Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    It was comparing it to the time frame it was released. Which was not launch. They did post sub numbers on launch earlier.
    Please link this announcement, because I did not see it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I don't know why people are bashing on veterans for not having the patience to teach new players. At a certain point, you start getting annoyed after explaining something a houndred times to different people.
    Even in real life you are just getting sick repeating something to new people, that's why guides are a great tool for newbies to learn the basics of a game/app etc.

I personally don't mind when a new player asks me some questions like "Where is the best place to level at 58?" or "Can you tell me how to gear my Druid for Balance spec?" and I even give advice to players that I encounter to help them improve.
    But when I see a disc priest in a +10 which links me the Keystone Master achievment and then proceedes to depleting my key because he doesn't know to use anything else except shadow mend and prayer of healing, well, I will bash his head in because I don't even know how he even get to 910 without learning his class.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Please link this announcement, because I did not see it.
    They announced no sub numbers for Legion. The 10.1 million thing was a misquote.

For every nice player a new player will meet 10 horrible people. I was just remembering the BC time walking event we just had. A dps was lost and had no idea what was going on and lost track of the group. I had to stop a vote kick over 8 times to keep the player in the group.

All the while they were bullying him. He didn't even have one heirloom on him. He was a fresh player. I told the group to please play nice, hes obviously new. All the while complaing how long this is taking, hes pulling mobs by accident, and waiting for him.
    Yeah but statistically you can't claim that's always the case. Nor can you pretty much condemn the 5.5million players based on one raid that contains 30. Black Temple in itself is a bad example, it's a legacy raid - you will get backlash because people know it a lot more than Court of Stars dungeon or Tomb of Sargeras Wing 3 LFR. There's memories and a lot less patience since that raid has been in World of Warcraft for now a decade.

Even then, you're claiming from those 28 other players are a direct example and relation to the 5.5millions players subbed lets say, that's 1.1m are nice and 4.4million are not. My statistics overall player base may be off give or take thousands but claiming that 80% of the population are assholes is far more off and ridiculous.

Deleted
    Start the game. Find some friends. Make or join a guild.

The game is amazing when you're playing it with other people. I find it pretty boring if you're playing alone.

It won't die anytime soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Because the game starts when the leveling ends. For the most part.

The boost is there for a reason, new players will have an easier and better experience with current content than they will with the outdated leveling zones and quests. If they want to experience those at their level, they can make alts once they know more about the game.
    So why not instead pick a game where you don't have to skip over 90% of the content to have fun (or at least a the closest grinding and RNG can get to fun)?

@Bordomir: No, WoW won't die. Probably ever. But it isn't in a good place to be honest. Unless you can arm yourself with nostalgia and rose tinted glasses I wouldn't recommend going back. At the very least wait till the new expansion is announced. That will be late august or november.

Think.

You never touched the game before. You know nothing about it. You get a free level 100.

INSTANT overwhelming amount of abilities to learn and talents to choose from. Every new player I heard getting the free 100 is a disastrous experience. The game should really be started at level 1 as is designed. But the leveling experience is so dated and old.
    I dunno about this, he said he wanted to get Back into Mmorpg's so he's not new to the genre and most themepark mmo's have the same basic rules. If he's got a brain he should be ok, maybe a few weeks to learn and hes good to go, it aint rocket science lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bordomir View Post
    Hi guys, I want to get back into MMORPG's but was wondering if it was too late to start WoW.
    Many games are coming out in the next years (Crowfall, CU, Ashes of Creation and many more) and I am scared if this means WoW will somehow die.
    What do you think, can it last for some more year?.
    Yes sadly it's too late to start WoW if you want the full experience. As soon as you reach max level and gear up, you will realize that a majority of game content (including items and other vanity stuff) which existed in the past is no longer available, or they completely lost it's original meaning. Old players that have experienced those things will tell you great stories of the past expansions and show you cool stuff they have, but you will never be able to experience those events, because the game is not designed this way. You jump straight into the latest events with no chance to go from first to last like anyone else who started playing the game before you. Also if you are a fan of previous Warcraft games, you won't know what is going on because there will be a 10 years gap between the warcraft 3 and legion in the story. The game is not very welcoming to a new players, which is very sad. Over the years the community grouped themselves and you will feel like you don't belong anywhere. When you party with someone, they are going to rush through the game to get to the max level or won't even want to group with you, because those are not the new players, but alt characters of someone who plays the game for many years and has seen everything multiple times. There is also no secrets in the game anymore, everything is already discovered and you won't have any epic surprise moments. The graphic also didn't evolve very well compared to newer games. Sorry to say but you are too late to the party.
    If I would start to play mmo today I would go with the latest decent rated mmo, but not WoW. I also suggest you don't wait for the next wow killer or wow2, because you are going to be waiting forever for release and then most likely be disappointed. Play the games that already exist, but give a try to newly released games.

Deleted
    are you guys crazy? ill pay money to replay wow, to forget everything and become a noob, to rediscover the classes, zones.. mecanics..

Go ahead man.. you will no regret

It's never too late because WoW won't go away for a while and it features a gigantic world to explore. Also, leveling and early game have become trivial and you are able to catch up very quickly. Assuming the use of some resources like Wowhead, YT...

Personally, I wouldn't start WoW today for different reason: it's simply not the game it used to be and it's not very special anymore. There's nothing you possibly haven't already seen from other MMORPGs.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Hi guys, I want to get back into MMORPG's but was wondering if it was too late to start WoW.
    Many games are coming out in the next years (Crowfall, CU, Ashes of Creation and many more) and I am scared if this means WoW will somehow die.
    The ONLY thing that's gonna kill WoW, will be Blizzard. No MMORPG is ever gonna end WoW. Because no company wants to try anything new, they just rehash what has already been successful, and people just say "this is like WoW. I might as well just go back to WoW".
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

It is actually too soon.

If I started a new mmo right now, I think I would go with something actually new, most likely the final fantasy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They announced no sub numbers for Legion. The 10.1 million thing was a misquote.
    Yeah I can't remember any sub numbers being announced. I just remember reading that someone said in a Q&A or something that the launch sub patterns were similar to what they saw with WoD, as far as a big spike.

Sub numbers make little difference to me, but I was curious since I hadn't seen any.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    yea you literally missed everything good about the game, its garbage now compared to before.
    your best best is to go to youtube and watch old videos, its way more fun

Quote Originally Posted by smooshtheman View Post
    yea you literally missed everything good about the game, its garbage now compared to before.
    your best best is to go to youtube and watch old videos, its way more fun
    More or less.

OP, if you are asking sincerely, then the answer is: pass. Don't play WoW. For real. Don't waste your time. The game used to be big and shiny, it's not anymore. Now it's just a home for a few grumpy souls who still play it out of habit and drop gradually year over year.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    If I started a new mmo right now, I think I would go with something actually new, most likely the final fantasy one.
    Nah, everything that FF has WoW can do better.
    WoW is the best themepark MMORPG on the market there is no reason to go to a different one.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

This game is huge, and it's growing more and more every few months with new patches and every couple of years or so with new expansions. It's never too late to devote some (or all) of your time to creating a character and leveling them and forming a bond to your character, you know? It's a lot of fun and totally worth it... in my opinion, of course.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

I'd say that this is the best state the game has been in a long time. Since WoTLK i guess.
    It's the perfect time to start !
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

If you enjoy questing/lore then WoW has a whole plethora of it that'll keep you busy for a long time.