Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Those filthy foreign language gibberish speakers... segregate them all i say, mute them even!

I don't care about people speaking their own languages as long it doesn't affect my gameplay experience but I do feel for people when they are alienated by them. But for now, it's just best to join a British/Irish dominated guild/realm.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Sure, we speak English, but soon Ireland is the only country in EU where English is an official language and not just "second domestic" due to its status as lingua franca.
    Does that really make a practical difference though? People are still continuing to learn english all over the EU, the claim that "english speaking countries in the EU is approaching zero" will always be ludicrous as English continues to grow around the world in general. "Countries in the eu with the official language being english are approaching zero" would be a fair statement but also a pointless one.

Maybe if the literacy rate for english is most eu countries was like 5% it would be a fair statement but its not even close to that low

You have a group of people from 30 different countries speaking english because they want to interact with each other and english happens to be the language that they all share.
    You have another group of people from one country and they all want to speak one language that only they understand.

Its totally fine to bash the people from different countries because they want to interact with each other instead of wanting the others speak english in the main communication channels.

Deleted
    It doesn't bother me unless those I'm grouped up with insist on speaking anything other than English.

It is Europe.
    In Europe, everyone has the right to speak his own language.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It is Europe.
    In Europe, everyone has the right to speak his own language.
    You are right, everyone has the right to be an asshole.

Don't worry, no doubt thanks to Merkle we'll all be speaking arabic soon and European languages will not count at all ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    You are right, everyone has the right to be an asshole.
    So you're an asshole if you speak to your friends or target audience in your native language? Okkkkkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    So you're an asshole if you speak to your friends or target audience in your native language? Okkkkkkkk
    MMO-champ forum at its best. Guess you just dont want to understand what people are talking about in this thread?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Yes he is. Even though the british isles houses the only countries where english is the official language, there is plenty of countries in Europe where english is spoken (very) well. And Brexit utterly pointless in this debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    What a load of bullshit. Do you make up this crap or do you get your facts from your mum like waterboy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinew View Post
    The EU countries are:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.

In every one of these countries a large part of the population is fluent in English.

According to a survey published in 2006, 13% of EU citizens speak English as their native language. Another 38% of EU citizens state that they have sufficient skills in English to have a conversation, so the total reach of English in the EU is 51%. http://ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/...243_sum_en.pdf

also http://languageknowledge.eu/languages/english (This is for europe not just EU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    time to quit the Kool aid.
    Wow, so much triggering, so much missing the point.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Wow, so much triggering, so much missing the point.
    No, if i had been triggered i would have written an entirely different response to your post. So my 0/8 still stands as you have been proven to be factually wrong by others in this thread. Try harder next time you want to troll.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

A possible "fix" would be to segregate even more realms into different languages, like it's already done for Germans, French and Spanish players.

Could this work? Or should Blizzard really enforce English in chat channels if you play on English realms?
    Even if Blizzard comes up with a solution it will requiere server transfert, and it will requiere fees to transfert 12 toons.
    So fuck no, I'm good where I am and it's not my fucking problem if people have a problem with french speaking in trade chat, because I understand english.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks to only know English.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good life lesson, learn to be able to understand more than one language and you're generally better off. Often i had groups and they wrote in their native language most of the time i understood it fine and just replied back in english more often than not if you aren't an ass and ask normally they'll swap to english, although broken.

Last fun bit, if all those people moved from your realm and decided not to play with just english speaking players you would end up with a very very small player base and get almost nothing done in group content.

Honestly as a person where english is like my third or fourth language, people getting pissy about others speaking something else, i tend to add to the problem since it's hilarious to see people freak about something so minor.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, if i had been triggered i would have written an entirely different response to your post. So my 0/8 still stands as you have been proven to be factually wrong by others in this thread. Try harder next time you want to troll.
    Lol, no I wasn't proven wrong. Just a bunch of confused people triggering.

The number of English speaking countries in EU is approaching zero. Some triggered even provided data that proves my point. Only 13% of EU people (UK+Ireland) are native English speakers. so all the complaints about non-native-English speakers on English realms is hilarious.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Just send russians back to their reservations and everything will normalize.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by aluser View Post
    There are russian/slavic language realms
    And? You seem to think that all slavs speaks Russian or something. There is not such a thing as "slavic language realms"

Get out of my Czech'thul you disgusting rooty toothy anglos.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Lol, no I wasn't proven wrong. Just a bunch of confused people triggering.

The number of English speaking countries in EU is approaching zero. Some triggered even provided data that proves my point. Only 13% of EU people (UK+Ireland) are native English speakers. so all the complaints about non-native-English speakers on English realms is hilarious.
    No it isnt plenty of countries in EU have english speaking populations. The fact that you contradict this fact itself proves you are nothing more than a troll.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it isnt plenty of countries in EU have english speaking populations. The fact that you contradict this fact itself proves you are nothing more than a troll.
    This is not about people being able to communicate in English. Duh. This is about people who are not native English speakers choosing English servers in EU because they have no dedicated servers for their native language and English is lingua franca and ENGLISH people are COMPLAINING. But native english speakers are a MINORITY in EU.

Where else can an English, German, French and Spanish walk together into a bar? On English realms! Duh.

But go one tell me how I'm wrong in your mind because you failed to understand what this all is about.