Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Say that to Nazi Germany or the USSR, or, y'know, any oppressive government when it gets too much power.
    ok... lets go to the extreme, say that to somalia, 2001's argentina, or libya, or, y'know, any clusterfuck of a country that happens when there's too little of a government (or no government).

A government per se isnt bad. The US government isnt big (apart from it's military spending), and lost a lot of power, thanks to Citizens United, and also because the republican base is too stupid to realize that Trickle down doesnt work
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    ok... lets go to the extreme, say that to somalia, 2001's argentina, or libya, or, y'know, any clusterfuck of a country that happens when there's too little of a government (or no government).

A government per se isnt bad. The US government isnt big (apart from it's military spending), and lost a lot of power, thanks to Citizens United, and also because the republican base is too stupid to realize that Trickle down doesnt work
    If you are working for -any- kind of corporation, then you are a product of trickle down.

Say that to Nazi Germany or the USSR, or, y'know, any oppressive government when it gets too much power.
    Or say it to the authoritarian administration in charge of te United States at the moment.

If you are working for -any- kind of corporation, then you are a product of trickle down.
    And it still proves that doesnt work. Corporations are profit-driven, and most of said profit is earned by the shareholders (that could be anyone if its a public company), not by the workers of said company (the ones who generate the value)

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Wtf? Are you suggesting that being paid a wage is the cornerstone of trickle down? That's just the cost of labor... that's not an economic model.

Guess what, small businesses pay people wages too!
    also this

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention like 90% of guys talk like that when women aren't watching.

Anybody who says otherwise must have had their balls chopped off.
    Or, never had any worthwhile interaction with a woman, which I will guarantee you have never.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Don't worry people *cracks knuckles* I got this.

1) Economic confidece is actually DROPPING under Trump. Since the inauguration, it has steadily waned.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/151550/ga...nce-index.aspx

This is likely because Trump has not followed through on anything he has promised in this regard. There is no sign of a tax plan (nor is he writing it). His infrastructure plan is stalled. And saying he created half a million jobs in three months sounds impressive until you realize Obama routinely created more. Q1 2017 had the weakest economic growth in three years, withi GDP going up around 1 percent. This is far lower than the three percent he promised and the three percent that's necessary for the tax plan he talked about earlier to be paid for. And, as I've said before, the dollar has steadily fallen against nearly every other currency on earth, tied with Iran.

At its current rate of decline, consumer confidence under Trump will be below its level at the election in another six months.

2) Pro-life is a policy statement largely based on religion but beyond that, it's hurting not helping. For example, any health plan that defunds PP requirs 60 votes in the Senate not 50. In any event, pro-life is not objectively good.

3) The pipelines you mentioned will not be made from American steel and the 28,000 jobs you mentioned -- which is nowhere near the State Department estimate of 3,900 -- 50 of them would be permanent. Trump's numbers are inflated.

4) The number of border apprehensions is down by about 72 percent. That one's objectively true. The problem is, not all illegal immigration crosses the border.

Many of the Asians come over legally with valid visas, then overstay them. That has not dropped 72 percent, and is a sizable proportion of illegal immigration. Visa overstays have outnumbered border crossings since 2007 so you can't even blame Obama for that. So while border crossings are spiked lower, saying illegal immigration is down 72 percent is a figure you cannot back up with actual data.

5) Anyone who calls Clinton "corrupt" or "incompetent" while praising Trump is a bold-faced liar. It is objectively the case that the GOP has been handwaving Trump's behavoir by "he's new, he doesn't know what he's doing". It is also objectively true that there is a special prosecutor looking into Trump personally, as well as his family and campaign, for colluding with Russia. This is in addition to all the things Trump did beforehand, most notably, refusing to pay people he ws contractually obligated to.

Or you could compare the Clinton and Trump charities. Only one of them was shut down for not being a charity. Trump has also used his charity to settle lawsuits and rebuild his own property, and stole money from St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

So your "tip of the iceberg" has three incorrect figures, an opinion, and a bold-faced hypocritical lie, and that's the end of that discussion.
    "Economic confidence" appears to still be higher than it was when he was elected office though.

