Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People said mean things to each other without the internet too.

I'm sure they'll survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    lol you can just enter any age you want to in social media
    so then this comes down again to shit parrenting. how about we start worrying about how shit the latest generation of parrents have been and less about online trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Have you not seen kids under 12 using their cellphones? I sure have. More and more young kids have access to them.
    thats called shity parrenting, there is zero reason a child under 12 needs a smartphone. flip phone with no apps is all they need if they need one.

Lol dude. Kids aren't programmable robots. You can't just make them not be sensitive.
    Just like you cant program to not pick on each other. Its called nature, its our instinct to do so to establish some order of hierarchy.

This is a fine line tbh, don't raise you kids to be pussys and don't raise them to be bullys. There are cases where cyberbullying has gone to far and that is whats the problem.

Also, this whole "Dont raise your kids to be bullies/be picked on." is not an actual answer either. How many people have you met that there will be 2 incredibly awesome members of a family, but they have a brother/sister that was raised 100% in same environment comes out as a completely horrible person.

It's the whole nature vs nurture debate. Some people no matter their upbringing, will turn out a certain way(positive or negative), and then there are some people that are perfect examples of what a personality seems like it should be based off of their upbringing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    what the fuck are these kids being bullied on? They cant have facebook. What type of online platforms are gradeschools on that they can be bullied. If im correct no child can create any online accounts in the us under 12?
    This is surprisingly an effective gating system to prevent kids from content and things they shouldn't

It's... It's really not. Most kids are using whatever they want by ~8 these days.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    thats called shity parrenting, there is zero reason a child under 12 needs a smartphone. flip phone with no apps is all they need if they need one.
    And then your kid's gonna get bullied IRL instead of online because he's the only lamos without a cellphone.
    (Not necessarily but ... yaknow, I was bullied for not having puma brand shirts in my school and not having a tamagochi early on in school, me bein poor and all')
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 2017-07-27 at 05:04 AM.

http://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Cyb...436601853.html

A lot of this comes down to parenting doesn't it? Raise your children to not be bullies. How hard is that?
    40% is way too high!
    Obviously their socioeconomic situation will not allow parents to make their children make good choices in life.

My kid is getting close to the age where this might be an issue. I live in a decent neighborhood, so I'm hoping that just forwarding awful messages the evil kids parents will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    My kids won't. And you can certainly condition your kids to not be little emo bitches. I got picked on in junior high and early high school and I was fine.
    Today I learned that all "picking on" is exactly to the same degree for everyone.

That means that my years in school that were rife with bullying, being called names and spat on were just good old character building! What am I being called a faggot with a group of young punks threatening to jump me after school. Oh it's just normal being picked on, oh sure my friend had their skull cracked during an attack while he was being "picked on" but oh yes... it's the same everyone gets!

You, Sibut, have a stupid argument here.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Tennis cyberbullied me once.
    Once? Dude his topics are daily. We are forever traumatized.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    This is surprisingly an effective gating system to prevent kids from content and things they shouldn't

It's... It's really not. Most kids are using whatever they want by ~8 these days.
    then again these are shit parents for either not locking down thier browsing abilities or monitoring what they are doing. Your responsible for your child, if you cant handle those responsibilities then you shouldnt have a child.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post
    And then your kid's gonna get bullied IRL instead of online because he's the only lamos without a cellphone.
    (Not necessarily but ... yaknow, I was bullied for not having puma brand shirts in my school and not having a tamagochi early on in school, me bein poor and all')
    yeh sorry but i wouldnt give a kid under 10 anything more advance than a gameboy advance or a flip phone, there isnt fucking shit a kid under 13 needs a smartphone for, and caving parrents are whats wrong with the current generation of shit heads im having to deal with on a daily fucking basis. Raise your kids right, be a good parrent and look after what they fucking do. If you cant then you shouldnt be a parrent.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

Same issue as last generation: Parents are lazy sacks of shit that just want to quell their little bundles of unrest by distracting it in some way. Before smartphones and the constant access to the internet this meant sitting them in front of the TV and let the TV do the parenting. Nowadays it's youtube and social media.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I won't bring my kids up to be total pussies who cry the first time someone says something mean to them online, then they won't have to make 13 whiny tapes about it and kill themselves.
    This a 100x over!

Don't fight your kids battles and don't over-protect them. If your kid get's bullied, he/she should be the one to send out a signal that he/she isn't going to accept any form of bullying.

Bullying is part of being human, it happens in all age brackets (even amongst the elderly). You can't fight bullying in general, but we can all fight bullies ourselves.
    Bullies pick on the weak so toughen your kids up. Making them soft and weak will make them easy prey, as a child and later as an adult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    Just like you cant program to not pick on each other. Its called nature, its our instinct to do so to establish some order of hierarchy.
    We're human beings not wild animals. Nature is irrelevant.

the only reason I come to this site is to cyberbully elementary schoolers

Meh tell them to harden up. Bullying is not new, it's just taken a new form. People have survived their bully's forever. With a few notable exceptions.

//sarcasm

for real though, kids in elementary school don't even NEED access to Facebook or online accounts. They don't even need a phone for god's sake. There should be NOTHING for them to be cyber bullied on.

I thank the school bully every day for teaching me to not have a thin skin at first and then eventually teaching me to punch back.

Thank you Steven! You even became a good friend later in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of this comes down to parenting doesn't it? Raise your children to not be bullies. How hard is that?
    40% is way too high!
    Parental involvement of what their children are doing... monitor their phones, monitor their web usage, monitor their social media interactions. If you are a parent get involved, set limits and follow thru.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Parental involvement of what their children are doing... monitor their phones, monitor their web usage, monitor their social media interactions. If you are a parent get involved, set limits and follow thru.
    Question is does a kid really NEED social Media at agents 5-10