Poll: Would buy and play this "leaked" expansion if it ends up being true?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm so tired of these fake leaks. Don't people have better things to do than troll people?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Igneous42 View Post
    People seem to forget, or just not realize how powerful Azshara is supposed to be. Mannoroth believed her power to be overshadowed only by Kil'Jaden, Archimonde, and Sargeras. That was 10'000 years ago and before she had any old god influence or powers. Azshara and her closest followers could certainly be a force to be reckoned with. All the Naga we've seen since WoW are all just minions sent away from their center of power too. We also haven't killed any Titans, the closest we'll come is 7.3. Any of the Old Gods we've faced either weren't at full power or we were aided (assuming all the keepers helping is the canon version of the Yogg fight).
    Well, we killed all of the Legion high command. And we've beaten pretty much everything the old gods could throw at us so far.
    Azshara must be really fuckin powerful if she hopes to stand a chance. But i bet we will be wearing her hide as a cape by the end of 2018.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    Well, we killed all of the Legion high command. And we've beaten pretty much everything the old gods could throw at us so far.
    Azshara must be really fuckin powerful if she hopes to stand a chance. But i bet we will be wearing her hide as a cape by the end of 2018.
    Well, it's a game, we always do defeat the expansion enemy. Or at the very least drive them back. My point was more that it's not unheard of for her and the Naga to be a viable large scale threat to Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Why do people keep thinking gamescom announcement? Just because Legion did it? Did they ever accounce an expansion at gamescom before (I could be mistakened).

From what I could gather, the gamescom announcement appeared to have happened because WoD was doing so poorly, and they wanted to hype it up sooner. Otherwise why would you *not* announce the expansion during your own conference where all Blizzard fans would be?

I personally don't think they would do gamescom again, not only because

a) alot of people were kind of bummed it was done at gamescom and not blizzcon, to the point some people felt shafted that were going to go to Blizzcon. The announcement at gamescom had a longer presentation than they could have at the opening of Blizzcon, so it would be actually better for us fans if they did announce it at gamescom again.
    b) did you see the crowd a gamescom? None of them were excited, or hyped, I bet half of them didn't even play WoW. They were all just quiet, and dead in the face with everything.

Just seems like to me, they have no reason to announce anything at this other event.
    I don't think any of those reasons you gave is valid.

1. Err... entitled much? The game was playable at blizzcon with a better demo and had long extensive panels. Blizzcon visitors got their moneys worth.
    2. Europeans aren't Nancy's. Everyone in atendance was interested and completely focused on it. Don't expect europeans to have explosive reactions to every single little thing. It's just not how we roll. (and btw WoW is more popular in the EU than the US).

The reason is as simple as the one when Legion was announced. It either fits Blizzards development scheduale or it doesn't.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-07-27 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Legion is a simple yet fine name. "Rise of the Naga Empire" is a lot of words for a stupid name.
    It's pretty fitting if Azshara literally raises Nazjatar from the depths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    She is said to be in the level of Sargeras/Archimonde/Kiljaeden. But she will be powered up by the void i'm sure. A bit of a Garrosh situation.

Still... i think theres no point in getting caught up in such details. Character levels aren't canon, they are a game mechanic. Things like wielding artifact weapons are the closest thing to power levels in lore. Wich presumably we will lose lowering our power level in lore terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait til blizz reveals that Azshara is Azeroth. They fused or something. Wouldn't that be great? Could help explain how she'd be powerful enough to be in league with Nzoth and Sargeras, beyond her merely being the most powerful mage on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    * Alpha invites going out late January.
    * Next expansion launch somewhere late Spring 2018/Early Summer 2018.
    Alpha in January and release between May-June? How should that even work?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That isn't how you use the word "objectively", and Snorlax is right, Naga are great.
    Yeah but not Naga in pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I must say, Mean Streets Gadgetzan making it into WoW would be a treat to see. It's a great direction for that goblin city to go in, and a perfect time to do it for any expansion that brings in Goblins back into the forefront.

