View Poll Results: Homeopathic Medicine Real Science or Quackery?

Voters
207. This poll is closed
  • Quackery (Bullshit,Scam)

200 96.62%
  • Real Science

7 3.38%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkhtar View Post
    Depends. We have a 1 year old daughter who had extreme problems with her digestion (tummyache etc.)... we went to the doctor... he could not help, offered ibuprofen... 2nd doctor the same.

After 1 months of crying we decided to go to a homeopath and our daughter got some globules. 3 days later digestion was ok... she did not cry anymore.

Soooo... do you really think an one year old child knows what a placebo is?

People do not need chemical drugs everytime... sometimes there are herbal ways to deal with a problem, and that is was a homeopath does.
    Do you even know what was in those "globules?" If they were proven to work for your daughter's symptoms, guess what? Real doctors would be using it. There isn't some conspiracy to keep those treatments on the streets.

What a shitty parent.

Deleted

It's all horse shit.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    There are no miracles. If alternative medicine works, then it's medicine.
    If Alternative Medicine works, then it is Medicine, not Alternative Medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Homeopathy is demonstrably bullshit. The dilution levels of homeopathic compounds are so ludicrous that you're just drinking tap water by the end.
    Tapwater is also maximum diluted for 4.5 billions of years with millions of substances including dinosaur piss, all plants ever and volcanic ashes in the endless cycle of raining and evaporation. If homeopathy was real, drinking tap water should cure everything since it came in contact with pretty much all known substances and therefore need to memorize them... right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Homeopathy produces noticeable results.
    No, time+immune system and placebos do.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Selling bullshit to desperate people that are willing to try anything?
    Yeah, that some evil stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends. We have a 1 year old daughter who had extreme problems with her digestion (tummyache etc.)... we went to the doctor... he could not help, offered ibuprofen... 2nd doctor the same.

After 1 months of crying we decided to go to a homeopath and our daughter got some globules. 3 days later digestion was ok... she did not cry anymore.

Soooo... do you really think an one year old child knows what a placebo is?

People do not need chemical drugs everytime... sometimes there are herbal ways to deal with a problem, and that is was a homeopath does.
    You should not be allowed to have kids. Do you even know what was in thoes "globules"?
    I feel sorry for your kids, I really do.

Deleted
    It's real medicine. There's things about our world we still do not understand.

Some of those doctors have knowledge beyond what our standard medicine provides.
    It's not an no they don't

What things about our world do we not understand?

15+ Year Old Account
    Shocked by the poll results

This forum has so many ignorant people, I expected "real science" to get at least 20%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Selling bullshit to desperate people that are willing to try anything?
    Yeah, that some evil stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

You should not be allowed to have kids. Do you even know what was in thoes "globules"?
    I feel sorry for your kids, I really do.
    Totally agree. How parents put their children at risk like this I have no idea.

I'm guessing the poster will be an antivaxxer too.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's real medicine. There's things about our world we still do not understand.

Some of those doctors have knowledge beyond what our standard medicine provides.
    LMAO why am I not surprised

Deleted
    I think an interesting topic could be about how the placebo effect works, which shows how powerful the sheer belief in something can be.

But that probably is something for a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Shocked by the poll results

This forum has so many ignorant people, I expected "real science" to get at least 20%
    Explain to me how diluting something to the degree that you can't even detect it in water makes a "medicine."

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

It's bullshit. End. Of. Story.

That homeopathy is a phony pseudo science doesn't mean it hasnt its uses, apart from netting CEOs of the industry hefty profits, it is known to have a placebo-like effects. And in the world of people overblowing or "imagining" diseases it really has its niché

Utter quackery. Absolutely no redeeming value.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe in alternative medicine, but i don't believe that putting random things in my body to actually be beneficial. I do find that certain massage techniques and acupuncture can actually help since a lot of it is releasing stress and stress is one of the biggest culprits nowadays.

I also find that herbs can help a lot, but i know that a lot of natural solutions loss their potency if you reduce it to pill form and process it that way so i don't see it being that helpful. I'm not sure if people who practice this do it to rip people off, i think they genuinely believe they are helping others. The whole industry behind it that makes the pills and sells the courses that i'm not so sure off.

In any case alternative medicine is something that should be used in addition to classic medicine and you should never believe in miracles, regardless of which side is selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I believe in alternative medicine,
    You know what they call alternative medicine that's been shown to work?

Medicine.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I believe in alternative medicine, but i don't believe that putting random things in my body to actually be beneficial. I do find that certain massage techniques and acupuncture can actually help since a lot of it is releasing stress and stress is one of the biggest culprits nowadays.

I also find that herbs can help a lot, but i know that a lot of natural solutions loss their potency if you reduce it to pill form and process it that way so i don't see it being that helpful. I'm not sure if people who practice this do it to rip people off, i think they genuinely believe they are helping others. The whole industry behind it that makes the pills and sells the courses that i'm not so sure off.

In any case alternative medicine is something that should be used in addition to classic medicine and you should never believe in miracles, regardless of which side is selling it.
    herbs that help - are medicine. And a pill form is better, because you get only the medicine part of a herb and in right doses. The whole industry of alternative medicine is purely for ripping people like you off. Some people who work in the industry might believe in it (like you might work for such an industry for example), but people who run the industry are no fools.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    What is your take on it, Quackery or Real Medicine, why or or why not?
    I have a near-infinite faith in the potential of placebo. Placebo may cure things that modern medicine still can not. But it can - and likely will - also fail. I would not trust my life with placebo. If you have a real issue, go see a real doctor. Placebo isn't gonna fix your ruptured appendix.

Homeopathy is really a silly premise. Diluting something makes it stronger? If that was the case, then diluting rat poison would create the most deadly toxin known to man. One drop of insanely diluted rat poison in an assassin's target wine glass, and it would be a literally untraceable crime. Yet I have not heard about the string of homeopathy assassinations anywhere. And that should be proof enough that the premise is indeed nonsense.

But don't sell short the power of placebo. If someone feels they get better from Homeopathy, then they most likely do. I don't want to take that away from them. I do take issue with people denying others a real doctor due to their own preference of a fake doctor.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    They fit right in with the anti vaccinaction crowd.

People thinking "herbal =/= chemical" doesn't help the issue.