Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Soul shard glyphs, what the utter fuck blizzard

so i got the soul shard glyphs, i have been using them for along time now, ffing love them, sad the green one is missing, but whatever

today i noticed... the soul shards only show for you... No one else sees them

what is the point of this glyph? It makes soulshards hover over your head yes, but ONLY YOU see them, what the hell!?

People are seeming to try and pull "Performance" but seem to forget fire mages have even more demanding ones, that circle their heads with tons of fire effects, but those show for everyone, not just themselves.

Alot of people seem to be "It is cosmetic so you cant complain" and "Who cares it is just cosmetic"

Does anyone have any jewelry? yes, no? Now imagine you spent all that money to buy a necklace or ring, earring, whatever. Now imagine no one saw it but you? You would be mad would you not?

As put by someone who needs a gold fucking medal (Put amazingly by a MrFiddleswitch)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFiddleswitch View Post
    To be fair, I think some of the "pissed off" is coming from the fact that the majority of this expansion has been one big oversight for Warlock development. As Fel said earlier, this is not the first glyph to be other than what it said, which started with 2 glyphs early on showing up in Inscription's "Unlearned" but not available in game at all.

Next we finally get these glyphs only to have 1 of them actually make us do less damage - which took them months to fix. Then we get a new cosmetic demon appearance, and we have the exact same damage problem - again, which I believe still isn't fixed. Or we can talk about how Druids have had their spells updated twice during this expansion, mages as well - and by 7.3 every single ranged caster will have completely new spell effects except warlocks, who are still using the same spell graphics from Vanilla in a lot of cases.

Or we could get into the class design (and I'm not talking about our current numbers, which are just tuning nobs). In Alpha, Destruction Warlocks made numerous constructive posts detailing the problems with the RNG shard generation and it took almost 2 years for Blizzard to do anything about it. Demonology is still stuck with one of the worst mechanics since vanilla/tbc WoW with Demonic Empowerment. Affliction is in a good place now, but it took them until 7.2.5 to listen to negative feedback - since alpha - about Soul Effigy, and even then, rather than take the time to fix it based on that feedback, they just bloody removed it.

Yes we did finally get some attention in 7.2.5, as far as gameplay mechnics go, but you have to understand that 7.2.5 is almost 2 years after the original Alpha, and just about every single thing they "fixed" (soul effigy, embers, etc) was the feedback that was given in Alpha, Beta, Legion Launch, 7.1, 7.1.5, 7.2, and 7.2.5. Granted this still leaves us with many issues like Soulstone still having a 3 second cast time (vs. instant for druid, DK, and Hunter), Healthstones healing less than health potions - making them useless except for Affliction Warlocks, Demonic Empowerment still needing to be spammed every single time you cast a demon, Affliction ramp up, etc.

Meanwhile, Demon Hunters make a single post about a cosmetic glaive skin sitting on their back "backwards" and it's fixed within 48 hours. Or engineers complaining about not having the AH in Dalaran, and it being fixed in 24 hours. Yet when our summoning ability didn't work in any mythic dungeons back at the beginning of Legion, it took 3 weeks to get a response, and another week to fix it.

So, yes, OP is a bit angry over the fact that a cosmetic glpyh that requires you to kill Kil'Jaeden to get the pattern for (or costs gold to purchase on AH) is not visible to others - because this is now yet another example of how warlock design this expansion has generally been "phoned in", while other classes are getting immediate and appropriate representation from the developers.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-07-29 at 03:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    but ONLY YOU see them, what the fuck!?
    Good for PvP so the other guys don't see how many you have left otherwise it's just lol @Blizzard

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Good for PvP so the other guys don't see how many you have left otherwise it's just lol @Blizzard
    could disable it in pvp only
    also you fault if you go in with the glyph in pvp

- - - Updated - - -

I just find it so annoying that
    A. this glyph states no where it only shows for you (Only glyph in the game i think that does this)
    B. we havent gotten an explination as of why
    C. there is no reason other then pvp for it to not show

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Who cares?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Less particle effects. What use does it have for other players?

Couldn't care less that others can/can't see it, I just wanted to see them on me.

I believe it may simply be technical reasons, as you don't usually get display information like that from other players. I don't think things like mage orbs are correctly updated for other players either. Probably simply not in the data stream for their models, less work for the engine.

Deleted
    Until the Verdant Spheres glyph is added back I wouldn't use any of them anyway, so pissed that's been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Until the Verdant Spheres glyph is added back I wouldn't use any of them anyway, so pissed that's been removed.
    Gotta agree with this, it boggles the mind. I mean, not adding new cosmetics (when the possibilities are endless) is one thing, but removing a player favorite that's in the game and would have perfectly translated without a hitch? What the hell?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Agreed, i hate how they are removing cosmetic stuff then it takes forever to bring it back
    i mean we had these shards back on Mop, finally back, and it took till 7.2 for us to the get the wrathguard back all the way from 7.0 removing it
    and now these shards are only visable by us? without any way of knowing? Why couldent blizzard make others be able to see these?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Less particle effects. What use does it have for other players?
    same use other people being able to see our armor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    Who cares?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    well i do, and so do other warlocks? Ive allready spoken to 6 of my warlock friends who only 1 of them knew, and all of them were pissed off.
    nice job?

