Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    This is not about people being able to communicate in English. Duh. This is about people who are not native English speakers choosing English servers in EU because they have no dedicated servers for their native language and English is lingua franca and ENGLISH people are COMPLAINING. But native english speakers are a MINORITY in EU.

Where else can an English, German, French and Spanish walk together into a bar? On English realms! Duh.

But go one tell me how I'm wrong in your mind because you failed to understand what this all is about.
    That is literally not what you stated in your first post. Still 0/8.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It's a good life lesson, learn to be able to understand more than one language and you're generally better off.
    There are 23 officially recognised languages in Europe, you expect everyone to learn all 23? It's still an annoying issue for bilingual people to deal with, there's a reason English is considered to be the universal language and is taught in most schools across Europe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinew View Post
    The EU countries are:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.

In every one of these countries a large part of the population is fluent in English.

According to a survey published in 2006, 13% of EU citizens speak English as their native language. Another 38% of EU citizens state that they have sufficient skills in English to have a conversation, so the total reach of English in the EU is 51%. http://ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/...243_sum_en.pdf

also http://languageknowledge.eu/languages/english (This is for europe not just EU)
    so 49% of EU population are shit to learn basic english? We should invest in better english teachers.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selphius View Post
    There are 23 officially recognised languages in Europe, you expect everyone to learn all 23? It's still an annoying issue for bilingual people to deal with, there's a reason English is considered to be the universal language and is taught in most schools across Europe.
    If you understand some german you can help yourself somewhat in dutch, same goes for french and italian and spanish, you won't understand it all but you can help yourself somewhat or at least have a clue what they are on about since it's not like people are writing about things completely alien to you or even hard to understand subjects. Basic knowledge is all you need.

Deleted
    This is happening since Vanilla even when the localisations where not that many. Users ask in forums the server most same language people are in, and they migrate there.
    It is not against the terms of use to speak other languages in trade chat.
    If someone was bothered, the only solution was to transfer on another server. I do not know if CRZ broke this too, as I do not play the game anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    That is literally not what you stated in your first post. Still 0/8.
    You mean this version has way MORE words in it?

So you need that many words to understand a point? Why didn't you just ask for it instead of triggering with your 0/8?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

You mean this version has way MORE words in it?

So you need that many words to understand a point? Why didn't you just ask for it instead of triggering with your 0/8?
    No, i mean that you are a troll and a bad one at it.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    so 49% of EU population are shit to learn basic english? We should invest in better english teachers.
    This sort of reasoning is precisely the reason so many non-anglophones don't bother and stick to their own language. They may have already learned English, but you are not worth the effort of communication.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    And? You seem to think that all slavs speaks Russian or something. There is not such a thing as "slavic language realms"

Get out of my Czech'thul you disgusting rooty toothy anglos.
    Interesting assumption you make and if your Anglos is aimed at Anglo-Saxons i am sorry but my native tongue is of the Germanic family so don't take it out on me because you got a Russian chip on your Slavic shoulder.

and i have learned that "CIS" is a short for Commonwealth of Independent states or Russian commonwealth as it is sometimes know according to wikipedia.

The problem appears to be the official blizzard EN designation for EU-EN. When they give it that offical label, its akin to advertising it as an english server. So when a customer chooses that server and finds that chat is mostly NOT english, it should upset people as it is false advertising. Blizzard should either enforce english on those servers or drop the EN designation. I suppose technically some legal action could be taken against Blizzard just like any other company that engages in false advertising. Its like mcdonalds advertising a big mac and then serving only chicken sandwiches.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

We shouldn't allow non-english words in english realms/chats just like, oh never mind. Not gonna say

Deleted
    Number of English speaking countries in EU is approaching zero.

Ireland is going nowhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    No all Slavs speak or even understand Russian, just saying
    Far from truth - slavs can understand only few russian words, only few ex-soviet countries can speak and understand russian. Not to mention cyrilic letters

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If blizz actually implemented an up to date guild recruitment tool in-game, trade chat could be used for you know trade.

Even a simple thing as adding a Recruitment channel instead of Trade would help.

English realms should be English only. Blizzard should enforce it. Giving out bans to offenders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    It's a problem because trade chat and general chat is essentially filled with "spam". It's a load of garbage I don't understand.
    If they wanna speak their language, fine, but do it on their own servers then and if their language doesn't have one speak fucking English. This is extremely provocating.
    Keep frothing I'll have to switch to my native language whenever talking with my compatriot at least for a time as well, need to see if there are any scrubs of your type on my server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    You are right, everyone has the right to be an asshole.
    Why not we are not living in to USA
    Atleast since we join in to EU most of bulgarians already know english because half of our population is in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    It's a problem because trade chat and general chat is essentially filled with "spam". It's a load of garbage I don't understand.
    If they wanna speak their language, fine, but do it on their own servers then and if their language doesn't have one speak fucking English. This is extremely provocating.
    If someone says something in a language you don't understand, it's pretty damn likely it does not involve you in any way and hence you have no need to know what was said. And certainly no RIGHT to know it.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Far from truth - slavs can understand only few russian words, only few ex-soviet countries can speak and understand russian. Not to mention cyrilic letters
    How is it different from what I said? o_O You said the same stuff, but worded it differently.

There's a typo: should be "not" instead of "no" T_T But there's no comma after no, so you can't read it as "no, all slavs blah blah..."
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-07-27 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At times, I do get annoyed by it but then I realize something really important, we have to make room for each other. We can't all come from a country with english as a native language, or where english is considered common. At times, we just have to expect that others have other languages.

Though, I have one request, for public group chats, please just stick to a common tongue. It does get rather troublesome in battlegrounds, dungeons and raids, when someone cannot communicate with you, or the group.

For all I care, speak another language in your guild, your party or whispers but when others are among, that doesn't - then you would have to switch over.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..