Another thing I should appreciate is Trump has given the Dems little options but to either shift left or continue to be the losing team. weather they figure that out by the midterms and by 2020 is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    And it still proves that doesnt work. Corporations are profit-driven, and most of said profit is earned by the shareholders (that could be anyone if its a public company), not by the workers of said company (the ones who generate the value)

also this
    Not to mention a major issue is that people are being paid terrible wages, so the money isnt trickling down that much if at all.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Not to mention a major issue is that people are being paid terrible wages, so the money isnt trickling down that much if at all.
    that's the point too. workers are not seeing their fair share, when they produce the value of the goods and services. Most of the earnings should go to them, not to shareholders (because you dont generate any value by doing that)

False outrage. People act like they are so terribly offended then go off and watch some rap music video or read 50 shades of grey. makes it hard to take their "horror" seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep..never played sports.
    You're drawing a false equivalence between things that are actual media and not real where things like that are sensationalized and a person in a real life situation.

Normal people expect to see/read blood, gore, violence, sex, etc... in movies and books that are meant to contain that stuff. That doesn't mean they can't be horrified or disappointed when they see it in real life situations.

Are you saying what he said was not inappropriate? Because that's all I'm arguing, that whether or not we define it as locker room talk or not, that what was said was completely inappropriate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    "Economic confidence" appears to still be higher than it was when he was elected office though.
    Why are you believing in polls? Don't you know the liberal media can spin any polls that they want, including consumer confidence?

i'ts lower though. The dollar is down, and markets are cooling ATM, because they arent getting what they were promised

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Or, never had any worthwhile interaction with a woman, which I will guarantee you have never.
    What do you count as a worthwhile interaction with a woman?

Why are you believing in polls? Don't you know the liberal media can spin any polls that they want, including consumer confidence?
    I simply pointed out an observation to his presentation my friend.
    Enjoy the the rest of day everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You're drawing a false equivalence between things that are actual media and not real where things like that are sensationalized and a person in a real life situation.

Normal people expect to see/read blood, gore, violence, sex, etc... in movies and books that are meant to contain that stuff. That doesn't mean they can't be horrified or disappointed when they see it in real life situations.

Are you saying what he said was not inappropriate? Because that's all I'm arguing, that whether or not we define it as locker room talk or not, that what was said was completely inappropriate.
    Just a man being a man. It really didn't bother me.

I didn't ask if it bothered you, I asked if you found the statement inappropriate.

You can be totally fine with what was said, but still find it inappropriate, they are not mutually exclusive.

ie. Being fine with cussing, raucous humor, sexual innuendos and pictures of women in bikinis but still find those things to be inappropriate at a business meeting.

15+ Year Old Account
    What do you count as a worthwhile interaction with a woman?
    More than just being breastfed by your mother.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it didn't bother you, you thought the phrase "pussy grabbing" was a hand game you play with your dozens of cats.

- - - Updated - - -

I simply pointed out an observation to his presentation my friend.
    Enjoy the the rest of day everyone.
    Well your observation is obviously using fabricated, biased, liberal, mainstream media as a source. Show me some real sources, like gateway pundit, AEI, Heritage please.

More than just being breastfed by your mother.
    Half the Pacific Fleet has been breastfed by BuckSparkles' mother.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't ask if it bothered you, I asked if you found the statement inappropriate.

You can be totally fine with what was said, but still find it inappropriate, they are not mutually exclusive.

ie. Being fine with cussing, raucous humor, sexual innuendos and pictures of women in bikinis but still find those things to be inappropriate at a business meeting.
    It didn't seem like a formal occasion, so no I don't find it inappropriate. Now if he said it during a white house press meeting or something, than sure.

Another example, finding a comment like that in a private conversation an irrelevant non-issue as one hears worse than that from both men and women within 5 minutes of setting foot in the hunting cabin, but finding the response to the media fervor and sexual assault allegations which was at a campaign rally as a candidate for United States President being "That woman wasn't attractive enough for me to sexually assault anyway" to be grossly inappropriate.

Yet for some reason everyone kept screaming "audio tape!" and his imo worse comment in a much, much more egregious setting barely registered with the media.

Edit:
    It didn't seem like a formal occasion, so no I don't find it inappropriate. Now if he said it during a white house press meeting or something, than sure.
    So how do you feel about his rally statement?