As much as I agree that it is a bummer that only you can see them. It's not like I use transmogs/mounts/whatever to impress others cos you know, they really don't give a fuck at the end of the day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    As much as I agree that it is a bummer that only you can see them. It's not like I use transmogs/mounts/whatever to impress others cos you know, they really don't give a fuck at the end of the day.
    idk about you but i get compliments about my mog every other day
    also i like to let people see me how i wanna be seen, would you want people to see you without your mog on?
    if blizzard made a change where transmog ONLY showed for you, but everyone else saw you in your default gear, would that make you mad?

so i got the soul shard glyphs, i have been using them for along time now, ffing love them, sad the green one is missing, but whatever

today i noticed... the soul shards only show for you... No one else sees them

what the fuck is the point of this glyph? It makes soulshards hover over your head yes, but ONLY YOU see them, what the fuck!?
    Why on earth would you be bothered with what others see or don't see?

Deleted
    well, you don't want to feel special, cool, etc. ? i do and i'd like to show off a bit with my burning shards at dalaran. Even if it's kinda useless and ugly.

Agreed, i hate how they are removing cosmetic stuff then it takes forever to bring it back
    i mean we had these shards back on Mop, finally back, and it took till 7.2 for us to the get the wrathguard back all the way from 7.0 removing it
    and now these shards are only visable by us? without any way of knowing? Why couldent blizzard make others be able to see these?

- - - Updated - - -

same use other people being able to see our armor

- - - Updated - - -

well i do, and so do other warlocks? Ive allready spoken to 6 of my warlock friends who only 1 of them knew, and all of them were pissed off.
    nice job?
    They have done a ton of this type of phasing in Legion. Pets scale down that aren't your own, no matter the class. IE Your felguard is smaller to anyone else, and an Unholy DK's abomb is smaller to everyone else. Also, pretty sure no one but you sees your imps and dreadstalkers if you play demon. As others have stated its to improve performance by removing stuff other people don't need to see.

One of the cooler things about how they are using this kind of tech is the Broken Shore being tailored to your class.

idk about you but i get compliments about my mog every other day
    also i like to let people see me how i wanna be seen, would you want people to see you without your mog on?
    if blizzard made a change where transmog ONLY showed for you, but everyone else saw you in your default gear, would that make you mad?
    Like I said, I don't particularly care what others think about my collections. It's no loss of mine even if my character is naked on their screen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why on earth would you be bothered with what others see or don't see?
    Because it is part of my charecters look.

Also i dont think anyone has caught on as i pointed out
    this is the ONLY glyph that literally does nothing for ANYONE but you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    They have done a ton of this type of phasing in Legion. Pets scale down that aren't your own, no matter the class. IE Your felguard is smaller to anyone else, and an Unholy DK's abomb is smaller to everyone else. Also, pretty sure no one but you sees your imps and dreadstalkers if you play demon. As others have stated its to improve performance by removing stuff other people don't need to see.

One of the cooler things about how they are using this kind of tech is the Broken Shore being tailored to your class.
    i think you missed why those really are
    its not to improve performance but to lower clutter
    and some soulshards over your characters head are not clutter
    also what? How is the broken shore tailored to our class?

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, I don't particularly care what others think about my collections. It's no loss of mine even if my character is naked on their screen.
    Good for you then, i mean you dont look at yourself when out in public so do you just wear bright pink dirty tenchcoats? Or do you like to wear what you want people to see you in?

i think you missed why those really are
    its not to improve performance but to lower clutter
    and some soulshards over your characters head are not clutter
    also what? How is the broken shore tailored to our class?
    It is clutter in the sense that there are boss mechanics which place stuff over your head. A good example would be mythic Demonic Inquisition where the adds fixate on you and place the fixate eyes ontop of your character BUT NO DEBUFF (cos hey that's too easy?)

Good for you then, i mean you dont look at yourself when out in public so do you just wear bright pink dirty tenchcoats? Or do you like to wear what you want people to see you in?
    What I wear IRL has no correlation to what I wear in game. However, I wear what I feel comfortable in and doesn't show my bits. I've yet to be arrested or had someone come upto me and tell me "The fuck you doing brah?"

Lowering clutter improves performance. Less graphical load on a computer.

And the broken shore is tailored to each class. Deliverance point specifically. If you play a warlock, its filled with a shit ton of demons. A druid, there are a bunch of Ancients. Shamans, elementals. DK's Abombs.

Link to a reddit post about Broken Shore hub.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...th_each_class/
    Last edited by talwynn; 2017-07-27 at 04:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is clutter in the sense that there are boss mechanics which place stuff over your head. A good example would be mythic Demonic Inquisition where the adds fixate on you and place the fixate eyes ontop of your character BUT NO DEBUFF (cos hey that's too easy?)

What I wear IRL has no correlation to what I wear in game. However, I wear what I feel comfortable in and doesn't show my bits. I've yet to be arrested or had someone come upto me and tell me "The fuck you doing brah?"
    those eyes are HUGE
    also i guess we should remove armor that makes stuff hover around you too, aswell as fire mage orbs, all just cluster

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    Lowering clutter improves performance. Less graphical load on a computer.

And the broken shore is tailored to each class. Deliverance point specifically. If you play a warlock, its filled with a shit ton of demons. A druid, there are a bunch of Ancients. Shamans, elementals. DK's Abombs.

Link to a reddit post about Broken Shore hub.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...th_each_class/
    and so why not remove all glyphs for anyone but you? Why are other classes able to use glyphs that add effects to them, why are just our soulshards only for us?