break the content because there's areas that aren't unlocked until you complete the previous section. So it only makes sense to disable flying so content is accessed correctly.

Maybe once you've completed the zone campaign it will be unlocked but not until that's done. Personally I don't care either way. It really worked over world quests and made them even more monotonous.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly the only reason Cata looked so good on launch and so bad at the end is because WOTLK released in China shortly before the Cata launch boosting numbers to a ridiculous peak. Had WOTLK released on time in China we would've seen much lower numbers at Cata's launch making the overall loss during the expansion smaller.

There was already a dip in subs in LK but we weren't in a quarter where subs were reported.

MOP actually boosted numbers back to 10 million and remained fairly steady throughout the expansion. WoW has never recovered since the main protagonist of the game was gone. The Lich King.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

This ^ we should have been flying after a month or two. Not 8 months in or whenever pathfinder came out. Leveling without flying at launch is fine. I was 110 after 30ish hours. There is no point in not having flying after that.
    Timegating is money friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Servos View Post
    No flying crowd - did you find broken shore a better zone before flying than after? Asking not accusing. I didn't hate ground only Legion too much, especially due to the whistle, which in some ways is more convenient than flying itself. But I can't say broken shore was better when it was a ground zone, I thought it was pretty crap. I didn't hate the MOP fly free islands either.
    I found the world quests more interesting and engaging from the ground, I think having to pay attention to the terrain and enemies makes for a better game and I think restricting flight is a good choice by Blizzard. That said I found the zone to be rather lacklustre, mostly because I'm a bit fatigued by the rocks-and-fell aesthetic that's dominated the Broken Isles. It doesn't help that, as a 'lock, my class hall looks the same.

Deleted
    Dont like the no flying.

Now once again we will see dragons running around like wingless chickens.
    I just makes the RP element in this game bad.