Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aluser View Post
    There are russian/slavic language realms
    Not all Slavs speak or even understand Russian, just saying
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-07-27 at 03:28 PM.

It's almost as if there are European players playing on European servers?

How dare they! /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Do smaller languages have enough potential players to make healthy realm populations and make it worth doing the localization?
    No. In fact is the reason why Italian and Portuguese servers are now Cross Realm, because the numbers of players is too low/unbalanced to support pve/pvp servers.
    Despite the fact that WoW is still popular, the numbers of players tend to be lower years by years... thats why is more smarth "congragate" players than "segregate".

One simple solution is creating an English general chat and allow players to join a channel based on their native language.

Btw I can't see the problem about that, maybe because I was playing FFXI before WoW, and we got only one general chat with Japanease players as well. Its like to be in an internationa city where you can hear people speaks different languages.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aluser View Post
    There are russian/slavic language realms
    There are russian realms. Other slavic languages are not supported. And imagine our languages still differ. Some of us have even different letters
    Last edited by Lilija; 2017-07-27 at 10:13 AM.

Well he is not wrong. There is one country in EU where English is official language, and they gave invoked Article 50.
    Yes he is. Even though the british isles houses the only countries where english is the official language, there is plenty of countries in Europe where english is spoken (very) well. And Brexit utterly pointless in this debate.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    If you're not Russian, German, Italian, French, Spanish or Portuguese, there really isn't any option but to choose an English-speaking realm. And, to be honest, I've never heard native English speakers bitch about it on these realms so far, but I don't know why they would - everyone almost always speaks English. Personally, If there existed a realm for my language, I wouldn't go there - I'm surrounded by people from my country on an everyday basis and I never understood why anyone would want to do that in a game as well.
    because speaking and reading other languages is stressfull?
    i personally often study on english book, so i have zero tollerance to even play with that language, i want relax.

Well he is not wrong. There is one country in EU where English is official language, and they gave invoked Article 50.
    Is the irish accent really that bad ?
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

"russian/slavic"
    Now I fell offended. Don't mix me with Russian barbarians.

Deleted
    If a realm is EU-EN then it simply means that the official language is english. One could argue that certain channels of communications, such as general and trade chat would require english. It is disrespectful not to enact the rules, by not speaking english, when using trade/general chat. However, since not everyone is capable of speaking english, then they have no alternative other than communicating in their mother tongue. One can not argue that these people who can't speak english, should be forbidden to communicate, because the policy is that people communicate in english.

In short, it is a principle, which ought to be honored in favor of having good community.

No. Adding/splitting realms even more is not the solution.

If anything, get rid of realms completely and let all players interact with each other as if they were on the same realm. Sharding/Clustering does the rest. Let's just call it XRealm+ for now. Then, simply take the language filter option from Group Finder for the whole game and let everyone decide for themselves whether they want to play with international players or not.

No problem, you're welcome, thank me later!

PS: overhaul auction house to support that
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Pozzo dell'Eternità IS an italian server. There Is even an italian client, and the game Is totally translated in italian (even the VO). Until CRZ, Italians were on their server. And they still are, but Blizzard tech merges server automatically, and you can't choose to stay alone on your server. It's not italian player's fault It they are merged with other server without they even knowing. I'm sorry if that bothers you, but nothing we can do about It. Unless you want every italian player, with ther italian client, game in italian, and logging on their italian server, to learn your language and just speak that , always. Btw: not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Number of English speaking countries in EU is approaching zero.
    What a load of bullshit. Do you make up this crap or do you get your facts from your mum like waterboy?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The EU countries are:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.

In every one of these countries a large part of the population is fluent in English.

According to a survey published in 2006, 13% of EU citizens speak English as their native language. Another 38% of EU citizens state that they have sufficient skills in English to have a conversation, so the total reach of English in the EU is 51%. http://ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/...243_sum_en.pdf

also http://languageknowledge.eu/languages/english (This is for europe not just EU)

Deleted
    time to quit the Kool aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinew View Post
    The EU countries are:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.

In every one of these countries a large part of the population is fluent in English.

According to a survey published in 2006, 13% of EU citizens speak English as their native language. Another 38% of EU citizens state that they have sufficient skills in English to have a conversation, so the total reach of English in the EU is 51%. http://ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/...243_sum_en.pdf

also http://languageknowledge.eu/languages/english (This is for europe not just EU)
    Sure, we speak English, but soon Ireland is the only country in EU where English is an official language and not just "second domestic" due to its status as lingua franca.

Deleted
    Yes yes, let's shove off a segment of Blizzard customers that proves to be fairly large.
    Brilliant idea mate.

Sure, we speak English, but soon Ireland is the only country in EU where English is an official language and not just "second domestic" due to its status as lingua franca.
    Yes and us proud Irish people want our own server.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It's been like this since vanilla and nothing new. I remember that Shadow Moon became the Czech Rep realm when a lot moved to Magtheridon, I believe Frostmane is the Swedish realm and there is also an Italian server.
    And then you have the "Polish Legion", sorry, "Burning Legion" being populated by pretty much only poles. It was so bad that every time I got randomly whispered they'd start off by speaking Polish, and they didn't switch to English if I spoke back to them in English. This was back in BC and wotlk, I'd assume it's still like that.

Deleted
    Get out of Finnreaver you filthy immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Get out of Finnreaver you filthy immigrants.
    Already far away from Jonnereaver