Hmmm, not sure that really fits WoW.

Deleted
    Literally during the last Blizzcon someone from Blizzard said that they would never allow something like cross-faction play, because faction identity is one of the strongest points of Warcraft. Nice Pacific Rim fanfic tho.

I'm going to go out on a limb: WoW as we know the game will be over. I don't think Legion is going to end with patch 7.3. The naga aren't going to pull off a whole expansion on their own. I'm going to say 7.4 will be the conclusion. Kul'Tiras high level zone for alliance, Zandalar for the horde, Azshara and N'Zoth end bosses. These two will be the final stitch in the masterpiece expansion that is Legion.

I'll go even further. /tinfoil hat

Prefacing this, just saying this is a long shot, but I've been right about the story in the past, this is what my gut leads me to believe right now...

Titan is going to be the new game for the Warcraft universe. The legacy of all our old characters will be known, but we will now be many years in the future of Azeroth - now a titan.

No, I've been skeptical and still am that Titan was actually Overwatch. WoW is old and is at such a mature stage in its story telling that it must transition into a new chapter.

Let's see what happens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulver View Post
    "Azshara wrath"

Plain and simple. But I dont belive will be something like that. We already know Azshara is not our main problem here and probably she will be a mid tier boss.
    So, what's the point to entitle an expansion to someone who will not be our main antagonist?

Will be something like: Rise of the Old Gods or Rise of the Black Empire.
    Last edited by Tartys; 2017-07-27 at 08:54 AM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a terrible name, fake.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

No, then it would be called "Rise of the Naga" or "The Rise Of Nazjatar".

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    What do people find interesting or compelling about a tinker class that doesn't already exist in game?
    Did you not see Mechatorque in the Broken Shore cinematic?

Blizzard seems to be enjoying the class too, they made a tinker in HotS which they easily can draw inspiration from. It's a big class in the War3 franchise so the odds it'll be a playable class in the future isn't that far-fetched.

I see a Void Lords expansion is more realistic then Naga's.

Here's an idea for a twist: The Nagas cause devastation around Azeroth via tidal waves etc in the prepatch leading to a zone rework and then the heroes raise up Nazjatar from the depths in order to fight them. Thus taking care of not having everything underwater and not having the Nagas seemingly stupidly giving up their underwater advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Can't wait til blizz reveals that Azshara is Azeroth. They fused or something. Wouldn't that be great? Could help explain how she'd be powerful enough to be in league with Nzoth and Sargeras, beyond her merely being the most powerful mage on the planet.
    Wasn't her immense power derived from the Well of Eternity which was the wound to Azeroth caused by Amun'Thul killing Ysharrg by recklessly ripping it from the surface? I've thought a great story for this possible N'Zoth/Ashara expac would be to position it to appear that N'zoth would be the anchor villain with Ashara as the mid-tier threat only to halfway thru flip that. Have her take advantage double crossing N'zoth, the heroes dispatch him/it and her ultimate goal is revealed to be to steal all of Azeroth's power or to "Freaky Friday" switch her mind with Azeroth's body and become a full blown Titan (also the most powerful and last remaining it seems after the events of 7.3). This would bring her story sort of full circle with only having such immense power by having stolen it from Azeroth's very essence in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could definitely see Azshara flipping the tables on Nzoth. She is well-known for shifting allegiances when it suits her, particularly towards the most readily-powerful. Such as when she put Sargeras on the backburner in favour of Nzoth in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post

Hmmm, not sure that really fits WoW.
    But shitty TV show reference zones do? *cough* Westfall *cough* *cough* redridge *cough* Uldum *cough* Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by FlanFran View Post
    But shitty TV show reference zones do? *cough* Westfall *cough* *cough* redridge *cough* Uldum *cough* Hmmm...
    May I ask which TV shows are those zones referencing?